30th June 2014, 03:33 PM
Unregistered

Should I reappear in JEE Main if does not qualify in JEE Advance?

hello
I got 190 in my jee mains, but i dont think
i can crack jee advance due to the reason
that I am not prepared enough.
IS REPEATING FOR me a good option?

27th October 2014, 07:39 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I reappear in JEE Main if does not qualify in JEE Advance?

First, you try to appear for the JEE Advance examination and if you don't qualify in the examination, then, you can think about reappearing for the JEE Main examination. If you don't qualify in the JEE Advance examination, then, you can appear for the JEE Main examination next year and by qualifying and securing the top 1,50,000 rank in the JEE Main examination, you are eligible to appear for the JEE Advance examination. And also you must be in the top 20 percentile of your 12th state board high scorers or you must have secured at least 75% (for General/OBC) and 70% (for SC/ST) of marks in your 12th standard.

Maximum number of attempts to appear for JEE Main examination is 3 times and maximum number of attempts to appear for JEE Advance examination is 2 times when you are appearing for 12th standard and after completion of your 12th standard.
9th April 2015, 08:37 PM
amanshrivastava98

The maximum number of attempts for JEE is 3, for the consecutive 3 years including the 12th appearing year.

No matter if you have qualified in the 1st attempt, you have 2 more chances left for JEE, but if you you had a 1 year gap then there is no chance for you to reappear in JEE.

So make sure you submit the form at least every year to save your candidature, otherwise you won't be able to appear in JEE after 1 year gap.
15th April 2015, 12:56 AM
Microsoft_Bangalore

Smile Re: Should I reappear in JEE Main if does not qualify in JEE Advance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hello
I got 190 in my jee mains, but i dont think
i can crack jee advance due to the reason
that I am not prepared enough.
IS REPEATING FOR me a good option?
Since, you can not crack JEE advance but you can crack JEE mains. So, this is not going to be fair with you, because yo have to crack both the paper to get into IIT or NIT. So, i think you need to prepare better for the JEE advance more than the JEE mains. So, that you can clear both the paper. And this will be easy for you. SO, reappearing is the best option for you.
15th April 2015, 10:16 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

JEE means Joint entrance examination which is held in two stages which are
JEE Mains and JEE Advance respectively .

Since you have qualified in your JEE Mains then for qualifying in the JEE Advance you are required to be among the top 20% student of your respective board on the basis of percentage of marks secured in the 12th board examination .

As you have qualified in your Mains examination this year then you will have the option of directly going for the JEE Advance examination of next year .But if you appear in the Mains examination of next year and fails to pass in it then you cannot go for the JEE Advance on the basis of previous year Mains examination.

So take your decision after looking from all the aspects given above and for more information visit the official website of CBSE i.e; www.cbse.nic.in as the examinations is controlled by CBSE .
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?