9th October 2018, 10:01 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to study BA having completed 12th around 9 years ago?

Hello everyone, I have scored 49% in my 10th with Chhattisgarh Board and 12th with 53% with same Board around 9 years ago. After that I discontinued my education. Now I am willing to study BA. So, kindly tell me am I eligible for doing BA?

12th October 2018, 10:25 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to study BA having completed 12th around 9 years ago?

Yes, candidates passed 12th are eligible to get admission in bachelor degree course.

So, you are eligible to get admission in the general bachelor degree course , there is no gap year or age bar to get admission in the course.

Admission procedure varies with institutes, so kindly visit the official website for the detail information regarding the admission.
13th October 2018, 12:04 AM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Admission in a regular college will be difficult, because most of the colleges have an upper age limit. You can try for distance mode BA degree through open university like IGNOU.

After such a long gap, there shouldn't be any issue in getting admission at any distance mode university for sure.
13th October 2018, 07:05 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

The maximum age limit for graduation varies from university to university depending upon the university rules.

In some universities the age limit is 17 to 21 years and some are different, the maximum age limit in some universities is up to 25 years .

Beyond that you can not pursue your graduation course as regular student. But you can do your graduation course in distance or correspondence mode.
13th October 2018, 08:53 PM
Bhaak Burbak
Senior Member++++

Bachelor of Arts is a three years undergraduate course.

~~There is no upper age limit defined by Ministry of Human Resource Development or Government of India.

~~You are eligible for pursuing BA course after nine years gap of senior secondary board examination.
13th October 2018, 09:03 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

As a regular student, the upper age limit to pursue any graduation course is 25 years according to the guidelines of UGC.

After a gap of a number of years you can apply for the graduation as a private student. There are many universities which offer various UG courses for private students. So, it can be beneficial for you.
14th October 2018, 01:33 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello everyone, I have scored 49% in my 10th with Chhattisgarh Board and 12th with 53% with same Board around 9 years ago. After that I discontinued my education. Now I am willing to study BA. So, kindly tell me am I eligible for doing BA?

Yes, you are eligible to study BA having completed 12th around 9 years ago. You can study the BA course through correspondence mode in various universities. Eligibility to study BA through correspondence is a pass in 10+2. Therefore, you can study BA after completion of 12th around 9 years ago. There is no age limit to study BA through correspondence mode. Duration of the course is three years. No need to attend the class on a daily basis. However, you have to appear for the examinations every year.
14th October 2018, 08:05 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can apply for Bachelor of Arts course after nine years of academic gap between studies. The academic qualification required for Bachelor of Arts course is 12th passed from a recognized board.

You are 12th passed with 53% marks and there is no upper age limit for this course. You can pursue the course either in regular or distance mode as per your wish. Make sure your university is recognized by UGC and DEC in case of distance mode.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?