21st September 2015, 08:27 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to study B.Com if completed 12th around 16 years ago?

Hello,
I have completed my 12th around 16 years ago. After that I have discontinued my studies. Now I want to Resume my studies, I have done my 12th from Commerce and now want to study B.Com. Am I eligible or not?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I get admission to study MBBS if completed BPT 4 years ago but secured 39% in 12th?
  2. Am I eligible to study M.Com if completed B.Com 18 years ago?
  3. Possibility to study Civil Engineering Diploma course for a 31 years old AutoCAD Designer who has completed 12th about 12 years ago?
  4. Possibility to study B.Sc for a candidate who has completed 12th Commerce about 18 years ago?
  5. Am I eligible to apply for scholarship if completed 12th CBSE with 87% around 2 years ago?
  6. Can I study Civil Engineering Diploma course if completed 12th about 12 years ago and working as an AutoCAD Designer being a 31 years old candidate?
  7. Can I get admission to study B.Tech if completed 12th with 59% around 10 years ago and working in Abroad?
  8. Am I eligible to reapply for B.Com if completed 10 years ago?
  9. Can I apply to study in 12th standard if completed 10th about 2 years ago being a SC female student?
  10. Am I eligible to study Bachelor of Library Science if completed B.Com 8 years ago?
  11. Can I be eligible to get admission in 12th Commerce if discontinued 11th about 7 years ago? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. Eligibility to study PhD in Urdu for a candidate who has completed M.A. about 7 years ago?
  13. Can I get admission to study BBA in India without any entrance exam if completed 12th about 5 years ago and belongs to Bangladesh?
  14. Am I eligible to study M.Pharmacy if completed M.Sc(Chemistry) 10 years ago and qualified in GATE being a Teacher in a B.Pharmacy college?
  15. Am I eligible to study PhD in Architecture if completed M.Arch 15 years ago?
  16. Possibility to study 12th again from CBSE Board with Science if completed with Arts about 3 years ago? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. Am I eligible to study correspondence M.Phil being a Housewife who has completed M.A.(Hindi) about 7 years ago?
  18. Am I eligible to get admission in B.Com final year if completed 12th about 5 years ago?
22nd September 2015, 10:47 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to study B.Com if completed 12th around 16 years ago?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,
I have completed my 12th around 16 years ago. After that I have discontinued my studies. Now I want to Resume my studies, I have done my 12th from Commerce and now want to study B.Com. Am I eligible or not?
Yes, you can continue your studies. But, it is not possible for you to continue your studies through regular mode. The applicant age should be not more than 24 years at the time of admission. Since, you already having 16 years gap so it is not possible for you to do Graduation through regular. However, you can continue your studies through Distance or Correspondence mode. There is no minimum age needed for Distance or Correspondence. Here, I am listing you the best Distance or Correspondence universities, which offers B.Com univeristies which offers thorugh
  • Delhi University
  • Tamil Nadu Open University
  • Annalmalai University, Directorate of Distance Education
  • University of Mumbai
  • Bharathiar University
  • Madurai Kamaraj University
  • Alagappa University
22nd September 2015, 11:26 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,
Yes, you can do B.Com course but you can't apply for regular course so you can try for distance education.

List of the university for B.Com course in India:-

Goa University
Ph. No: 0832 651 9048
Address: Taleigao Plateau, Bambolim, Goa-403001
https://www.unigoa.ac.in

Nalanga Open University
Ph. No: 0612 220 6916
Address: West Gandhi Maidan, 1st Floor, Biscoman Bhawan, Patna, Bihar-800001
http://www.nalandaopenuniversity.com

IGNOU
Ph. No: 011 2953 3869
Address: # RZ-A-44, Road Number 4, Block B, Mahipalpur Extension, New Delhi, Delhi-110037
22nd September 2015, 12:23 PM
AA 12345
Senior Member+

Yes, you can eligible for B.com Course in Distance mode not in regular mode.

Most of the universities, offering B.com Course in Distance mode.

So, you can apply directly apply for B.com course.

But, For admission process they conduct the Exam.

For this you need to appear the entrance exam then only they will give the admission in this course.

So, you will consult some universities then apt your choice.
22nd September 2015, 02:40 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility criteria for admission to Degree courses is:
1.Age of candidate should be 17 to 25 years and relaxations of 5 years is given to candidates with reserved category.
2. Candidate must have done 12th from recognized board with at least 50% marks.
22nd September 2015, 06:21 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

I am sorry to say that you cannot get admission in B.Com course as a full time student, however, you can pursue your B.Com via correspondence mode from various Institutes providing correspondence course in B.Com.
22nd September 2015, 07:53 PM
DSP@1

Yes, you can do your graduation course at any age after completing your 12th standard.

But you cannot do your graduation course as Regular,but you can do your graduation course in Distance.

So search for the Open Universities near to you which is offering your desired courses B.Com.Not only Open Universities some of the colleges/universities offer this Distance education.

By comparing these colleges/universities which are offering Distance Education and Open Universities,Open universities are best for Distance education.

So after selecting your desired university/college you have to apply for the admission in that university/college.

They will conduct entrance test,based on the number of applicants and marks you scored you will be given admission if you perform well in that test otherwise you will not be given admission in that university/college for you.
13th June 2019, 11:52 AM
Unregistered

I have completed my 11th around 30 years ago. After that I have discontinued my studies. Now I want to Resume my studies, I have done my 10th.
15th August 2019, 10:43 PM
Unregistered

I have discontinued my engineering now i want to join journalism in BA and i am science student
17th August 2019, 10:45 AM
sharmasheetal

Yes,you can eligible to study B.Com but in distance mode not in regular basis.
The age of the candidate should be between 17 to 25 years.
25th August 2019, 03:07 AM
Alkasharma123

Yes, you are eligible to study B.Com if completed 12th around 16 years ago.But, It is not possible for you to continue your studies through regular mode. the applicant age should be not more than 24 years at the time of admission.You can continue your studies thorough Distance or Correspondence mode and there is no minimum age needed for Distance or Correspondence.
22nd December 2020, 07:41 PM
Unregistered

I want to clear my only one subject of A/c-I of my third year B.Com. I had even done the online registration some 5 years before but now am unable to login with it. Now if I want to appear for my exams through IDOL, how can I? Please guide me.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?