6th February 2016, 06:38 AM
Unregistered

Is B.Ed. necessary to teach Biology in 12th CBSE schools?

I have completed my graduation in B.Sc. I want to teach Biology subject to students of class 12th in CBSE schools. But i have heard that B.Eed. is necessary for doing that. Is that true?

6th February 2016, 01:48 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is B.Ed. necessary to teach Biology in 12th CBSE schools?

Let me clear you one thing is that you have to complete your masters in science after Bachelor in Science to teach in 11th and 12th.
After Bachelor in Science you can appear in TET exam and you will be eligible to teach upto class 10th only.
So after your BSc you have to appear in the entrance test to pursue Masters courses in science.
6th February 2016, 01:50 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Let me clear you one thing is that you have to complete your masters in science after Bachelor in Science to teach in 11th and 12th.
After Bachelor in Science you can appear in TET exam and you will be eligible to teach upto class 10th only.
So after your BSc you have to appear in the entrance test to pursue Masters courses in science.
You have to qualify Commission.
6th February 2016, 05:12 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

In private schools you have chance of teaching job without B.Ed but these days most of the schools ask for B.Ed and only in the case of lack of staff can result in selection without B.Ed qualification.

Hence, to increase your chances of getting a teaching job in schools you must try to complete B.Ed before applying for job.
6th February 2016, 11:29 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have completed my graduation in B.Sc. I want to teach Biology subject to students of class 12th in CBSE schools. But i have heard that B.Eed. is necessary for doing that. Is that true?
Yes, it is true that you must complete B.Ed course to be eligible for Teacher job at school level. Any graduates with 50% of mark from a recognized university are eligible to apply for B.Ed course through regular mode. Since, you are interested to get a Teacher job in CBSE school so I suggest you to qualify in TET entrance exam once after completing B.Ed.
6th February 2016, 11:44 PM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes, you have to clear B.Ed along with your Master’s Degree in Biology to teach Biology in CBSE schools. The aspirant should have good experience in the teaching field and knowledge of computers. The aspirant has to clear the CTET for teaching from Class I to VIII. So you have to study M.Sc in Biology and then B.Ed to pursue your career in teaching in CBSE schools.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?