13th August 2015, 10:38 AM
Dr shruti singhal

BDS graduate can teach Biology in School?

I'm a BDS- dentist and interested in teaching biology in school. Am I eligible to teach biology or do I need any other degree

13th August 2015, 11:33 PM
joyshreenath
Senior Member++

Default Re: BDS graduate can teach Biology in School?

No I am afraid, you are not eligible to teach biology in school. If you don't believe me you can apply in some schools. You will never hear from them regarding a call for interview. In fact, MBBS people are also not allowed to teach biology in school. You people are allowed to teach your graduation subjects in your or other medical colleges. Be it MBBS or BDS, both these genre is related to medical science. So you get to teach students who are preparing for medical colleges. For being a Biology teacher, you must be M.Sc. in Biology. Only then are you eligible to apply for such jobs in a school.
14th August 2015, 12:57 PM
Pwg_31
Senior Member+

For the government schools, you need to complete B.ed course.The procedure of taking admission in B.ed is very simple. But first of all you should be aware of the eligibility criteria of course. So, its is as follows-

1) The minimum education qualification is graduation from any recognized university of the country.

2) The minimum marks of the candidate in the graduation should be at least 50%.

Now if you fulfill these criteria which i assume you do since you are already teaching in some organisation, then you will have appear for the entrance exam for the course.

Clearing this entrance exam only, you will be allowed to take admission in the B.ed course.
As far as the entrance exam is concerned, it will be consisting of-
- English
- GK
- Aptitude
- Teaching skills
etc.

But in case, if you want to apply in the private schools, then you cab do so with your current criteria also. you just need to show them your experience and clear their interview.
24th September 2022, 05:19 AM
Unregistered

What subject can i get to teach in schools after bds in Vietnam
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?