25th January 2019, 05:04 PM
Unregistered

Is it a barrier to opt Science in HS if I am weak in Physics?

Hello everyone, I am in 10th standard and preparing for my final Board exam. I am interested in Science as I am little bit strong in Life Science and Mathematics. But the problem is that I am weak in Physical Science. So, I get problem if I choose Science in my HS?

31st January 2019, 05:40 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it a barrier to opt Science in HS if I am weak in Physics?

As you are saying that you are weak in physics but you are interested in science stream hence, I would like to suggest you that if you think that you will not be able to cope up with physics subject then you should drop the idea of opting for science stream in your 11th standard.

But on the other hand I feel so that most of the students are weak in physics but they worked really hard on the subject and opt for science stream and also attain good marks in their 12th board examination.
Only thing is that you will have to work hard on the Physics subject.
1st February 2019, 05:01 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

If you opt for science, then physics and chemistry will be compulsory subjects. Hence, you need to be ready for it, if you are willing to study science. Many students take science and regret later.

Therefore, take your decision carefully according to your strength. Although, if you have good maths and life science, then half of your problem is solved in science, you just need to find a way to deal with physics only.
1st February 2019, 10:03 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

If you are weak in physics then it doesn't mean that will not opt for science stream but yes here I am just giving ome tips that would help you to make physics as your favourite subject:

Don't panic. Basically, when you come across some numericals in physics you don't have any idea from where to start and what to do about that particular numerical. Get relaxed because if your basic concepts are clear and you are well familiar with the formulas of all the chapters than half of the work is done. What you need to do when you practice questions always starts from lower level physics numericals what I mean to say is that you have to choose basic numericals which seem easy to use.

Most of the students they just cram the theory portion like derivation but they forget that if they will understand the derivation and the Basic concept behind it then they would able to solve the numericals related to it too.

Always read the question carefully. And then try to organise the information about that particular question.

It might be possible that you have heard somewhere that Physics is very difficult but let me know you it is one of the easiest subject when you understand it.

Just go for science stream and then study physics without any fear in mind. Take it easy.
3rd February 2019, 12:00 AM
HKBEHURA
Senior Member+++++

It is a barrier only till the time you think it as a barrier, if you are not good at Physics then I suggest you to spend more of your time to study Physics subject, better if you take some private classes to improve your efficiency in Physics.

This is not a very big task as you are thinking it to be, it is just a subject like Mathematics and Life Science. You just need to be focused on it and I am sure you will improve your knowledge and interest in this subject as well.
5th February 2019, 05:11 PM
komal03102021

No its not a barrier, I personally was not a fan of the subject but I did get satisfactory marks in 12th boards.
You should definitely opt for Science if you think it is a stream that suits your desired career.
With the help of Teachers you can get good enough marks in Physics.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?