8th March 2018, 11:11 AM
Unregistered

Is it a barrier to opt Science in H.S. if I am weak in Chemistry?

I am in 10th standard and preparing for my final board exam. I am interested in Science as I am little bit strong in Mathematics and Physics. But the problem is that I am weak in Chemistry. So, I get problem if I choose Science in my H.S.?

12th April 2018, 12:54 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it a barrier to opt Science in H.S. if I am weak in Chemistry?

No, it will not be a problem for you to choose Science stream in Higher Secondary course even if you are weak in Chemistry. In Non-Medical Science stream, the Mathematics will be the major subject along with Physics and Chemistry subjects. So, if you can take any tuition or if you keep some extra efforts to study Chemistry, you will not have any problem even if you choose Science stream for pursuing your Higher Secondary course.
12th April 2018, 06:38 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

If you opt for science stream, then chemistry is definitely required. You have to study chemistry for at least 2 years in school and after that you can study your own choice of subjects at degree level.

If you are weak in chemistry, then also you can't avoid the subject, because most of the engineering and medical entrance exams ask chemistry questions too.
14th April 2018, 02:21 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

If you opt Science stream in class 11th, then you have to study a subject combination of Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology. Now, if you are weak in chemistry, then you may face problems further. If you really want to opt Science stream in class 11th, then you must have to work on Chemistry subject as it will one of the main subjects. Otherwise, you can opt Commerce or Arts accordingly in your class 11th.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?