19th March 2014, 07:58 PM
Unregistered

Being strong in science but weak in mathematics can I science stream?

I have a strong hand in science but I am weak in mathematics.
If I want science as a career can I get science stream in class 11th.

Related Questions:
  1. Can I appear for GATE in Mathematics stream if I am pursuing B.E in Computer Science stream?
  2. What can be the possible career for me after 12th science if I am weak in maths?
  3. Books, fees, coaching institutes and exam procedure for AMIE? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. Which is the best stream between Science and Mathematics?
  5. Courses which I can do after 10th in medical field?
  6. List of options available for a science stream student for a better future prospective? I'm interested in Mathematics
  7. Which are the courses that include Maths without Biology and Chemistry after completion of 10th class?
  8. Which stream should I take between Science and Commerce if I am average student with weaker skills in Maths and Biology?
  9. What are the benefits of the science stream? What are the careers available except engineering and medicine?
  10. Should I do graduation with Arts stream, Humanity or continue with science stream after 12th science?
  11. Colleges for doing BSc in Maths near Surat? Cutoff marks for the admission?
  12. What are the job opportunities in computer science field? Can I give the GATE in Mathematics stream?
  13. Which stream should I take for PU? I am a average in science
  14. Which second optional subject should I choose for UPSC exam?
  15. What to choose in 11th in order to become a Pilot?
  16. Higher secondaryschool in Kerala providing Psychology in Science Stream instead of Mathematics?
  17. Transfer from Science to Commerce stream in class 12? -- [New]
  18. What shall I do being a Science candidate weak in Maths and English and interested to do Engineering?
1st April 2014, 09:40 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Being strong in science but weak in mathematics can I science stream?

It is a quite common problem seen among many aspirants. Often it is seen that students have weakness in Mathematics but at the same time they are good at other science subjects and want to pursue their further studies in Science Stream.

If you want to take up science, you can definitely take up science in your 11th even though you are weak in Mathematics. However, you must keep in mind that without mathematics most of career paths will be closed for you. However, you can go for Biology related or Computer Science related fields. For that you should choose Biology/Computer Science instead of Mathematics.
3rd April 2014, 05:43 PM
chandan kumar verma

Default Re: Being strong in science but weak in mathematics can I science stream?

yes you can definitely opt for science in class 11th,but you should remember your weakness and try hard to cope up with the vast syllabus in the intermediate 1st year.
at starting,you will come with a good stuff of mathematics syllabus with trigonometry and all.in science you will have 3 subjects equally vast and important.
be sure for your main ambition and you only need consistency and persisitency and enjoy your work .
thats all.
3rd April 2014, 07:02 PM
ExpertAnswers
Senior Member+++

Yes of course. you may easily opt for science subjects in 11th and 12th if you are so strong in science. For that what you can do is opt for biology and not choose mathematics.Try to avoid maths if you are not good at it. You will have many options to opt for along with science and except for maths.Like you can take up computer science, biotechnology, electronics etc.

There are many students who are even studying science in physics chemistry and biology only, without any extra optional subject also. So you can always do this type of jumbling up of subjects in both 12th and 11th classes.
But you need to remember one thing that without mathematics you may not be able to choose some of the career options like MCA, Engineering etc.
Which means if you have interest in these careers you will have to study maths anyhow, and even pass in that subject. But if its okay with you that means you can leave these options and go ahead then its fine and you can always opt for such combination of subjects.
26th May 2014, 09:22 AM
Unregistered

I am weak in physics and maths bt i wnt my career to be science i got 73% in 10th can i try for science? Is science difficult??
23rd March 2015, 11:07 AM
chintu helper
Senior Member++

Definitely you can get the science stream ,You can get Medical Stream easily in any school if you have good marks in class 10th Pre-board exams , Almost schools take admission on the behalf of PRE-Board result

Subjects - English , Physics , Chemistry and Biology these are compulsory subjects , and fifth subject is Choice in between Music , Hindi , Sanskrit , Punjabi , Physical etc

Science stream is of two types ,
==> Medical , Main subjects are Physics , Chemistry and Biology ==> This filed goes in doctor line
==> Non-Medical , Main subject are Physics , Chemistry and Maths ==> This filed mainly goes in engineering line

As you mention that you interest is in science but not in maths so I would like to suggests you go for Medical stream
23rd March 2015, 12:16 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Yes you can have science stream as your main subjects in your secondary as well as higher education being weak in Mathematics because you can have Physics , Chemistry and Biology as your subjects in your further education .

By opting these subjects you will have good future in your medical field and you have few options in technical field such as Microbiology Biotechnology & etc. .

But , you still have to work on your Mathematics to a little extent because numerical of Physics and Chemistry will need bit of Mathematics .So try to practice some questions of Mathematics in your spare time .
24th March 2015, 11:30 AM
zzaza
Senior Member+

Yes science is a tuff subject. There is a huge difference between science of 10th and higher classes. In 11th science you will find various derivation's of formula's as well as numerical's related to topic's. You have to study hard for achieving good marks in this subject.

If you really want to take science and willing for work hard then only get it unless it is of no use. On the other hand Mathematics require daily practice. You will easily cover all syllabus twice a year. But you need to be consistent towards your studies.
15th August 2017, 10:54 PM
Unregistered

My daughter is weak in Maths and Computers but good at science. She wants science and has an option of only taking Economics instead of maths in the school. Will she still be elgible for science in XI, please advise.

Thanks
Aj
25th March 2020, 10:56 AM
Unregistered

Can I take science in 11 std if I get 65% in class 10 science
28th March 2020, 06:15 PM
HarishGuri
Senior Member+

---Yes you are eligible for take science stream after scoring 11th standard with 65%marks.

--You can go in Pharmacy field where there is no any major role of Mathematics but have a compulsory role of Science.

:- All you have to do is clear 12th standard with minimum of 50-60%Mark's from a recognized board with Physcis, chemistry and math as main subject
29th June 2021, 05:19 AM
Unregistered

Can someone weak in Math do elective science
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?