14th May 2015, 06:47 PM
Unregistered

Which Board to choose after 10th grade IGSCE? Is CBSE good to chooose?

Hi,
My son has given his 10th grade examination from IGCSE board..would like to know which board shall i opt for CBSE or continue with A levels..

Very confused please help..

Related Questions:
  1. Is it good take admission in different board after completion of 10th or to be in the same board?
  2. Which is better between CBSE Board and Bihar Board if completed 10th from CBSE Board?
  3. Should I transfer to CBSE board for admission in H.S. Science(Biology) after completing 10th standard?
  4. Can I get A1 Grade if secured 87% in 10th CBSE Board exam?
  5. Which board to choose after passing 10th, CBSE or GSEB?
  6. Can I secure 10 CGPA in Board exam if didn't score well in 10th CBSE Summative-I exam? Benefits of studying in CBSE Board over State Board?
  7. Whether a candidate will get admission in 11th ICSE after completing 10th from CBSE Board?
  8. Process to change board in class 10th from CBSE to State Board?
  9. Is my grades in 10th board exam enough for becoming a doctor?
  10. How can I apply to get scholarship if secured Grade-10 in 10th CBSE?
  11. Which one should choose between CBSE and State board for further studies after scoring 78% marks in 10th CBSE board?
  12. Which board would be better for me CBSE or HP Board for pursuing MBBS? How to become Doctor after clearing all the exams?
  13. Doubts regarding moving from IB board to CBSE/ICSE
  14. Which board to choose among CBSE and Maharashtra State Board to study Higher Secondary Education with Science?
  15. What percentage I have to achieve for admission in 11th CBSE if pursuing 10th MP Board?
  16. Can I get admission in diploma Aeronautical Engineering after passing 10th standard in CBSE with A grade?
  17. Is it beneficial to change board from CBSE to state board? I've studied up to 5th std in Gujarati medium and shifted to CBSE -- [Most Discussed]
  18. In which board should I take admission after 10th MP Board or CBSE? Will there be any affect on marks in CBSE board?
14th May 2015, 07:12 PM
chintu helper
Senior Member++

Thumbs up Re: Which Board to choose after 10th grade IGSCE? Is CBSE good to chooose?

CBSE - central Board of secondary education is better than any other board in India , CBSE provides a quality of education , Its syllabus and study pattern is compatible with entrance exams like AIPMT and AIEEE - because they are also conducted by CBSE

The CBSE Syllabus is very structured, highly predictable and, highly controlled and the national entrance examinations are conducted as per this syllabus.

IGCSE board is Almost similar to CBSE in terms of controls, difference being this is quasi Government.

If you got transfer in any other city or state then you can easily find CBSE schools everywhere in India but you cannot find IGCSE school everywhere in India
15th May 2015, 12:16 AM
taherrocks
Senior Member+

Default Re: Which Board to choose after 10th grade IGSCE? Is CBSE good to chooose?

I would like to tell you something that if you are pursuing IGSCE board then continue with that board only as you are familiar with the board, but if you want to go for CBSE board then you can go for it as it is a Delhi base board and also a renowned board, so you can go for CBSE board also, but I will advice to stick with the same board as you won't face any problem in study pattern.
15th May 2015, 07:14 AM
Sam James

Default Re: Which Board to choose after 10th grade IGSCE? Is CBSE good to chooose?

Both are good boards. The selection depends on your future plans. If you are planning to fly abroad then it is better to take IGSCE. But you'll get a different appeal if you select CBSE for Indian Scenario, since only few students study CBSE.
15th May 2015, 09:28 AM
MECHANICAL POWER

As your son has given his 10th grade examination from IGCSE board and after 10th board he want to join CBSE board for future study.
So, I inform you that yes he can get admission in CBSE board after 10th.
To get in CBSE board he have to collect the following document from his school.

1). Class 10th report card.

2). School Leaving certificate

3). Migration certificate.
After collecting above document he can get admission in CBSE board.
24th May 2016, 10:36 PM
Unregistered

which syllabus is better for my child as he is studying class eight. whether ICSE board or CBSE?
23rd January 2017, 04:05 AM
Unregistered

After 10th igcse I am confused which board to choose...English language is it easy in case or A level..thinking of science case.is it easy
28th November 2017, 08:56 AM
Unregistered

My child has taken French in 6th grade ICSE. Now we want to move him to a CBSE board with Hindi as the 2nd language. Would it be a right choice to do so or should I continue in ICSE itself.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?