2nd June 2016, 07:58 PM
Unregistered

Can I appear for CA CPT without class 12th qualification?

Sir, please advise me and clarify. I wish to appear for CA-CPT. Am I eligible with below academic qualification?
I passed 10th class, after 10th I studied directly graduation and passed with below 50% marks. I don't have 12th qualification. Am I eligible for CA -CPT?

2nd June 2016, 10:13 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear for CA CPT without class 12th qualification?

To be eligible to appear in CA-CPT examination, you must have completed 12th standard or equivalent from a recognised board. Candidates who have completed Graduation course with minimum aggregate of 60% marks from a recognised board are eligible to direct register for IPCC level without appearing in CPT examination. Since, you have completed your Graduation with less than 50% aggregate marks, you are not eligible to do CA-CPT course.
3rd June 2016, 01:13 AM
EALP EXPERT
Senior Member+++++

CA-CPT WITHOUT 12TH CLASS

** You are not eligible to appear in CA CPT without class 12th or after 10th class.

** The minimum eligibility for CPT Examination is that candidates must pass in Class 12th form any recognized Board.

** Also i want to you inform that after 10th you are eligible to register for CA CPT exam, but not eligible to appear in CA CPT examination

CA EXAM STAGES

** Stage1:-CPT

** Stage2:-IPCC

** Stage3:-Articleship and final course
3rd June 2016, 03:49 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

No, I am sorry to say that you cannot appear for CA CPT without having cleared your 12th board examination. You should clear your 12th board examination from a reputed board and only after that you will be eligible to appear for CA CPT.
3rd June 2016, 01:51 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility Criteria Required to appear CA CPT Examination:

As far as my best knowledge is concerned, you are NOT eligible to appear in CA CPT (Common Proficiency Test) without 12th Class in Academics. The minimum qualification required to appear in this CA CPT Examination is "12th Class" from a recognized university.

Yes, candidates who have passed their 12th Class in 10+2 pattern by an examination body constituted by Law in India or an Examination recognized by the central government. Besides this, Candidates who have completed Graduate degree (LLB, B.Com, M.Com, ICWA or CS, MBA) are also eligible to appear in CA CPT Examination. But most of all, the very important thing you need to notice is that the minimum qualification required is 12th Class in order to appear in CA CPT Exam.
3rd June 2016, 05:53 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

CA CPT stands for Chartered Accountancy Common Proficiency Test. This is considered to be the first stage of CA course. The registration for CPT can be done after 10th board exam but you can appear for this exam only after doing 12th from any recognized board.

You have mentioned that you have not done 12 th and you did graduation directly. Graduates are directly eligible for IPCC stage but they must have minimum 55% marks and you have less than it, you are not eligible for it. Since you have not done 12th, you can not apply for CPT exam also. You must do 12th from any board to apply for CPT exam who is conducted twice every year.
3rd June 2016, 11:32 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Yes, class 12th qualification is very much required for CA CPT. I don't know how you managed to complete graduation without class 12th. You should have mentioned the name of university from where you completed graduation.

If it is a recognized university then no problem in appearing for CA CPT. Some student do graduation after diploma and if you are one of them then no problem.
7th June 2016, 09:15 AM
onemdindus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, please advise me and clarify. I wish to appear for CA-CPT. Am I eligible with below academic qualification?
I passed 10th class, after 10th I studied directly graduation and passed with below 50% marks. I don't have 12th qualification. Am I eligible for CA -CPT?
You are not eligible for CA- CPT but for CA-IPCC with your graduation as qualification.

There are three levels to become Chartered Accountant in India:-

>>Common Proficiency Test
>>IPCC
>>Final Examination

To apply for CPT, you must have done 12th class from any recognized schools in India.

To apply for IPCC, you must have passed CPT examination. If you are graduate related to commerce course, you can directly apply for IPCC skipping the CPT examination.

To apply for final examination, you must have passed IPCC exam.
11th June 2016, 09:50 PM
AA 12345
Senior Member+

I am sorry to say that you are not eligible for CA CPT, because minimum qualification for entering this course is 12th.

Eligibility criteria for CA CPT;

Candidate must complete 12th with any stream from recognized board.

As per ICAI rules graduates (commerce 55% others 60%) are eligible for CA IPCC directly with the skip of CA CPT.

So, you are not eligible for CA Course.
14th June 2016, 05:41 PM
Expert king

I am really not understanding you, without 12th how can you complete graduation?
Any way If you want to join in CA Course you need to apply for CA CPT first.
For Applying the CA CPT course you must complete 10+2 with any stream from recognized board.
Graduates are eligible for CA IPCC directly.
But you don’t have 10+2 So, you are not eligible for this course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?