18th March 2015, 03:00 PM
Unregistered

Can I become a Journalist if completed 12th Science?

Hello
I am Deepa Sen. I have completed 12th Science and my dream is to become a Journalist. So, Are there any chances after 12th Science? I am confused so please help me.

21st March 2015, 09:22 PM
harishydv
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I become a Journalist if completed 12th Science?

Yes, you can study the bachelor's degree in journalism after completing the 12th in science stream.

Eligibility for journalism

* The student who have passed HSC is eligible to apply for bachelor's degree in journalism.

* The candidate must have completed his 12th standard in recognized organization with English is one of the subjects.

* The candidate must require a minimum of 55% of marks to obtain admission in the degree of journalism.
2nd April 2015, 12:18 AM
amanshrivastava98

Yes, if you want to become a journalist in future, You should go for the BJMC which stands for Bachelor of Journalism and Mass Communication.

It will be a great career opportunity.
3rd April 2015, 10:43 AM
DineshKumar_01

Yes, you surely done the bachelor's degree in journalism after completing your 12th standard in the science stream:

I am provide you the some of the eligibility criteria for getting join in the journalism degree as below:

Eligibility criteria for join in the journalism degree:

1. Candidate should have passed 12th standard are only eligible to apply for bachelor's degree in journalism.

2. Candidate should have completed his 12th standard in recognized institution /university with English is one of the subject.

3. Candidate should score a minimum mark of 55% to obtained admission in the degree of journalism.
10th April 2015, 03:58 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

yes, you can become a Journalist if completed 12th with Science stream.

The procedure to become a journalist are following:-

- The Eligibility criteria to become a Journalist is that you should be 12th pass in any stream from a recognized university.

- The candidate must have scored at least 60% marks in aggregate in the 12th class to join any good college.

-The candidate must have good communication skills and linguistic skills and writing skills and listening skills.

-The Entrance exam of various journalism institutes usually held in the month from May - July every year consists of a written test followed by Group discussions and Interview.

-The candidate should have good command over current affairs.
18th March 2017, 12:23 PM
Unregistered

Hi am Brundha. Just now I have finished my 1 puc in science. I like to be a journalist am confused now what to do. After my 2 puc i like to join for a journalist course should I start any preparations for journalist exam and can I change a stream from science to arts. Please kindly accept this and give me a proper solution.
Thank you
20th April 2017, 05:35 PM
Unregistered

Hi sir/madam. I am Anusha. I am a science student.i want to be a journalist but I'm confused.im writing NEET. Will I be able to take up journalist course if I write NEET Exam? Please do reply. Thank you
22nd July 2018, 02:48 PM
prithviraj yadav

Hi,
There are various degree courses in journalism that can be opted after 10+2. Some of the courses are-

◇Bachelor of Arts (Honours) Journalism- 03 year’s course
◇Bachelor of Journalism- 03 year’s course
◇Bachelor of Mass Media and Journalism- 03 year’s course
◇Bachelor of Science in Journalism and Mass Communication- 03 year’s course
◇Bachelor of Journalism and Mass Communication (BJMC)- 03 year’s course...
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?