15th February 2016, 02:12 PM
Unregistered

Can I get admission in UPTU for B.Tech having secured 48% in 12th CBSE?

Hello Everyone,
I have got 48% marks in CBSE of 12th standard. But I want to do B.Tech. So, can I take admission in B.Tech through UPTU? Kindly tell me about this asap.

Related Questions:
  1. In which colleges can I get admission having 25625 rank in UPTU and 83% in CBSE?
  2. Can I get admission to study B.Tech through UPTU if secured 48% in 12th CBSE?
  3. Can I take admission in IP after scoring 92.4% in 12th CBSE
  4. How can I take admission in M.Tech without qualifying in GATE? I'm doing B.Tech(Computer Science) from UPTU and have secured 73% marks in B.Tech 66% marks in 12th, 78% marks in High school(CBSE)
  5. How to get admission in engineering college after scoring 145 marks in PCM 12th class CBSE board and 66000 rank in UPTU?
  6. Is it possible to get admission in Law college after scoring 63% in 12th CBSE?
  7. Scholarship for B.Tech student who has secured 89.6% in 12th CBSE?
  8. Which result should I use for admission in UPTU Old CBSE marksheet or improvement marksheet?
  9. Is it possible to repeat 12th CBSE if secured admission in Distance B.Com course at Delhi University?
  10. How can I get scholarship if secured 80.80% in 12th CBSE being a B.Tech 3rd semester student?
  11. Can I get admission to study B.Com in Sri Ram College of Commerce, Delhi if secured 94% in 12th CBSE?
  12. How to take admission in UPTU Government engineering college after passing 12th
  13. Date of admission in B.Com course? I have scored 61% marks in 12th CBSE board
  14. Am I eligible for UPTU SEE? I am doing 12th CBSE from Bihar
  15. Procedure to apply for scholarship for a candidate who has secured 90.4% in 12th CBSE?
  16. Am I eligible for scholarship having 95% in 12th CBSE?
  17. Job after B.Tech(CSE) with 78% marks and 59.2% in 12th standard? -- [Most Discussed]
  18. How can I get CBSE Scholarship if secured 80.80% in 12th standard and studying B.Tech 3rd semester? From where I will get scholarship?
16th February 2016, 01:55 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get admission in UPTU for B.Tech having secured 48% in 12th CBSE?

In order to appear for UPTC entrance examination to get admission in B.Tech course, you need to have scored a minimum of 50% in your boar examination. There is a relaxation for reserved category upto 5 years for SC/ST and 3 years for OBC candidates. Therefore, if your fall under these categories, you will be eligible for the exam and if not then I am sorry to say that you will not be able to appear for UPTU entrance.
16th February 2016, 01:58 PM
Ashfaquerockz
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I get admission in UPTU for B.Tech having secured 48% in 12th CBSE?

Your marks are quite less in order to be atleast eligible for UPTU entrance examination. However, you can appear for the3 examination f your belong to some of the reserved categories, i.e. SC/ST, OBC, etc,

Relaxation is given to them in terns of percentage requirement, therefore if you fall under any such category, then it is okay, otherwise I am sorry to say that with the marks you have scored, you cannot appear for your boards.
16th February 2016, 06:34 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

UPTU conducts UPSEE for admission in B.Tech course. With just 48% marks you might find yourself short of the required marks which is 50% for entrance exam.

Only reserved category candidates are eligible after relaxation of 5% marks. Therefore, you are eligible if you belong to reserved category.
16th February 2016, 07:13 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

UPTU stands for Uttar Pradesh Technical University and it is now renamed as A.P.J Abdul Kalam Technical University.

There are numerous engineering colleges in which you can take admission with 48% marks in board exams. Either you can appear for Joint Entrance Exam or UPSEEE for admission in any college.

However, if you do not appear for any entrance exam, you can take admission under Management Quota Seats which is based on percentage of marks and personality test.
24th February 2016, 10:37 PM
Unregistered

Sir I have scored53%in cbse board exam2015 can I take admission in any uptu college by giveing uptu exam 2016 and I belong to general caste
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?