2nd July 2015, 01:18 PM
Unregistered

Can I get job in any reputed company if pursuing 12th from NIOS Board? Possibility to study B.Tech(Civil Engineering)?

Hello Sir,
Actually this year I will complete my 12th from NIOS Board with PCMB. If I secure good marks then can I go for B.Tech in Civil Engineering from any state in India? If I can, then in future can get job in reputed companies or they will reject me because I am NIOS student?

3rd July 2015, 10:05 AM
zzaza
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I get job in any reputed company if pursuing 12th from NIOS Board? Possibility to study B.Tech(Civil Engineering)?

Yes ofcause you can go for b.tech course as if you have subject combination of Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics & Biology. You have choice to choose any field from Engineering & Medical. After completion of 12th standard you need to give JEE Mains exam for getting seat in engineering colleges. As if your score is good then obviously you will get admission in reputed college unless not.

Also NIOS is also a well known reputed board in India. Its value is almost equivalent to CBSE or other state boards. So, don't worry about board you will never face any problem with this board. Thus work hard for JEE and start preparing for this entrance exam.
3rd July 2015, 11:40 AM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get job in any reputed company if pursuing 12th from NIOS Board? Possibility to study B.Tech(Civil Engineering)?

Yes, you are eligible to get the admission in the B.tech Civil Engineering stream after pursuing the 10+2 from the NIOS board.

NIOS stands for the National Institute of Open Schooling and it is considered as the recognised board. So aspirants pursuing from the board are eligible to get the admission in any colleges in the different states of India.

You are also eligible to appear in the JEE examination conducted by the CBSE also to get the admission in the different government as well as private colleges to pursue.

But only you need to qualify in the entrance examination. After the B.tech you are eligible to get the job in the good firms with handsome pay and perks.
3rd July 2015, 12:45 PM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

It you score good marks in your 12th class even from the NIOS board then definitely you will get admission in any good college of India.

So my suggestion to you is that you should prepare for your 12th exams with full of your dedications and try to score as mush as you can.

After your 12th class you simply have to appear in the JEE entrance exam for getting admission in any good reputed college.

Try to score a considerably good rank in you JEE main exam.

Then after you have to attend the counselling.

After that you will got a good college on the basis of your rank in the JEE main exam.

After completing your career in the Civil engineering you have so many job opportunities which may be given as :

** SOMA Road Constution

** Hindustan Motors Limited

** Sky Line Builders

** Toyo Engineering

** GMR Group

** HCC

** Shobha Developer

** Shree Cement Ltd.

** DLF
3rd July 2015, 03:13 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can go for B.Tech in Civil Engineering from any state in India after completing 12th from NIOS. NIOS is a well recognised board in India.
NIOS is recognised by Ministry of Education in India. All the engineering college will recognise the NIOS mark sheet and passing certificate.

Ye, you can get job in any reputed company after the graduation, no company will reject you because of NIOS. Company will select you on the basis of your marks in graduation and performance in the Interview.
3rd July 2015, 07:24 PM
chintu helper
Senior Member++

Thumbs up Re: Can I get job in any reputed company if pursuing 12th from NIOS Board? Possibility to study B.Tech(Civil Engineering)?

Yes you are eligible for B.tech but first you need to appear in entrance test named Joint Entrance Exam because admissions are provided on the basis of marks you got in JEE mains exam because NIOS board is recognized board by government of India

When we talk about private company they check the abilities of the person it doesn't matters a lot that you are passed from NIOS board but actually it matters a bit because they also check your partition in other activities
4th July 2015, 05:50 PM
pointer01

Yes absolutely dear, you can get the job. You can take admission in B.Tech also. But, firstly you have to qualify the entrance exams conducted for B.Tech like-JEE main,AIEE,UPSEE etc. After passing the entrance exam you can choose the college for doing B.Tech.For doing B.Tech in class 12th your main subjects were- Physics, chemistry and Maths.

NIOS is a well recognized board you can take admission in field through it. So, Don't worry and concentrate on your studies.
GOOD LUCK.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?