23rd April 2016, 10:42 PM
Unregistered

Can an IGNOU student apply for PGT in a government school?

I have done b.sc. and m.sc. from ignou.and b.ed. by correspondence.am I eligible for the post of a pgt in government school after clearing net pgt exam? Who can provide me the right details on the same? Awaiting for the response on this.

24th April 2016, 01:51 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can an IGNOU student apply for PGT in a government school?

Yes, a student passing from IGNOU can very much apply for PGT in government school, but for that he/she will have to have a PG degree with a minimum of 55% in aggregate and should have a B.Ed degree along with it. After that the candidate will also have to appear for TET examination and once after clearing the examination, you will be very much eligible to apply for the above mentioned post.
24th April 2016, 01:57 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Yes, definitely an IGNOU student can apply for PGT in a Government School, as he/she is very much eligible for it.
Let me clear your confusion. The Open Schooling was established in the year 1989 as an autonomous organisation by the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India. So, there should be no problem regarding any higher studies.
24th April 2016, 05:35 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Yes, if you can clear NET PGT then surely you will be eligible for post of PGT in government schools but you have to be in merit list which is possible only when you have an excellent score.

IGNOU is a recognized distance mode university and any degree from it is valid for government jobs. Just make sure you fulfill other criteria.
25th April 2016, 01:01 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear for PGT after pursuing from IGNOU. For recruitment as PGT you have to qualify in TET examination.

The eligibility to appear for entrance examination is :-

Candidate must have passed master's degree from any recognised university.

Candidates must have B.Ed from any recognised university.

So, you can appear for entrance examination and after qualifying in examination become eligible for final recruitment as PGT in government school.
17th September 2016, 10:35 PM
Unregistered

I have done B.com from DU regular and M.com from ignou.and b.ed. by correspondence.Am I eligible for the post of a pgt commerce in government school after clearing net pgt exam? Who can provide me the right details on the same? Awaiting for the response on this.
4th February 2017, 11:33 AM
Unregistered

Respected sir, I have done m.com from I.G.N.O.U with 64.42% and done b.ed by correspondence . Am i eligible for kvs pgt ? If yes then witch subject can i apply in k.v.s pgt. Plz sir tell me about this query.
15th March 2017, 11:51 PM
Unregistered

I have done BBM and then MBA in finance and I am pursuing B.ed in economics. Can I apply for government PGT-Comm Teacher or am i eligibleto proceed my career in CBSE school as PGT-COMM teacher?
18th May 2017, 11:27 AM
Unregistered

Can a student who have cleared D.EI.ED from IGNOU is eligible for applying as a government primary teacher of state government schools ?
please explain about it...
24th May 2017, 04:10 PM
Unregistered

I'm planning to do ignou bed.am l eligible for applying kV or any other government jobs?
4th June 2017, 01:47 AM
Unregistered

I am doing my b.ed as regular course and mcom from ignou in the same session 2015_2017, is both the degree valid.. Means doing one regular course and one distance course at same time is valid
15th June 2017, 09:28 AM
Unregistered

I have done BSc biotechnology and pursuing BEd but my methods are life science and physical science.I want to pursue MA in English from ignou. Can I then apply for PGT English teacher in government schools?
3rd July 2017, 04:57 PM
Unregistered

My question is that if I do post graduation from Delhi university(Sol) 2017-19 and in the same year I do b.ed from Delhi university(regular) . Will I be eligible for PGT exam in 2019?
29th August 2017, 03:20 PM
Unregistered

I am b.ed ctet qualified. 2nd year ma going to fill up.form in September. Can i eligible in pgt i mean appearing candidate can apply pgt form
31st August 2017, 11:31 PM
cataleya11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am b.ed ctet qualified. 2nd year ma going to fill up.form in September. Can i eligible in pgt i mean appearing candidate can apply pgt form
You are perfectly qualified to apply for the PGT in a government school. The necessary conditions to apply for PGT are

Aspirants need to have a valid PG degree in any stream. No minimum marks is required. Final year students can also apply.

Aspirants should also hold a B.Ed degree with a minimum of 50% marks.

No age bar for the aspirants.

Candidates from both open and regular universities which is recognized by UGC Act, Govt of India are eligible to apply. IGNOu students can also apply for the exam if they satisfy all other criteria.
19th January 2018, 06:20 PM
Unregistered

I have done MBA English from IGNOU and B. Ed distance mode from Jamia milia university but one year was 2006 was clashing. Am I eligible to apply for pgt post
15th October 2018, 04:34 PM
Unregistered

I have done B. Ed (regular) and I'm pursuing M. Com (correspondence) from ignou also preparing for CTET. Am I called as PGT after completing my M. Com (correspondence)?
27th December 2018, 01:24 PM
Unregistered

I have done B.A in English and M.A in Mass communication. I am 29 years old. I am planning to do b.ed next year and also planning to do a Masters in English. Can I appear for pgt exam for Kendriya Vidyalaya? Please remember, I haven't done my masters in English yet.
18th January 2019, 08:53 AM
Unregistered

I have done BBA, MBA and B.ed in commerce. I am 34 years old. Can I apply for PGT commerce in kvs??
23rd January 2019, 03:47 PM
Unregistered

I have done bba from bit mesra,lalpur extension. And also wants to pursue mba Or m.com from distance education. After this, can i eligible for pgt commerce in any govt. School.?
23rd February 2019, 09:03 AM
Unregistered

I have completed my mca in 2008 from ignou Univ. Now from last one year I am working as computer teacher in private school. My age is 38 years. What I have to do for government comp
uter teacher job.
29th July 2019, 02:05 PM
Unregistered

Is the student having a regular b.ed course and distance m.sc course applicable to pgt in kvs?
28th August 2019, 02:12 AM
Unregistered

I have done B.Tech(IT) and also done B.Ed. can i apply for TGT Math teaching in govt. Schools?
15th September 2019, 12:45 AM
Unregistered

I have done bsc chem from du (regular ). Msc chem (ignou ) , b.ed (regular ) ... Am I eligible for becoming teacher of chem in kv's
22nd September 2019, 08:08 PM
Unregistered

Is MA English private eligible for pgt exam
25th September 2019, 01:34 PM
trekhraj
Junior Member+

Yes ,as IGNOU student ,you can apply for PGT in a government school by following conditions are as:-

1. You must have master degree from recognized university.

2. You must have B.Ed from recognized university.
9th October 2019, 05:01 PM
Unregistered

I have done B.tech in biotech and then pursued with B.Ed in life sciences and physical sciences...after giving English as electric subject exam for B.Ed and after completing MA English from IGNOU .will I be eligible for pgt English htet or ctet?
12th October 2019, 12:15 PM
Unregistered

M.COM IN 1993 as a private candidate from osmania university and B.Ed CORRESPONDANCE IN 1994 FROM CCSU, MEERUT IS ELEGIBLE FOR PGT COMMERCE IN DELHI GOVT.SCHOOLS -?
9th November 2019, 04:04 PM
Unregistered

For ignou student is the salary will be same as du students?
15th November 2019, 10:15 AM
EduXpert

IGNOU is a recognised university and it is surely valid for any government school teaching job provided you fulfill all other eligibility criteria too. You need to have B.Ed along with TET/CTET scores to apply for such jobs.

Selection for the job will be based on your TET score and interview conducted by the concerned school. Just make sure you are well prepared for it.
4th November 2020, 12:16 AM
Unregistered

I'm pursuing post graduate diploma in counseling n family therapy from IGNOU or completed my master in psychology...can I eligible for dsssb (evgc) post?
10th April 2023, 07:14 PM
Unregistered

I have done b.sc in botany regular then i want to do m.a in political science and going to do b.ed in regular. Can i become pgt teacher.
31st May 2023, 05:32 PM
eduking

You need to have a B.Ed qualification to become a TGT and PGT. IGNOU is a recognized open University and you can surely apply for B.Ed admission with the help of graduation from IGNOU. Just need to make sure you have got 50% marks in the degree.

For selection as PGT and TGT, you need to clear the entrance exam conducted by the concerned authority. Graduation plus B.Ed with TET or CTET score is needed to become a government teacher.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?