21st September 2018, 05:13 PM
Unregistered

Commerce or Science, which is to study in 11th standard to become an IAS Officer?

Hello, I want to become an IAS Officer. I am studying in 9th standard of CBSE Board. My sister is taking Commerce in 11th. But I have heard that I have to take Science for this. I don’t understand why? So, I want to know which I study Commerce or Science?

22nd September 2018, 09:28 PM
ranu shahi

Default Re: Commerce or Science, which is to study in 11th standard to become an IAS Officer?

It is not compulsory to pursue intermediate from Science stream to appear in UPSC entrance examination.
You can pursue intermediate from any of the stream. It should be either Science or Commerce.

Eligibility criteria for UPSC entrance tests are mentioned below:-
Aspirants must holds a graduation degree from a recognized university in any discipline.
Aspirants must have scored a minimum of 50% aggregate in graduation.
Aspirants age should be in between 21 years to 30 years.
For OBC it is 21 years to 32 years.
For SC/ST it is 21 years to 35 years.
22nd September 2018, 10:21 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Commerce or Science, which is to study in 11th standard to become an IAS Officer?

In order to become an IAS officer, a candidate can choose the stream as per his or her choice in 11th and 12th standard because in order to appear in UPSC examination no particular stream is required.
Only thing that is required the candidate must have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognised University.
22nd September 2018, 11:56 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

I.A.S is Indian Administrative Service. To be an I.A.S officer you have to appear and qualify in Civil Service Examination.

Civil Service Examination is conducted by UPSC. The examination is conducted in three stages.

There is no limitation on discipline of bachelor degree to appear in the examination.

So, you can select any stream in the 12th and bachelor degree. For more information visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
23rd September 2018, 12:14 AM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services. To become an IAS Officer you have to apply Civil Services examination.

Civil Services examination is conducted by UPSC every year. There are three stages of this examination: Prelims, Mains and Interview.

The eligibility criteria is candidate must have passed Bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Final year candidate are also eligible. Candidate age must be 21 to 32 years. Relaxation are available for reserved category.

So, you can choose any stream to become an IAS Officer. For more information, you can visit their official website www.upsc.gov.in.
23rd September 2018, 12:41 AM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Civil Service Examination is conducted by UPSC. The examination is conducted for recruitment in I.A.S, I.P.S, I.F.S etc.

The eligibility to appear in the examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

There is limitation on bachelor degree qualification.

The age limit is 21-32 years with relaxation for reserved category.

Examination is conducted in three stages and you have to appear and qualify in three stages for final selection.

So, candidates can select any stream in 12th, bachelor degree to appear in the examination.
23rd September 2018, 12:03 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

IAS refers to Indian Administrative Service and to become an IAS officer, you need to qualify the Civil Services examination held by UPSC once every year.

The minimum education required for appearing in the Civil Services examination to become an IAS officer is a bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

So, being a student of Class 9th, you do not have to be worried about the selection of stream for your further studies as the stream of academics does not matters in case of eligibility for the Civil Services examination.

For more details regarding the Civil Services examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
24th September 2018, 07:54 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

The acronym IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services.

To become IAS officer, you need to clear all stages of Civil Services exam. The eligibility criteria for exam is bachelor's degree in any stream.

Stream does not matter for this exam. You can select any stream as per interest.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?