3rd August 2016, 07:17 PM
Unregistered

Is Commerce with Computer Science in 11th Class a best course to become an IAS Officer?

Hi Sir, I have passed 10th Class with 95% marks. My Main Aim is to become an IAS officer. I took Commerce with Computer Science in 11th Class. Is this course a suitable course to become an IAS Officer? Please clarify my doubt.

3rd August 2016, 09:31 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is Commerce with Computer Science in 11th Class a best course to become an IAS Officer?

You have to prepare according to the IAS officers exam syllabus and there is no specific stream which favours its preparation. Although arts syllabus is considered most close to IAS exam. Hence, you can opt for it if you want to study.
In the end you class 12th and degree will be just part of eligibility criteria for IAS exam. Just look at the syllabus of civil services exam and start preparing for it on your own.
3rd August 2016, 11:48 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is Commerce with Computer Science in 11th Class a best course to become an IAS Officer?

To become IAS officer a candidate must have done graduation in any discipline with at least 55% marks from recognised University. As you are saying that you have opt for Commerce stream and computer science as additional subject hence it is very good option for you. You can go for B.Com or can go for BSC in Computer Science and after completion of your graduation you can appear in civil services to become IAS officer.

Selection Procedure:

Preliminary Exam
Main exam
Personnel Interview
3rd August 2016, 11:59 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi Sir, I have passed 10th Class with 95% marks. My Main Aim is to become an IAS officer. I took Commerce with Computer Science in 11th Class. Is this course a suitable course to become an IAS Officer? Please clarify my doubt.
After completion of 12th standard in Commerce, you can do B.Com course to become an IAS officer.

Those candidates who have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university are eligible for IAS exam.

Age Criteria:

For General: 21 to 32 years
For OBC: 21 to 35 years
For SC/ST: 21 to 37 years

No. of Attempts:

For General: 5
For OBC: 9
For SC/ST: No Restriction
4th August 2016, 01:08 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Candidates passed degree in any discipline from a recognised university are eligible to appear for Civil Services examination.

So, after 10+2 or degree in any discipline you are eligible to appear for examination. The age limit to appear for examination is 21-32 years with relaxation in age fro reserved category.

So, from now you must focus on the preparation of examination as it require hard and smart work to qualify in examination. The candidates have to appear in Preliminary, Mains and Interview stages so you should prepare for examination as according to syllabus of examination.

There is also an optional paper in Mains examination so you need to have better knowledge in that to qualify in it as it plays a major role in examination. For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
4th August 2016, 03:17 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

There is no such course suitable to become an IAS officer in future. You can very much complete your graduation in any stream from a recognized University.

You can apply for IAS examination after your graduation, your age should not be below 21 years and should not be above 32 years for General candidate, 21-35 for OBC candidates and 21-37 years for SC/ST candidates.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?