19th February 2011, 05:07 PM

How to become an IAS officer for 11th standard student with science stream?

i am studing in eleventh with science subject.i want to be an ias officer.can i give its enterance exam. and how?

19th February 2011, 06:51 PM
vikas9862638964

Default Re: How to become an IAS officer for 11th standard student with science stream?

if u want ias first u must be complete ur graduate with ur favirout subject so u can take these subject as ur main optional subject.also remember that ias is the best exam of india so u have to be work hard for this exam.
19th February 2011, 10:37 PM
disha marwaha
Junior Member+

Default Re: How to become an IAS officer for 11th standard student with science stream?

you cannot give your exam in 11 or 12.because the minimum qualifications required for IAS is an undergrduate
19th February 2011, 11:16 PM
ankurloonia

first complete ur graduation in any course as u like, also along with ur graduation start preparing for civil services examination... keep ur general knowledge and writing skills strong
19th February 2011, 11:39 PM
Amed2010

You choose a subject you like most which may be math,physics or chemistry.
Or any other subject you love.
Take one of them as your honours subject. And can take the 2nd subject as your elective subject.
Read them from the depth.
You can join coaching centers for this purpose.
19th February 2011, 11:42 PM
rohitkumarramesh
Senior Member++++

Hi

Its good to see that you want to be an IAS officer. But your are not eligible for the IAS exam now. You have to complete your graduation first. As the minimum education qualification required for the IAS exam is graduation. So you have to be graduate first to appear for the IAS exam.

The detailed eligibility criteria for the IAS exam is given below:

Education Qualification
1.Candidates having a bachelor degree in any one of the following subjects
Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics,
Physics, Statistics and Zoological eligible to apply for the IAS exam.

2.Candidates having bachelor degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Engineering are also eligible to apply for the IAS exam.

AGE LIMIT
The candidate applying for the IAS exam should have age between 21 to 30 years.
Candidates from SC/ST category will get relaxation of 5years.
Candidates from OBC category will get relaxation of 3 years.

Attempts
Candidates from general category will get 4 attempts.
Candidates from OBC category will get 7 attempts.
Candidates from SC/ST category will apply for any number of times.

As the exam is conducted by the UPSC so for more information related to the IAS exam you can visit the UPSC web site which is
www.upsc.gov.in

GOOD LUCK
20th February 2011, 12:45 AM
mayankmadhur1403

You are now in class 11th and minimum criteria for appearing in IAS exam is that you should have atleast graduation degree for which you will have to wait for 4 years more, as you are in 11 standard now. your age should be in between 21-30 years minimum if you are general.
for more info u can visit www.upsc.gov.in/
20th February 2011, 12:45 AM
mathur

One must be graduate to became eligible for giving exam of IAS. So you can apply for that after completing your graduation part.
Keep your general knowledge strong. Be updated with the current affairs.
20th February 2011, 01:33 AM
nitingoplani88

IAS is more easy from Arts subject (general thinking) and you have to up to date daily news, and start preparing from now ....you can prefer correspondence course from coaching centers
20th February 2011, 10:23 AM
yashwar sharma S.G.
Senior Member++

Sure, buddy, you can give it for it, no matter what, you can always go for this big exam.

Well first of all you have to complete your graduate and age should be in the range 21-30 years at the time of your exam and there is ample time for you.

Start reading newspapers,Magazines like CSR refresher,Frontline,india today etc which will be helpful to you in the long run!!

All the best wishes for you!!
20th February 2011, 10:39 AM
vikas9862638964

for becoming an ias u first have a gradution degree so first u complete ur 12th after that take admission in graduation with your faviroute subjects so u can easily handel optional subject in ias.alsoremember that ias is not a easy exam.
20th February 2011, 10:44 AM
sanjay kumar saini
Senior Member+

Hi,
you can apply for IAS exam after graduation.in 11th standard you cant apply for IAS first complete your graduation and then apply for IAS exam.
Age limit for IAS exam is 21-30 year.
20th February 2011, 02:26 PM
foreturner
Senior Member+

IAS exam better known as UPSC civil services exam is conducted by the
Public service commission of India to commission top ranking official
like IAS IPS IFS IRS Allied services.
The minimum eligibility for CSE is a Graduation degree
from a recognized university including those who are in final year
of their graduation are eligible to apply on provisional basis
provided they present proof of passing before mains examination.
Presently you are not eligible to apply as you are in 11th only
so you should wait for now until graduation and strengthen your
base for IAS... improve your language skill writing skill, current affairs
etc
Suggested Readings
Chronicle
CSR
Yojna
newspapers-
Hindu
TOI
20th February 2011, 03:40 PM
drkpp
Senior Member+

Preparation for IAS exam takes long. Hence it is very good of you to start thinking of becoming IAS at such an early age. It is an exam not just of intelligence but of a person as a whole. You need a strong will power, assertive personality and tremendous inner drive to be successful in the exam.
You have to make a strategy to study for this exam.
Let us see what are the steps involved in the exam so that I can give you a step by step strategy.
Step one is Preliminary exam:
It onsists of one paper of General Studies.
This includes General Knowledge, Indian Political Thought, Current Affairs.
You need to read daily news paper for this. You can form a group of like minded students who are IAS aspirants just like you. You can take a topic from current news paper and discuss it among yourselves. It help you to think logically and increase your ability to come to a balanced judgment.
You can start reading publications like Pratiyogita Darpan which provide a concise view of the current political scenario in India. Reading even one article a day will help you in long run as you will develop your own individual views and opinions about each issue.
The other paper is of CSAT [Civil Services Aptitude Test].
It involves data analysis and interpretation, arithmetical ability, graphical interpretation and interpersonal skills. They are of Standard 10th level and since you are already a science stream student, it should not be a problem for you.
Once you qualify in the preliminary exam, you will appear for Main Exam.
In the main exam, first two papers are language papers.
Out of which, one paper of English is compulsory.
The other language can be chosen from any of the official languages of India.
But usually one chooses tone's own mother tongue as it is relatively easy to understand.
The knowledge expected is of BA [Hon.] degree level.
Here the students of arts side are benefited.
The third paper is an essay paper.
Candidate is given a topic and he/she has to write an essay on that topic.
The candidate is supposed to give back ground information on that topic, its causative factors, its present status, detailed information on how to solve it and prevent its recurrence in the future including definitive solutions. The topic is related to India but could be anything. Here again taking part in debates, essay writing competitions, discussion forums will help you a lot.
The fourth paper is of General Studies.
Since you have already cleared Preliminary exam by this time, you need to only revise your syllabus once for this paper.
The next two papers are optional subjects:
You can choose any two subjects from your graduation including any two from Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Zoology, Botany, Engineering and Medical Science as well as Management subjects among others. These papers are to judge the in depth and detailed knowledge of candidate in the subject of his/her choice.
If you clear this exam, you will be called for interview.
In interview, the only thing that is really tested is your confidence and determination.
The panel of interviewers includes a Psycho-Analyst who quietly makes opinion about your overall personality by watching your politeness, the way you enter into the room, the way you sit, talk and express opinions, your attitude about current problems and how determined are you mentally to solve them.
Guidance for interview is in itself a topic for discussion.
Come back to the forum when you clear the exam and I am sure, you will be guided further for your interview.
20th February 2011, 07:37 PM
linear

Dear friend;

The minimum educational qualification for becoming

an IAS officer is graduation. So first you complete

your graduation.
28th February 2011, 09:45 PM
Unregistered

Is it neccessary to take hummanities arts in 11th?
5th March 2011, 10:23 AM

Eligibility Criteria For IAS

(i) Age limits :

21-30 years as on 1.7.2011. (Upper age limit relaxable for SCs/STs, OBCs and certain other categories as specified in Para 3(ii) of Notice).

(ii) Educational Qualifications :

Bachelor’s degree of a recognised university with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physcs, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Enginerring or an equivalent qualification (Para 3(iii) of Notice).

(iii) No. of permissible attempts :

Four (Seven attemps of OBCs and no limit for SCs/STs (Para 3 (iv) of Notice)

(iv) Fee :

Rs. 100/- (Rupees one hundred only)
(No fee for SCs/STs/Physically disabled only)
30th March 2011, 03:24 PM
Unregistered

actually, i have passed class 10 and my all subject's are equally good .so please tell me what i can do? i don't know which stream i choose to became an IAS officer?
31st March 2011, 11:40 PM
surendergora
Senior Member++++

First complete your graduation, then you will be eligible for civil service exam.
You can do graduation in any field.
10th April 2011, 06:14 PM
Unregistered

HOW TO BECOME AN IAS OFFICER FOR 11TH STANDARD STUDENT WITH COMMERCE STREAM??PLEASE HELP ME!
10th April 2011, 06:40 PM
Unregistered

How to take time for complete IAS study?
15th April 2011, 10:04 PM
strange_rahul
Senior Member+

It is good you want to being IAS....But dear firstly you have need to be complete your graduation and then you apply for IAS examination....
17th April 2011, 10:48 AM
Unregistered

i am a student of arts stream and appeard my 12th exam. my subjects were english, alternative english, home science, logic and philosophy, education, economics. is it possible to apply for ias exam?
5th May 2011, 04:56 PM
Unregistered

i am science student in 11 from icse, what subjects should i opt for ias
5th May 2011, 06:22 PM
Unregistered

what about our personality...........????
13th May 2011, 12:49 AM
Unregistered

can bsc,msc pass candidates applay i.p.s exam.
24th May 2011, 11:20 PM
Unregistered

I WANTS TO BE AN IAS OFFICER AND MY FAVOURITE SUBJECT IS SOCIAL SCIENCES !!!!!
SO CAN I CONTINUE WITH SCIENCE STREAM ?????
CURRENTLY I M IN 11TH??????/
27th May 2011, 03:27 PM
Unregistered

i want to earn atleast 50,000 rupees per month now what should i do?
3rd June 2011, 04:27 PM
MonuRai

Dear,

The qualifications for the IAS exam is as follows:-

--> The minimum educational qualification required is to be a graduate.

--> Age limitation is between 21-30 years with 5 years relaxation for the SC/ST and 3 years for the OBC category.

--> You need to first clear the CSAT before appearing for the mains examination.

--> General category get 4 , while SC/St get unlimited and OBC get 7 attempts to clear the exam.

For more details , you can refer :-

http://www.upsc.gov.in/.

Thanks.
16th June 2011, 06:20 PM
Unregistered

which subjects do I choose for becoming an ias? I am currently in 9th class and want suggestion for 11th class.
6th July 2011, 03:12 PM
umathkavi

No, friend now you are in 11th class you are not eligible now.
You can apply only after completing your graduation.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:

To apply for IAS your age should be 21-30 years for general category.
For OBC it should be 33 years maximum.
For ST/SC it should be 35 years maximum.

You should be a graduate in any disciple.

For more information please visit www.upsc.gov.in
6th July 2011, 03:17 PM
umathkavi

No, friend now you are in 11th class you are not eligible now.
You can apply only after completing your graduation.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:

To apply for IAS your age should be 21-30 years for general category.
For OBC it should be 33 years maximum.
For ST/SC it should be 35 years maximum.

You should be a graduate in any disciple.

For more information please visit www.upsc.gov.in
13th July 2011, 07:24 PM
Unregistered

dear sir please advise me that my younger brother How to become an IAS officer for 11th standard student with arts stream ? i know after gradute any student apply for this competition.geography is best for this please reply me.
28th July 2011, 02:28 PM
Unregistered

which courses is useful to ias exam
29th July 2011, 11:32 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
i am studing in eleventh with science subject.i want to be an ias officer.can i give its enterance exam. and how?
dear friends,

for IAS entrance exam , you must be completed your graduation also your age should be in between 21 t0 30.

IAS exam wil be conducted by UPSC. so the exam procedure is too tough. so after 10 th you can do the focused on IAS exam.

after 10th you should go 10+2 with science department.it will give you lots of help.

all the best.
22nd August 2011, 04:21 PM
Sachinpatilalone

Hi friend,
In this competitive world its good that u hve started to think of IAS in 11 th standard itself but u hve to go still a long way becoz to attempt IAS exam u need atleast one degree. So if u hve releaved arts as your stream in 11th its good becoz it gives the ground information for IAS completely. Otherwise if u hve releaved science its also good. Take a degree by doing B.sci or B.A. Or by doing engineering. After u hve got ur degree attempt the IAS exam. If u r general cast u wil hve 4 chances and thr r two subjects minimum to write IAs exam one s general studies which s compulsary for all students and another one s optional so take ur favorite subject as optional and write the exam which s of 300 marks and the duration s 2 15 minutes If u choose public administration as ur optional its good it wil help u to become deputy commisioner in any of your districts . So first study wel in 12th standard score good marks and carry on as told before. K good luck
28th August 2011, 01:49 PM
Unregistered

tp become I.S officer arts is better or sci?
30th August 2011, 08:27 PM
tanmayeetripathy

Dear friend,

ias exam is one of the prestigious exam even more than iit-jee exam as it will take you to the apex of any administrative ladder in india…..so you need to be well focused, determined and hardworking to crack this exam..

Eligibility criteria involves certain things as mentioned below:

1. Educational qualification:

• must be a graduate from a recognised university.

• candidates having professional and technical qulification are also eligible.

• the minimum eligibility criteria regarding the civil service exam is that the candidate should be a graduate in any discipline. The candidate should attain at least a 55% of marks in the qualifying examination.

• there is a minimum age limit for the candidate to attend the exam which is subject to reservations in case of sc/st/obc etc. There is no limitation on the number of attempts in case of ias exam for sc/st candidates.

• the candidates in the general category can attempt 4 times the exam.

2. Nationality:

• the candidate must be a citzen of india.

3. Age limits:

• candidate must attain the age of 21 years and must not attained the age of 30 years on the year in which the examination is being held.

• relaxtation of age limit in case of sc/st and other backward categories.

I thing you might have got basic idea regarding the exam.. Have a good day.
31st August 2011, 12:14 AM
cool.cristae

Hi dear,

Its good to see that you want to be an IAS officer. But your are not eligible for the IAS exam now. You have to complete your graduation first. As the minimum education qualification required for the IAS exam is graduation. So you have to be graduate first to appear for the IAS exam.

The detailed eligibility criteria for the IAS exam is given below:

Education Qualification
1.Candidates having a bachelor degree in any one of the following subjects
Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics,
Physics, Statistics and Zoological eligible to apply for the IAS exam.

2.Candidates having bachelor degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Engineering are also eligible to apply for the IAS exam.

AGE LIMIT
The candidate applying for the IAS exam should have age between 21 to 30 years.
Candidates from SC/ST category will get relaxation of 5years.
Candidates from OBC category will get relaxation of 3 years.

Attempts
Candidates from general category will get 4 attempts.
Candidates from OBC category will get 7 attempts.
Candidates from SC/ST category will apply for any number of times.

As the exam is conducted by the UPSC so for more information related to the IAS exam you can visit the UPSC web site which is
www.upsc.gov.in

Thanks
31st August 2011, 01:43 AM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
As you want to become an IAS officer, then you have to first complete the graduation any trade..
After completion of your graduation you have to appear in IAS exam, which is conducted by UPSC every year..
Eligibility for IAS exam:-

*The candidate must have complete the graduation in any trade, from a recognized university..
*The candidate should not have any due backlogs during graduation.
*The candidates age should be in between 21-30 years..
For SC/ST the age relaxation is 5 years and for OBC the age relaxation is 3 years...
*The candidate should be a citizen of India..

After fulfilling all these criteria the candidate can appear in IAS exam..

So, try to complete your graduation first. Then think about IAS exam..
All the best..
31st August 2011, 02:16 PM
NEIL6

You are not eligible for IAS exam because you are not eligible for it. The minimum

qualification is graduation but you are still studying in 11th. First complete your graduation

and then you can apply for this exam.
31st August 2011, 02:26 PM
NEIL6

You are not eligible for IAS exam because you are not eligible for it. The minimum

qualification is graduation but you are still studying in 11th. First complete your graduation

and then you can apply for this exam.
1st September 2011, 08:46 AM
lovebirdskarun
Senior Member+

You can write the civil service examination for being a ias officer.
To write that examination
1. You must be an Indian citizen
2. You should be atleast 21 years old
3. You should have a degree from recognised university

The age limit

General 21-30years
Obc 21-33 years
SC/ST 21-35 years

Number of attempts

General – 4
OBC -7
SC/ST – no limit
27th September 2011, 01:12 AM
Unregistered

an IAS officer with which stream is better 'maths' or 'economics'
29th April 2012, 12:31 AM
mithu ashi
Member+

After 11Th standard you can not apply for civil service exam.
For civil service exam the minimum eligibility criteria is graduation.
So, first you have to complete your graduation from any discipline.
Then you are eligible for I.A.S.

Eligibility For The Exam:-

--Candidates who have completed their graduation from any stream are eligible to appear for the entrance test.
--Those who have completed any professional course/technical course can also apply.
--Only passing mark is required.
--Those who are appearing or the final year of the qualifying examination can also attend the test.
--Only citizens of India can appear for I.A.S.
--Those who have migrated from other countries with an intention to become a permanent citizen of India can also apply.
--The age limit is between 21 years to 30 years.
--But for SC/ST , O.B.C category reservation is there.
--For O.B.C Age limit - 21-33 years, SC/ST- 21-35 years.
--Number of permissible attempts for general category is four, O.B.C. is seven, Unlimited for SC/ST candidates.
22nd May 2012, 04:15 PM
onest

You choose a subject you like most which may be math,physics or chemistry.
Or any other subject you love.
Take one of them as your honours subject. And can take the 2nd subject as your elective subject.
Read them from the depth.
You can join coaching centers for this purpose.
5th July 2012, 08:46 PM
Unregistered

I love biology subject but i want to become ias how did im going to do it
13th March 2013, 09:57 PM
Unregistered

we came to know that only peoples who have very high level of studies(like IITians) will clear IAS exams? Is it so...
31st October 2013, 01:37 PM
Unregistered

what is better for becoming ias Science or Art?
20th May 2014, 03:22 PM
E.KRITHIKA GOUD

Red face Re: How to become an IAS officer for 11th standard student with science stream?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitingoplani88 View Post
ias is more easy from arts subject (general thinking) and you have to up to date daily news, and start preparing from now ....you can prefer correspondence course from coaching centers
i think it is not easy to become a ias ; and thanks for your kind information
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?