13th February 2019, 01:23 AM
Unregistered

Commerce or Science, which is to study in HS to become an IAS Officer?

Hello Sir/Madam, I want to become an IAS Officer. I am studying in 10th standard of PSEB Board. My brother has taken Commerce in 11th standard. But I have heard that I have to take Science for this. I don’t understand why? So, I want to know which I study Commerce or Science?

18th February 2019, 09:10 PM
ppsahu
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Commerce or Science, which is to study in HS to become an IAS Officer?

In order to become an IAS Officer, candidates have to appear in the Civil Services Examination (CSE) conducted by UPSC. Candidates who have a bachelor's degree in any discipline from any recognized university are eligible to attend UPSC CSE. Hence you can study 11th standard through any subject either Commerce or Science or Arts.

Last edited by ppsahu; 20th February 2019 at 07:03 AM. Reason: Remove *
19th February 2019, 10:03 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Commerce or Science, which is to study in HS to become an IAS Officer?

In order to be an IAS in future, you need to complete your 12th standard in any discipline hence you can take admission in 11th standard as per your own interest.
Once you have done this you need to complete your graduation in any discipline then only you will be eligible to appear in civil services.
6th May 2020, 07:19 AM
Smart worker n
Member+

If you want to become an ips officer, you have a graduate degree from any recognized university. After that you can eligible for civil service exam conducted by the upsc. It conduct the exam in three stages:
**Preliminary exam
**mains exam
**interview
One more important thing , you are eligible for mains exam if only you clear the previous one i. e. Preliminary
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?