8th August 2018, 03:31 AM
Unregistered

Science or Humanities, which is better to study to further become an IAS Officer?

Hello Sir, I have completed my 10th and I have secured 91% marks. I am from CBSE Board and little bit confused because I want to become an IAS Officer. So, I want to know that between Science and Humanities, which stream I should choose to achieve my aim?

15th August 2018, 09:56 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Science or Humanities, which is better to study to further become an IAS Officer?

To become an IAS ( Indian Administrative Service ) officer, you are required to have qualify the Civil Services examination held by UPSC once every year.

Further, the minimum education required for appearing in the Civil Services examination, you are required to have completed bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

So, you do not have to worry regarding the selection of stream for your higher secondary school degree or graduation degree course for appearing in the Civil Services examination as student of any stream is allowed for appearing in the Civil Services examination and therefore to become an IAS officer.

So, you can opt for any stream as per your strength and interest as psychologically the same stream will seem easier for you as compared to any other stream.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?