5th July 2020, 02:51 PM
Unregistered

Is it compulsory to study Malayalam in Kerala State Board?

Hi, I wish to transfer my son who is in 8th standard of CBSE, in State Board schools in Kerala. But he has Tamil as 2nd Language now and he has no knowledge of Malayalam. Is Malayalam compulsory in Kerala State Board?

11th July 2020, 04:28 PM
Subhishna

Default Re: Is it compulsory to study Malayalam in Kerala State Board?

No, malayalam is not mandatory for students without the knowledge of malayalam. So instead malayalam you can select any other language available in the school. All the schools in Kerala do not provide this facility even though many do.
11th May 2023, 02:15 PM
Unregistered

After 8th cbse can I admit my child to 9th std kerala state syllabus in kerala with other having to take malayalam.
13th May 2023, 11:37 AM
Abhishek2426

Hello,

Yes, it is compulsory in state board, ICSE and CBSE boards to study Malayalam, very soon it will become mandatory in medical colleges too.

Malayalam has been made compulsory till class 10 in Kerala schools after the state government cleared an executive order. The students who are currently in the 9th and 10th standard are not affected by this, as this applies only to students appearing board from 2021 onwards.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?