26th April 2014, 02:07 PM
Unregistered

Dropping a year for the preparation of JEE Mains and Advance is a good option?

I have not quilified for jee advance and also got less marks in jee mains.I am expecting around 80% marks in cbse 12th board and also have got enough marks in mppet to secure a seat in colleges like svits indore, oriental bhopal,mits gwalior.so what to do?take admission in one of these colleges or take drop and prepare for jeemains and advance 2014and I am willing to do hardwork this year.

6th May 2014, 01:53 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Dropping a year for the preparation of JEE Mains and Advance is a good option?

Drop of one year after the 10+2 in order to score well in the entrance exams in next attempt is quite common trend in modern India. Most of the students are opting for drop since most of the students are aspiring for engineering and medical field.

However, it can be a backfiring decision too. If you do not score well in the next attempt, you will not only risk your future but also will suffer from frustration. There are many who drop and ultimately reach some low level private colleges. The gap of 1 year will also be one of the question put before you during the interview in any recruitment process.

You should drop if:-
- You are confident of good scores in the entrance next time.
- You have the determination to study harder next time.
- You are well dedicated towards your studies.
- You have the believe that you can do well in next attempt.
- You take proper coaching or self study during the drop year.
8th December 2019, 09:42 AM
suchi haria
Junior Member+

Default Re: Dropping a year for the preparation of JEE Mains and Advance is a good option?

It complete depends on you if you are confident that you will score well with the help of gap year than you must take
There are many examples of students who have not scored so well with the help of gap year
So if you are not that confident i would recommend to go with some other options
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?