10th May 2011, 12:31 AM
saikata

Is dropping an year to prepare for IIT JEE a good option? Will it affect placements?

I wont likely qualify in this year's JEE but am willing to drop a year for it.In my view i have always wanted to learn my subjects properly and no doubt iit are best in engg studies in India.I am willing to give in my 100% and enroll myself in Narayana classes(who are supposed to best in Hyderabad).But my present friends tell me that it wont be a wise decision dropping a year and even heard from people that second timers in iits and other top colleges arent considered equally during college placements??

11th May 2011, 03:02 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Is dropping an year to prepare for IIT JEE a good option? Will it affect placements?

Yes you have heard right, second timer are not equal to first timers, not because candidate haven't made it ti IIT in very first attempt but because of the fact that he/she has waisted another one precious year of his/her life.

Today many students have common mind set that nothing is better the IIT, yeah IITs are the best but not only alone they are best apart fron IITs India has other best Institutes also. In craxe of IIT many waist one more precious year of there life, even tough very very few able to made there if luck is with them.

Otherwise the student who is able to crack in second attempt was also able to do so in first attampt, but he missed because of his mistakes.

Generally students think there is no problem in waiting for a year in hope of IITs, but they are unaware of the complications going to be there in furture. In short waisting a year means lost of 1 year earning, lost of 1 years of experiance, lost of getting chances for getting into best company or International placement. Isn't these are enough for not to wait for second chance.

Listen dear if you have appeared for any other entrance like- AIEEE, VITEEE, KIITEE, your state entrance etc. and expecting a better result in that then dont even think of waiting for next year, just go for addmission.

Now decision is yours Best of Lcuk for your Career

Regards
~Faiyaz~
11th May 2011, 04:47 PM
ASHUROCKSTAR

Smile Re: Is dropping an year to prepare for IIT JEE a good option? Will it affect placements?

Friend ,I'm happy that you are ready to face the truth that you'll not be selected in IIT this year.Don't lose your moral because failure is the pillar to success.

If you have a keen interest to get selected in India's most reputed engineering collage like iit you should forget your past and focus on your present,i.e.,
forget the feeling that you haven't worked hard in your class12,instead
drop this year and join any reputed coaching institute.

After joining these classes don't think your work is over but it is a beginning.
Don't forget your goal and cause why you dropped this year.don't be tensed and study as per guidelines of teacher.

IIT is not the only option,if you fail next year also then try for some oher option. Rest all depend upon you.

wellwisher
ashutosh
11th May 2011, 05:43 PM
dhana p

Default Re: Is dropping an year to prepare for IIT JEE a good option? Will it affect placements?

Quote:
Originally Posted by saikata View Post
I wont likely qualify in this year's JEE but am willing to drop a year for it.In my view i have always wanted to learn my subjects properly and no doubt iit are best in engg studies in India.I am willing to give in my 100% and enroll myself in Narayana classes(who are supposed to best in Hyderabad).But my present friends tell me that it wont be a wise decision dropping a year and even heard from people that second timers in iits and other top colleges arent considered equally during college placements??

One thing i need to clarify that iit or engineering in normal institutions is same r different.
If iit students can have practical experience in their education
11th May 2011, 05:56 PM
surendergora
Senior Member++++

Your misconception regarding second timers are not given equal placement oppurtunities is totally false, till date i have never observed any such case,
i wonder who was such a mad fellow to tell you this.

For placement only two factors are considered:
1.Your CGPA
2.Work experience which includes internship, projects.
3.Extra curricular activities.

There is no any other criteria beside these. There are many students who are not able to get clear idea of JEE pattern in first attempt and so they appear for second and even acquire under 1000 ranking.

And it doesnt matter if you complete your graduation one year later, you still have another atleast 30 yrs for earning...!!
But be serious this time and also appear for AIEEE, BITSAT to be on safer side.
11th May 2011, 07:47 PM
kumar77

i am interasted in web desigin how to learn very easy.

What is the difference between functions in c,c++ and java...

how can improve my communication skills.

what is the difference between process and thread.
11th May 2011, 08:11 PM
kumar77

How to answer Job Interview Questions.
11th May 2011, 08:15 PM
kumar77

aftr cmpltng my degree(B.Sc)M.S.CS.., wht 2 do? mba or msc
11th May 2011, 08:22 PM
hemsbindu

it purely depends on ur mindset..... are u are sure that u can crack iit with a very good rank and get a good placement if u waste 1 year? think abt it? if u think u can ........ u can consider the option.... but by any chance if u didnt get a good placement.....or u couldnt crack the paper, then u will be in problem.... u cant get into any regional colleges after wasting one whole year..... so know ur strength,ur passion and various complications and then talk to a well known career councilor and ur parents and then take a decision......
11th May 2011, 08:25 PM
kumar77

How can I locate job openings in psychology?
11th May 2011, 08:26 PM
kumar77

What is the difference between a PsyD and a PhD?
11th May 2011, 08:28 PM
kumar77

which is the best embedded course?
12th May 2011, 01:04 PM
saikata

Thank you all so much for replying to my query so soon!!!.....for the past few days i was feeling a bit guilty for not being able to put in my best efforts but i guess after reading all your posts il be able to take advantage of this guilt and hit JEE next year!!!!....thank you all!!!....and yeah even i was thinking it wont effect my placements rather help build my 11th n 12th concepts stronger that i am going to need in my engg!!!!
13th May 2011, 08:00 PM
ASHUROCKSTAR

Hi saikata ,
this is well wisher ashutosh .I liked your attitude toward my reply. I hope you will clear the exam this year
29th May 2011, 06:26 PM
Unregistered

i got air-9414 in iitjee 2011........will i be able to get any engineering seat in any of the iits or it-bhu or ism-dhanbad?.............i hav scored 185 marks in aieee 2011 n 275 in bitsat 2011.................wat would be the best option for me.....?.......plz rply soon.
30th May 2011, 10:36 AM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

if you are sure that you can do well in next year then obviously drop of one year is the good option for you.

one year drop does not matter if you really do good rank in next year. if you see all the good ranker in IIT JEE you will find out that most of the good ranker have one year gap. so don't worry about it. to take admission in a bad college it's better to take admission in IIT in next year.

but problem is that it is seen that most of the cases students are failure to do good result in next year. so you must be confident that you will do well. for this you have to study regularly and you must be prepared in a good way for IIT JEE. don't think that there is so many times to be prepared for IIT JEE at the beginning. utilize every second to be prepared for the examination. i think you will do well in next year.

all the best.
30th May 2011, 12:31 PM
vikas.r

Dear saikata,

If you have confidence and ability to crack the IIT JEE next year after one year gap, then go ahead to practice from today without wasting time, labour hard and proper determination toward your objective will make success your way. There are many aspirant who have got success in IIT-JEE after one year gap. So, don't think more just labour hard with proper time management from now.

The advice of Ashutosh and JAMESS are really appreciable in this regard.
Forget whatever happen negative in your past life, just think and do work hard for future. The day will come soon when success will be in your hand.

Best of Luck for future career endeavor.

Thanks & Best Regards:
Vikas
30th May 2011, 03:10 PM
Ankur agrawal

Quote:
hii,

If you have confident next time you will do better and get admission in IIT so choose the option of taking drop.

their is nither any effect in the campus placement and other activity ..

good luck..
ankur
30th May 2011, 06:17 PM
foreturner
Senior Member+

It is totally dependent on you

if you feel confident that putting an extra year you can clear the IIT-JEE

you should go for it,

If you are not fully confident and well determined you should rather

try and get admission this year itself in engineering through aieee etc.

as this would save an important year of your life,
30th May 2011, 09:25 PM
kumarpravir007
Senior Member+++

according to me you should drop a year if you were very close to getting a good rank or had qualified and want to get a more good rank for the preferred branch
and if you were far behind from the qualifying marks then i would recommend you not to drop a year
instead you should take admission through the AIEEE or any other entrance exam

there is no problem as such in dropping an year in the placement heard ever
so in my opinion if you study seriously and hard then only you should drop an year and crack the IITJEE or other equivalent entrance exams

so best of luck for your future
30th May 2011, 09:49 PM
kumarpravir007
Senior Member+++

according to me you should drop a year if you were very close to getting a good rank or had qualified and want to get a more good rank for the preferred branch
and if you were far behind from the qualifying marks then i would recommend you not to drop a year
instead you should take admission through the AIEEE or any other entrance exam

there is no problem as such in dropping an year in the placement heard ever
so in my opinion if you study seriously and hard then only you should drop an year and crack the IITJEE or other equivalent entrance exams

so best of luck for your future
30th May 2011, 10:05 PM
balathegreat
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: Is dropping an year to prepare for IIT JEE a good option? Will it affect placements?

Hi friend,

If you will fail in this year exam for sure you can drop an year. But you

must be sure that you will get top class marks if you attend next year.

While placements are considered they would consider the talents of you at that

time and then your performance in college.
30th May 2011, 11:30 PM
pradeepdeshwal3626

Quote:
friend,

in my point of view if you really wanted to go in IIT them i think you should utilize your one more chance so that you can prove yourself.

good luck
31st May 2011, 12:17 AM
Unregistered

sir I got 235 marks in BITSAT,130 in AIEEE and my viteee rank is in 15000..sir plz tell me which is the best for me..sir give details if there is any management quota to get a desired branch in VIT.I want mechanical,EEE,IT..also plz give details abt placements in both vellore and chennai campus of VIT..
ashish
2nd June 2011, 12:11 PM
Unregistered

I wont advice to take a Break as the thing u cant do now u cant do next time too
8th June 2011, 03:55 PM
Unregistered

sir i have not qualifilied jee this year with my first attempt for it, my aieee rank is 14837 with 186 marks, my viteee rank is 9329, i didnt appear for BITS ,my UPTU rank is 2997 gen & 345 in girls quota, i am confused whether i should drop a year or not for IITJEE. Some are suggesting to get addmission this year in the good college through aieee or UPTU & for the first year concentrate more on jee preparation rather than on colledge, if i am selected next year well & good, otherwise i may continue with my colledge studies.
Sir i am very much confused, plz suggest me something suitable for me.
16th June 2011, 04:41 PM
Unregistered

yes..wat u heard is right.......even i know a person who got selected in jee in d 2nd attempt and in placements he was asked about the reason for dropping an year and was not treated equally wid d 1st attempt students..........
16th June 2011, 04:44 PM
arun010203

yes..wat u heard is right.......even i know a person who got into iit in 2nd attempt and in placements he was asked about the reasons for dropping an year and was not considered equally wid 1st attempt students..............maybe it is not d case wid everyone
21st June 2011, 06:24 PM
rupi

Quote:
Dropping a year without attempting is not a wise decision. You should give a try this year.
24th June 2011, 07:15 PM
Unregistered

all my exams were terrible...im dropping for sure..i dint appear for iit this year! so it might sound like a joke if i say i want iit next year...dint get good marks in aieee or bits either...so no other option. i just have to work damn hard and pray thats it. not interested to compromise and join a shitty regional college..i must give another try..i wont be satisfied otherwise
11th July 2011, 09:28 PM
Unregistered

sir my aieee rank is 30000 and 200mark in iit .shold i drop
27th October 2011, 07:07 PM
srikanthreddypalwai

Quote:
hii friend...dropping a year will not effect much in your placements.....if you have passion for iit then you can take the long term course to crack iit-jee......
30th October 2011, 05:01 PM
kartik41
Senior Member+++

Hello sir,
Today many students have common mind set that nothing is better the IIT, yeah IITs are the best but not only alone they are best apart fron IITs India has other best Institutes also. In craxe of IIT many waist one more precious year of there life, even tough very very few able to made there if luck is with them.

Otherwise the student who is able to crack in second attempt was also able to do so in first attampt, but he missed because of his mistakes.

If you will fail in this year exam for sure you can drop an year. But you

must be sure that you will get top class marks if you attend next year.

While placements are considered they would consider the talents of you at that

time and then your performance in college.
OK,
3rd May 2012, 06:49 PM
viswanathan.c

try
all the best
14th June 2012, 08:33 PM
Unregistered

I wish to drop this year and prepare for IIT....
But according to my KCET rank i can get into RV college of engineering, and PES institute of technology
so, what should i do.............join any of these college and give a 2nd try for iit next year or join a coaching institute instead........
please help me out!!!!!!
17th June 2012, 08:07 PM
Unregistered

join rv and prepare for iitjee
17th June 2012, 08:45 PM
babu91

hello dear
yes you have heard right, second timer are not equal to first timers, not because candidate haven't made it ti IIT in very first attempt but because of the fact that he/she has waisted another one precious year of his/her life.

Generally students think there is no problem in waiting for a year in hope of IITs, but they are unaware of the complications going to be there in furture. In short waisting a year means lost of 1 year earning, lost of 1 years of experiance, lost of getting chances for getting into best company or International placement. Isn't these are enough for not to wait for second chance.

Listen dear if you have appeared for any other entrance like- AIEEE, VITEEE, KIITEE, your state entrance etc. and expecting a better result in that then dont even think of waiting for next year, just go for addmission.

Now decision is yours Best of Lcuk for your Career

thank you
18th June 2012, 12:40 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

It does not make a difference if you give the exam another time since IIT JEE allows students a second chance.

If your present result is not that great then its not advisable to seek college based on that result as the quality of future is at stake here.

Giving the exam another time will only increase your future prospect and perhaps change your life totally.

May be one thing that can irk you is a loss of one year. But having said that if you consider the situation from this point of view that a year loss means many years of happiness and peace earned then the loss won't appear too large.

Moreover there are many students like you who opt to give the exam a second time. Many of them are well settled now thanks to that important decision they took at that crucial point.

So go ahead and give the exam freely. Best of luck buddy
19th June 2012, 12:27 PM
Unregistered

sir i hav passed 12 with 75% this yr and not qualifid any entrance so taking drop will be good or not?
13th July 2012, 01:33 PM
ankur bana

Hi,
your decision may correct up to you but that will make lot of changes in you ...........
You may think that you can prepare well and then attempt the examination but it will be boring to study the samesyllabus which you think that it known to me and you may neglect.
MOREOVER YOU ARE LAGGING IN THIS COMPITATIVE WORLD BY365 DAYS ...... WHICH MEANS SOME LAKHS OF ENGINEERS ARE RELEAVING PER YEAR .
SO THINK YOURSELF FOR YOUR BRIGHT FUTURE.
anyways all the best .
15th July 2012, 08:53 AM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

If you drop this year, then you will have to work hard this year, so that you may get good rank next year. In this way, you will get good college like IIT next year.
If your college is good, you will surely get good placements.
So, it is good decision to drop 1 year, if you are not getting good college this year on the basis of your rank.
25th September 2012, 04:59 PM
ukp92

If you have not got a good rank in JEE this year then you can drop to get a better rank next year and if you finally make it to a good IIT then of course dropping is a good option to you. Therefore you must drop if you have not scored good marks in JEE and at the same time if your marks are not too less as well. If you are dropping then you must have confidence that you will qualify or improve your rank next year.
As far as placements are concerned dropping is never an issue. Nobody is going to ask you whether you dropped or not in your placements. Your CPI and participation in extra curricular activities in your college only matter at the time of placements.
All the best for your exams..
25th September 2012, 05:01 PM
ukp92

If you have not got a good rank in JEE this year then you can drop to get a better rank next year and if you finally make it to a good IIT then of course dropping is a good option to you. Therefore you must drop if you have not scored good marks in JEE and at the same time if your marks are not too less as well. If you are dropping then you must have confidence that you will qualify or improve your rank next year.
As far as placements are concerned dropping is never an issue. Nobody is going to ask you whether you dropped or not in your placements. Your CPI and participation in extra curricular activities in your college only matter at the time of placements.
All the best for your exams..
10th February 2013, 05:32 PM
Unregistered

I will fail this time in jee(BOTH )So Can i Devote my one year again to prepare for it.
31st March 2013, 03:38 AM
Unregistered

i m not going to join the jee mains 2013 becoz i am well aware about the results that will follow after. I have started to prepare for jee 2014 . Becoz now i undestood the proverb'start early and finish early' and ' an early bird catches the worm'.
11th April 2013, 02:52 PM
Unregistered

how many times appear at the exam if i drop iit?
3rd May 2013, 07:24 PM
Unregistered

I have scored 105 marks in mppet and 4978 rank and expecting around 80% in board exams .Should take drop and prepare for jee mains 2014 or join colleges like MITS and JEC
11th June 2013, 07:42 PM
Unregistered

I have scored 104 in JEE Mains and 194 in BITSAT should I drop
14th June 2013, 08:55 AM
Unregistered

iam vry much depressed with my jee mains marks and iam sure that i vl not be getting any nits wid d marks and also my jee advanced marks was little less than my cuttooff marks so thir is no chance to get a gud clg... iam willing to do long term iam i correct plz plz suggest me ..... thnq
15th July 2013, 12:23 PM
Unregistered

I got a rank of 10500 in jee advanced and 16600 in jee mains! I am being offered cse in nit patna in first round of counselling! should i drop this year?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?