25th August 2015, 05:07 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility to appear in NEET and JEE Main & Advanced for 12th NIOS candidate?

Sir,
If I pass my 12th from NIOS Board then can I appear for JEE Main and Advanced and NEET for moving ahead in my studies?

Related Questions:
  1. Eligibility to appear in JEE Main & Advanced for 12th NIOS student?
  2. Can I get admission in 12th NIOS after completing 10th CBSE? Eligibility to appear in JEE Main & Advanced if pursuing 12th NIOS?
  3. Eligibility to appear in JEE Main and study B.Tech for 12th NIOS candidate?
  4. Preparation tips for 12th science and NEET? Books for preparation of JEE Mains & Advanced?
  5. Can I get admission in IIT to study B.Tech after completing 12th NIOS?
  6. Detailed information and eligibility to apply in JEE Main & Advanced for 12th BSEB candidate?
  7. Possibility to apply in JEE Main & Advanced for a candidate who has appear JEE Main twice?
  8. Eligibility to appear in JEE Main & Advanced for 12th Science CBSE Private candidate?
  9. Eligibility to appear in JEE Mains & Advanced for 12th NIOS student? Can I sit in counselling with NIOS Certificate? Whether NIOS is AICTE approved?
  10. Am I eligible to appear in JEE Main if pursuing 12th NIOS? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. Eligibility to appear in NEET for 12th NIOS candidate?
  12. Can I apply for NEET if completed 12th from NIOS Board? What is Odisha JEE specially for?
  13. Can I get admission in IIT through JEE Main and Advanced if pursuing 12th Science from NIOS Board?
  14. Am I eligible to appear in JEE Main & Advanced and EAMCET if qualified in Compartmental exams of 12th NIOS? Can I get admission in any Engineering college of Andhra Pradesh without any entrance exam?
  15. Am I eligible to appear in JEE Main & Advanced 2 times if dropping a year for preparation after 12th?
  16. Percentage required in 12th CBSE to appear in JEE Advanced?
  17. Eligibility to appear in JEE Main and Advanced for a candidate who has completed 10th and 11th in same year?
  18. Eligibility to apply in NEET for 12th NIOS student?
26th August 2015, 01:02 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to appear in NEET and JEE Main & Advanced for 12th NIOS candidate?

Yes, you can appear for JEE Main and Advanced and NEET exams after passing 12th from NIOS Board.

Eligibility to appear in NEET and JEE Main & Advanced for 12th NIOS candidate :

NEET :
Age of candidate must be more than 17 years.
Candidate must have passed 12th class in Physics, chemistry, Biology and English with atleast 50% marks from any recognised university.

JEE Main:
Candidate who have passed 12th exam with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics from any recognised board.
Age of candidate must be between 17 to 23 years.

JEE Advanced :
Candidate must have secured less than 1,50,000 rank in JEE Main exam.
26th August 2015, 05:57 PM
chintu helper
Senior Member++

Thumbs up Re: Eligibility to appear in NEET and JEE Main & Advanced for 12th NIOS candidate?

JEE (Joint Entrance Exam) is conducted by CBSE board once in a year. Yes you are eligible for JEE mains ,JEE Advance and NEET test if you passed 12th class from NIOS board because there one and one main eligibility criteria is that you must hold an 12 passing certificate from any recognized school or board. As per my knowledge NIOS (National Institute of Open Schooling) is recognized board India Its an another thing that its not popular or reputed like CBSE or ICSE but its an recognized one.
26th August 2015, 09:22 PM
iruazim
Senior Member+

Default Re: Eligibility to appear in NEET and JEE Main & Advanced for 12th NIOS candidate?

I am happy to say you that, you can definitely give entrance exams like JEE Main, Advanced and NEEt being an NIOS student.
Let me clear your confusion. The National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) was established in the year 1989 as an autonomous organisation by the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India. So, there should be no problem regarding higher studies or applying for entrance exams being an NIOS student.
Just complete your 12th with good marks and apply for the entrance exam.
All The Best.
27th August 2015, 12:50 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir,
If I pass my 12th from NIOS Board then can I appear for JEE Main and Advanced and NEET for moving ahead in my studies?
No, you are not eligible for NEET and JEE Main exam.

NEET stands for National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test.

Those candidates who have completed 12th standard from a recognized board with Physics, Chemistry and Biology subject are eligible for NEET exam. At 10+2 level you need to secure minimum 50% of marks in physics, chemistry and biology taken together.

Your minimum age should be 17 years.

Those candidates who have completed 12th standard from a recognized board with physics, chemistry and mathematics with above 50% marks are eligible for JEE Main 2016 exam. 5% marks relaxation is provided for SC/ST category candidates.

Your age should be in between 17 to 25 years.

Those candidates who have secured top 1,50,000 rank (including all categories) in JEE Main examination are eligible for JEE Advanced exam 2016.

Your age should be in between 17 to 25 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?