8th March 2015, 11:13 PM
Unregistered

How can I get admission to study 11th PCM after completing 10th standard?

Hello,
Right now I am studying in class 10.
I got 8 CGPA in class 9.
I want to opt PCM in class 11.
Tell me what I have to do for this?
With Regards-

9th March 2015, 01:14 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I get admission to study 11th PCM after completing 10th standard?

You can directly apply for admission in PCM(Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics) course after the completion of 10th standard. To get admission in PCM course, first you have to choose any college, which is offering PCM course. Then you have to visit that college admission office to get the application form and you should fill up and submit that application form along with the following documents
->10th standard pass certificate
->Transfer certificate
->Bonafide certificate, which was assisted by your school principal
After completing this procedure, the college will offer admission for you.
9th March 2015, 02:35 PM
Uthradhi
Senior Member+

Default Re: How can I get admission to study 11th PCM after completing 10th standard?

Science stream is very demand and preferred option after 10th examination. You have not mentioned your board and which place admission you want but it is ok. I will provide necessary details of 11th PCM stream. Actually many top schools already started issuing the application forms in offline and online. You have to visit the respective website and download the form fill the necessary details and submit to the Administration office of their respective School.

Mostly the selection process is based merit, if you secured good marks in your 12th examination. You have maximum chances of getting the admission. 10th exam marks are place the vital role in the selection process.
9th March 2015, 04:30 PM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,
Right now I am studying in class 10.
I got 8 CGPA in class 9.
I want to opt PCM in class 11.
Tell me what I have to do for this?
With Regards-
For now just concentrate on your Studies and make sure that you prepare to the best of your ability for your Class 10 Board Examination.
The CGPA that you have is good but you should try to take the CGPA to 9 in your Board Examination.
If you want to get admission into the best Schools then you will need to score as much as you can to get PCM in Class 11.
Also make sure that you have good marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in your Class 10 Board as it will be also be noted when you are given admission in Class 11.

Also make sure that you study all the Three Subjects very thoroughly as the chapters taught during Class 10 are the base on which you will be taught the other topics from Class 11 onwards.
Make sure that you try to get into the Best School possible as the way you are taught in the Schools from Class 11 is very important as it is the only way in which you will get to know the subjects in detail.
Also practice the various model question papers available before the Class 10 final Examination.
It is vital for the purpose of your preparation before the Examination.
So just prepare to the best of your ability and you will have the best opportunity to get yourself admitted to the Best possible School available to you for studying PCM in Class 11.
9th March 2015, 06:13 PM
harishydv
Senior Member+

To get the Admission in 11th PCM you need to score a minimum of 6 CPGA in 10th standard, for the admission in top schools you need to get 9 CPGA and some of the colleges does not require any CPGA you need to score good marks in 10th. CPGA requirement varies from school to school. Some of the schools conduct entrance test for admission in their school.
9th March 2015, 07:12 PM
anamikasenrocks

Look, the score of CGPA 8 is really good. Normally schools for higher secondary education prefer a CGPA of 8.5-9.5 for an admission in the science stream. Since you want to opt for a PCM combination, it is obvious that you want to go for science stream. So you have to work hard so that you get at least a CGPA of 8.5 in your final 10th standard board examinations.

After that you need to apply in schools for class 11. The application form for all streams are the same, only you have to tick the appropriate stream in the form. You have to give your date of birth, school's name, address and your obtained percentage in the 10th standard examination. You will also have to attach the photocopies of your date of birth, 10th standard admit card and marks sheet. After that if your marks is among the top scorers who applied for the PCM or science combination in that school, your name will be put up in the final list of selected candidates. Thus, you will get admission in PCM combination in a school.
Let me give you a few tips on how to improve your CGPA for 10th standard.
1)Since you already have a CGPA of 8 you have to just brush up your skills a bit.
2)You would have to check if there are some silly mistakes by virtue of which you are getting less marks in your answer sheets.
3) Already you must have covered half of your 10th standard syllabus. Keep on revising it, before adding new chapters to your brain. That way you will not forget what you have learnt already.

Keep a steady pace like this and you will make it in a good school for the 11th standard admission. Once you score really high in your 10th standard examination, you just have to buy the admission forms of the top schools in your state. Buy more than one form. That way you will be sure that if you miss a seat in one school you will definitely make it into another. If your CGPA is as high as I mentioned here, then you will get admission in a good school with PCM combination.
9th March 2015, 07:17 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

You can get direct admission to pursue PCM in 11th standard after completion of your 10th standard. Most of the schools offers direct admission to 11th standard by considering the marks by candidate in 10th standard board examinations. Since, you are pursuing 10th standard and going to appear in 10th standard board examinations, I suggest you to prepare well for the examinations and score good marks in examinations, so, that you can get admission in 11th standard PCM in top schools after completion of your 10th standard board examinations.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?