3rd January 2018, 02:15 PM
Unregistered

How can I get a chance to be an Astronaut while reading in 10th class?

Hello Sir, I am Rahul Pal from india of class 10th reading in ASANSOL RAMAKRISHNA MISSION HIGH SCHOOL. I have a great willing to be an astronaut. Please tell me how can I get a chance for exam of it. Therefore, I kindly request you for it. Please tell me.

4th January 2018, 02:44 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I get a chance to be an Astronaut while reading in 10th class?

I am sorry to say that at this instant you cannot apply for the position of Astronaut as now you are only in class 10th. In order to be eligible for becoming an Astronaut, candidates must have to complete their degree course either in any of the Engineering, Physical Sciences, Biological Sciences or Mathematics.
Once, after completing the above mentioned course, they must have to complete their Masters degree course in the relevant field followed by the Ph.D course as well.
4th January 2018, 05:15 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I get a chance to be an Astronaut while reading in 10th class?

You should take science stream with maths in class 11th, if you are willing to join any space agency as an Astronaut. Normally, those who have studied Physics or engineering science, are preferred for such jobs.

Just make sure you are excellent in academics and try to get admission at top institutes or universities, because only those institutes can help you get noticed. IIST, Trivandrum is the best place to study space science.
4th January 2018, 05:35 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Let me tell you that, astronauts are selected by space organisations such as Indian Space Research Organisation in India or NASA in USA. It includes both technical as well as non technical knowledge. You need a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in engineering, biological science, Physical Science, Mathematics.
After that you have to qualify the entrance examination that is conducted by one of the institution.
4th January 2018, 10:46 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

As for now you are not eligible to become an Astronaut as because you are just in class 10th now but you can prepare for it from now itself. You need to qualify your higher secondary examination in science discipline with good percentage of marks. Then you have to gain a bachelors degree in either any engineering field or in Physics/Mathematics/Biochemistry and whatever field you choose for your bachelor's degree education, you need to completed your master's and then PhD course in the relevant discipline. After gaining PhD degree you have to appear and qualify in entrance test conducted by respective space organization to recruit candidates for the position of Astronaut.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?