21st January 2015, 04:54 PM
Unregistered

How can I prepare to qualify NTSE Stage-I exam? Syllabus and reference books for preparation?

hello
i am in 10th standard. i do not go for coaching. can anybody tell me how to prepare for ntse stage 1 exam? what is the syllabus and how to get into this stage? please recommend the best books....
waiting for your response

23rd January 2015, 11:39 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I prepare to qualify NTSE Stage-I exam? Syllabus and reference books for preparation?

NTSE - National Talent Search Examination is conducted by NCERT to the candidate studying X class.

The purpose of this scheme is to identify the Talented students and nurture their talents.

NTSE stage 1 exam is written exam conducted at the state level. It has two parts, namely MAT and SAT.

MAT - Mental Ability Test where in you need to answer 100 questions in span of 90 minutes. 40 marks is the qualifying marks for general category students and 32 for reserved category students.

SAT - Scholastic Aptitude Test is a written exam with 100 questions with time duration of 90 minutes.
In these 100 questions, 40 on Science, 40 on Social studies and 20 on Maths.
Qualifying marks are same as the MAT exam.

SYLLABUS :

Although there is no set of syllabus for NTSE Exa, The SAT usually follows your school curriculum. The syllabus would include Physics, Maths, Chemistry, Biology, History, Civics, Geography and general awareness topics. The topics you would have covered till class 9 and partially in class 10.

PREPARATION :

* Start your preparation with last year's NTSE question papers.

* Every time analyze your performance.

* Make a plan to rectify your mistakes.

* Make a clear notes to revise before the exam.

* Cover the weak topics earlier in order to attempt each question.

* As time management is important, Use your time properly.

BOOKS :

* Refer NCERT books.

* NTSE exam preparation guide.
23rd June 2016, 09:50 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How can I prepare to qualify NTSE Stage-I exam? Syllabus and reference books for preparation?

I am in 10th standard.I want to crack NTSE level-1 EXAM first. I am not able to understand what to prepare and how to prepare for this exam. please help me.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?