20th February 2016, 06:57 AM
Unregistered

How much impact my 12th standard marks will make on my career?

Hello, i have been told my parents that 10th and 12th marks are main and important for my career. At first, they told me that 10th is very important and now as i am in 12th standard, they are saying that 12th marks are more important. So kindly tell me that what impact does 12th standard marks have on one's career?

Related Questions:
  1. Which graduation course should i do after 12th to make career in Agriculture field?
  2. How to make a career after passing 12th in PCM with minimum 50% marks
  3. How to make my career in B.Arch? I am studying in 12th standard
  4. How to make my career as a Geographer after passing Maths with Science in 12th standard
  5. Should I prepare for IIT or first complete 10+2? How and what to study to pass with flying colours?
  6. How may I make my career in Software industries? Ive passed 10th with 82% marks and 12th with 87% marks
  7. What shall I do to pursue IIT having completed 10th recently?
  8. Which stream should I choose to make my career bright after scoring 80% marks in standard 10th? Which is better between Science and Commerce?
  9. What are the career opportunities and future prospective available after completing B.Sc course in IT stream? I have done B.Sc with IT stream from jamshedpur and having 70% marks in 12th
  10. How to make my career in geography after passing Maths with science in 12th RBSE standard?
  11. Can I get admission in IIM after scoring 6% marks in 10th standard, 66% marks in 12th standard and 59% in graduation
  12. Can i make career in Mass Communication after studying 12th with humanities?
  13. How to make my career in Indian Army after passing 12th exam in PCM subject?
  14. What type of jobs can I get after passing 48% in science?
  15. Am I eligible to apply for BBM course after completion of 12th standard with 60% marks?
  16. Can I crack IIT without opting for Maths in 10+2
  17. Can I do B.Com. after 12th with PCM and Economics subject? What is the difference between B.A. in Economics and B.Com.? -- [Most Discussed]
  18. What to do after class XII in field of computer science?
20th February 2016, 01:56 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How much impact my 12th standard marks will make on my career?

Yes, your parents are 100 % correct and its true that 10th and 10+2 marks plays an important role in career. Here is some of examples of its importance. Suppose you want to do engineering from institutes like IIT, NITs etc. You will have to appear for Joint Entrance exam Main and advanced.

First, you will have to fulfill minimum percentage of marks that is 50% in 10+2 then your marks of 10+2 will be taken into account in rank list preparation. Similarly, in all other entrance exams also, 10+2 marks has its own importance.

Second example is that when you go for campus placement, each company has its own percentage criteria, you must meet that criteria, majority of company allow candidates having more than 65% marks in 10th and 10+2. Third important thing is that its show that you are a sincere student from childhood. In Indian context of education, percentage of marks plays an important role.
20th February 2016, 02:21 PM
kantraman

Actually there is great impact of 12th standard marks when we want to fill application form of Army/Navy/Airforce because students having percentage more than 75% in 12th exam are called for test only,so 12th marks have great impact.
20th February 2016, 04:54 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

12th marks are important if you want to do a simple degree course from a reputed university. Normally, top universities like DU have very high cut off marks for admission on the basis of class 12th marks.

If you have poor marks in class 12th then you will face problem in getting admission in a top university. In case of entrance exam there is no problem with your 12th marks because performance in entrance exam will get you admission.
20th February 2016, 10:37 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

It is very important to score good marks in 10th and 12th standard examinations. Because, these marks will also have impact on your career and job opportunities. For offering admission in Undergraduate courses, some colleges asks for minimum aggregate of 70% marks in 12th standard whereas some other colleges may ask for more than 70% aggregate in 12th standard. Even for jobs, the shortlisting will be done on the basis of candidate's aggregate in 10th, 12th and Graduation course. For example, consider a job for which minimum of 70% aggregate is required throughout the career then, if the candidate is having more than 70% aggregate in 10th or 12th standard and Graduation but, not in 12th or 10th standard then, he is not eligible to apply for that job. So, I suggest you to score good marks in your 12th standard and higher studies as they will have much impact on your career and job opportunities.
22nd February 2016, 03:17 PM
OnePlus

Marks of class 12th has greatly effect your future. Mainly all the entrance exams are based on class 12th syllabus.

If you will not get good marks in class 12th then you will face difficulties at the time admission for further studies. You will also face problems at the time of getting job.

Most of the top companies recruits candidates on the basis of class 10th and 12th marks. So,I suggest you that you should work hard to secure good marks in class 12th.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?