3rd June 2015, 05:54 PM
Unregistered

Marking scheme and passing criteria in Theory and Practical of 10th CBSE Board exams?

Hello everyone,
I am studying in 10th standard from CBSE Board
and I will be appear in the Board exams in next year.
I would like to know the marks criteria that is
what is the marking scheme in Theory and Practical
and passing criteria. Please let me know asap.

Related Questions:
  1. Marking scheme in 2015 for CBSE 12th Physical Education theory paper?
  2. Subjectwise passing marks in 10th CBSE Board Examinations?
  3. Is it compulsory to pass Practical and Theory paper individually for Physics ,Chemistry and Biology in 12th standard (CBSE)? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. If I give CBSE CCE instead of CBSE Board exams I cannot move to ISC board in 11th?
  5. Syllabus, sample question papers, marking scheme and question pattern of 12th CBSE Board exam?
  6. Which board should choose for getting admission into 11trh class between Gujarat board and CBSE for getting best result?
  7. From where to get CBSE Board Maths Previous Year Question Papers?
  8. Is it good take admission in different board after completion of 10th or to be in the same board?
  9. Should I have to appear in State Board exams also if pursuing 10th CBSE? Will I get admission only in CBSE Board to study in 11th standard after completing 10th?
  10. Minimum theory and practical pass marks in ISC board?
  11. CBSE Class 12th Biology Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  12. Can I secure 10 CGPA in Board exam if didn't score well in 10th CBSE Summative-I exam? Benefits of studying in CBSE Board over State Board?
  13. Should the board need to be changed after 10th from CBSE to Gujarat board as there are more seats available in Gujarat board for Engineering?
  14. What are the formalities and advantages/disadvantages to switchover from CBSE board to State board of Gujarat in 11th standard?
  15. Are there any entrance exams after passing 10th?
  16. What is the marking scheme of class 10th?
  17. Detailed information about scholarship scheme for a candidate who has secured 90% in 12th CBSE?
  18. Which board to choose after passing 10th, CBSE or GSEB?
21st July 2015, 06:49 PM
joyshreenath
Senior Member++

Default Re: Marking scheme and passing criteria in Theory and Practical of 10th CBSE Board exams?

I feel it is the marks division that you mean. You do not want the marking scheme. It is because marking scheme is to be decided by the teachers. This marking scheme also varies from school to school. Some schools follow the rule to assign more marks who has given the definition properly, in a verbatim manner. Some feel instead of a book definition, one should write in his own words. If he does so he gets more marks. Some get more marks if he or she illustrates it with an example. But this varies from school to school and in fact from teacher to teacher. These rules are very confidential.
But if you talk about marks division then 10 marks are kept aside from each paper of a subject. For example say a subject history has one paper, then out of 100 10 marks would be kept aside by the school and you would give the board examination on rest 90 marks. Similarly if social science subject has 3 papers then 30 marks will be kept aside by the school and you would give the board examination on rest 270 marks. Now the marks that are kept aside by the school are used to mark you on the basis of some oral examination, like recitation, elocution or oral quiz etc. The teachers can also arrange for some multiple choice type written test for giving those marks to the students.
The pass criteria is 33% in every subject, be it theory or be it practical. The results will come on the basis of a 9 point grading scale, which will be calculated on the basis of the marks that you have scored in the examination.
31st August 2015, 02:01 AM
sumitrahul76

Default Re: Marking scheme and passing criteria in Theory and Practical of 10th CBSE Board exams?

CBSE stands for Central Board of Secondary Education.
It is the most popular, well known and recognized board of India.

In 10th standard , students of CBSE board have to study minimum 5 subjects .
The students need 30 marks in each subject to be called pass in the final examination of 10th conducted every year in the month of March.
To score high marks in CBSE board examination, students will have to write answers in limited words and according to the point as required by the question because less or more points in any answer leads to marks deduction due to stepwise marking scheme.
Marks are given according to steps written by the students means step marking scheme is followed in CBSE board.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?