21st May 2015, 04:35 AM
Unregistered

Should the board need to be changed after 10th from CBSE to Gujarat board as there are more seats available in Gujarat board for Engineering?

hello, My son is in cbse board in 10th .He want to be an engineer.should he change his board to gujrat board for more opportunity of seats?

Related Questions:
  1. Which board is better for making career in engineering among CBSE and Gujarat board?
  2. Which is better between Gujarat State Board and CBSE Board?
  3. Should I change my board from CBSE to Gujarat board? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. Is it better to change board from CBSE to State board of Gujarat?
  5. Would I be considered under the 75% state(Gujarat) reservation quota for taking admission in Gujarat engineering colleges? I have done 10th(ICSE board) and 12th(CBSE board) from Gujarat. I have domicile of Gujarat
  6. What are the formalities and advantages/disadvantages to switchover from CBSE board to State board of Gujarat in 11th standard?
  7. Can I change board from CBSE to Gujarat Board?
  8. How much CBSE seats are there in Gujrat board? Should I switch from CBSE to Gujarat board?
  9. Number of seats reserved in Medical for CBSE Board, ICSE Board and Gujarat Board under NEET? Process of percentage calculation in Gujarat state board for NEET?
  10. What is the percentage of allotment of seats between Gujarat Board and CBSE board from Gujarat in Medical and pharmaceutical Gujarat
  11. Number of seats available in Gujarat, CBSE and ICSE Boards for Schooling?
  12. Which board is better between Gujarat State Board and Central Board for MBBS? How many medical seats are available in Gujarat for Central board students?
  13. Should I switchover to CBSE board from Gujarat board?
  14. Is it beneficial to change board from CBSE to state board? I've studied up to 5th std in Gujarati medium and shifted to CBSE
  15. Which board should choose for getting admission into 11trh class between Gujarat board and CBSE for getting best result? -- [New]
  16. Is Shifting from Gujarat board to CBSE board a good option? Will it cause any problem for a 7th year student to adopt?
  17. Which board is better for children in future? Percentage of seats available in Gujarat board, CBSE and ICSE?
  18. CBSE or Gujarat State Board, which one covers the format of JEE Mains? Whose priority is more at the time of admission at any engineering college in Gujarat?
21st May 2015, 12:35 PM
kaushikprince
Senior Member++

Default Re: Should the board need to be changed after 10th from CBSE to Gujarat board as there are more seats available in Gujarat board for Engineering?

There may be more seats in the state board but changing boards will will not be beneficial after 10th.
If you labor hard in any board then you can easily qualify .
It will be more beneficial to continue with the same board you have had studeid till 10th as you are alredlady aware about the question pattern,examination tules and regulation and marking schemes.
If you are going to change boards tuen you have to do extra labor to modify your answering techniques according as the state board.

So, i will suggest you to continue with CBSE board .
21st May 2015, 01:14 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should the board need to be changed after 10th from CBSE to Gujarat board as there are more seats available in Gujarat board for Engineering?

No, there is no need to change your son from CBSE board to Gujarat board, because even if your son studies his 11th and 12th standard in CBSE board, he is eligible to apply for Gujarat Engineering entrance exam and he can get admission in Engineering colleges of Gujarat. So, you can make your son to continue his further studies in CBSE affiliated school.
21st May 2015, 09:22 PM
vanisunshine.vani
Senior Member++

Yes he will get more seat opportunities in gujrat being local in it.
If he choose CBSE board then even if you try central any entrance exam then to get admission in any university first local people get the benifits.
If he choose state syllabus ,then you have more chances as you belong local category.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?