7th February 2017, 04:39 PM
Unregistered

Is my Tamilnadu SC certificate valid in Maharashtra?

I am studying in Maharashtra but I have Maharashtra domicile certificate and Tamil Nadu government SC certificate. Can I apply for JEE main exam through SC quota in Maharashtra?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I use the Caste Certificate of Tamil Nadu in Maharashtra?
  2. Certificate awarded by Vinayaka Mission University is valid as per UGC norms?
  3. How may I get domicile certificate of Maharashtra? I'm not living in Maharashtra and neither having schooling from Maharashtra
  4. Can I produce OBC certificate of Maharashtra without having caste certificate of Maharashtra state?
  5. Is my class 12th from open schooling valid for further studies?
  6. How to apply for improvement exam in one subject under BSEB board for 12th?
  7. How may I appear in CET exam? Do I need to fill form as outside Maharashtra or Inside Maharashtra? I'm having domicile certificate of Mahrashtra
  8. Will there be any problem for me for IBPS exam, if got domicile from MP and SC caste certificate from Maharashtra?
  9. Can I get domicile certificate of Maharashtra? I've been residing in Maharashtra for over 40 years
  10. How can I get domicile certificate of Maharashtra? I have done SSC from Maharashtra and want to do engineering in Maharashtra
  11. Eligibility for admission in reputed engineering colleges of Maharashtra?
  12. Can I apply for MHT-CET having passed 10th class from Maharashtra and 12th class from outside Maharashtra having Domicile certificate of Maharashtra?
  13. How to obtain Maharashtra domicile certificate from Thane Tahsildar Officer?
  14. Can I fill up the form on the basis of Cast Certificate of Maharashtra?
  15. What is the validity of NIOS marksheet in central government jobs?
  16. How can I get Maharashtra Domicile Certificate if I belong to Chattisgarh but not born in Maharashtra? My Mother is born in Maharashtra? A
  17. Is Manav Bharti University, Solam is recognized by UGC? -- [Most Discussed]
  18. Is NIOS board certificate valid for Army based jobs?
7th February 2017, 06:27 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is my Tamilnadu SC certificate valid in Maharashtra?

The caste certificate will work in your own domiciled state only, if you are applying for state government colleges. For central government colleges, you can use your caste certificate anywhere in India.

Just make sure that you are applying for central government college and your caste comes under the list of central government SC caste list.
7th February 2017, 09:38 PM
MerajAmir
Senior Member+

No, As per Madras High Court, SC certificate is not valid of one state in another state, though the candidate also has the domicile certificate of that state. So if you fall under the SC category in Tamil Nadu you will be considered as a general category in Maharashtra and you will not get any benefit of reservation for your JEE exam.
18th November 2017, 10:24 AM
Unregistered

I have completed my 10th and 12th in Mumbai and completed BE in tamil nadu
I have tamil nadu government SC community certificate. If I'm applying for government jobs what should I do?Will my tamil nadu government certificate be accepted?
24th July 2021, 03:58 PM
Unregistered

I completed my 10th 12th and graduation in mumbai. I have tamilnadu sc certificate. Now my question is it valid in Maharashtra can I apply ibps clerk as a sc candidate?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?