13th March 2016, 04:54 PM
Unregistered

Is NIOC Maths marksheet enough for doing BCA in graduation?

Hello Guys,

I am a 12th passed out (ISC) with 60% and commerce along with Computer Science. I am interested in computers and want my career in computers field only. I decided to do BCA but as Mathematics is required for doing BCA so it wasn't possible this year. My family is not willing to send me out of my city (I live in Lucknow , U.P). So I have decided to give NIOS Mathematics exam next year and then do BCA. So i want to ask, is NIOS maths marksheet enough for BCA?

13th March 2016, 07:17 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is NIOC Maths marksheet enough for doing BCA in graduation?

BCA stands for Bachelor of Computer Application. Mathematics is one of the compulsory subject required in 10+2 in order to study this course but you must know that there are colleges which accepts admission in BCA without mathematics.

However, if you have decided to appear for 12th board exams again from NIOS board with mathematics, there is nothing to worry as NIOS marksheet is accepted by top institutes offering BCA course across India. You must try to score better marks in 10+2 so that you can get admission in good BCA college as majority of top BCA college accept admission on basis of percentage of marks in 10+2.
13th March 2016, 10:03 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can apply for BCA by submitting NIOS mark sheet.

The minimum eligibility criteria required to apply for BCA is that the candidate must have passed class 12 examination from a recognized board of education.

One can apply for single subject from NIOS to obtain a pass certificate.

After passing from NIOS, the candidate can use this certificate to apply for admission to the respective courses.
13th March 2016, 11:47 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible for BCA course.

Those candidates who have completed 12th in any stream preferably Science stream with at least 50% marks with Mathematics as one of the subject of studies from a recognized Board are eligible for BCA course.

Your age shouldn't be bellow 17 years.
14th March 2016, 12:01 PM
OnePlus

BCA stands for Bachelor of Computer Application. It is a professional course of 3 years.
Eligibility criteria to take admission in BCA is as follows-
A candidate must have 12th passed with minimum 50% of aggregate and must have science subjects in class 12th including maths.

You can also apply BCA next year through NIOS board.
NIOs is an open schooling board and it is under taken by the union government of India.

NIOS is highly recognized board of India you can apply for BCA as being a student of NIOS board.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?