7th July 2017, 05:01 PM
Unregistered

Are NIOS students not preferred by universities for admission?

I have done 10th from CBSE board. Can I appear for 12th from NIOS board. All people say that in every stage of selection 1st CBSE board students are chosen up and then NIOS board students. Is it true, please reply me.

7th July 2017, 09:00 PM
SahnawazExpert
Banned

Default Re: Are NIOS students not preferred by universities for admission?

You can appear from NIOS for class 12 as long as your marks are good that's not going to be a problem. Since you have done your schooling from CBSE so would recommend you to continue the same.
7th July 2017, 11:26 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Admission will not be a problem for NIOS candidates, the only concern is getting jobs in private sector. Even government sector accepts NIOS passed candidates.

Hence, choose NIOS only when you don't have any other option. Regular students are always preferred for jobs.
8th July 2017, 01:45 AM
ranu shahi

Look, NIOS is also a government recognized board. So, don't worry about anything. Universities take admission on the basis of merit not on the basis of board. You can get admission in any university without any problem if you fulfilled the eligibility criteria for admission in any university.
8th July 2017, 12:56 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

This in not true, admission to various universities depends on the merit marks scored or ranks scored in an entrance examination by a candidate irrespective of exam board (whether it's a CBSE board or NIOS) from which a candidate have qualified his/her higher secondary education.
Since NIOS is a well recognized board by government of India, therefore the students of NIOS are eligible to take admission in any recognized and reputed universities after completion of their higher secondary examination.
8th July 2017, 02:24 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have done 10th from CBSE board. Can I appear for 12th from NIOS board. All people say that in every stage of selection 1st CBSE board students are chosen up and then NIOS board students. Is it true, please reply me.
Distance education are not eligible for admission in University for regular course.

For admission in University, you must complete 12th standard with regular course otherwise you can get admission in distance course.
8th July 2017, 10:44 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

It is not true. NIOS stands for National Institute of Open Schooling.

NIOS is central government recognized board. The value of NIOS board is same as other boards like CBSE, ICSE etc.

This board is recognized by all universities for admission.
10th July 2017, 11:26 PM
Solo13
Senior Member+

NIOS stands for National Institute of Open Schooling. IN NIOS there is no need to attend regular classes because it is an open board. In open board there is no need to attend regular classes. You will not get proper lectures and teacher's guidance under this board. You have to work hard and you can join tuition classes.
CBSE is better than NIOS in every aspect. If you have any problem to continuing with this board than you can go for NIOS.
NIOS has same value as the other board of INDIA. NIOS is an centralized board of India.
20th November 2017, 09:47 AM
Unregistered

Is it a good idea to join NIOS for class 11 and 12 science stream and attend good coaching class, instead of wasting time in regular cbse schools?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?