10th September 2015, 08:32 PM
Unregistered

Is NIOS better than Bihar board? What is the value of NIOS Certificate in DU?

Sir, i am a student of class 12th nios board. And i want to take admission in DU. So i want to know whether i can get admission in Delhi university or not because i read in a newspaper this year that nios students did not get admission in DU because of the shortage of seats.

Please answer my question as soon as possible.

Pooja
Noida

11th September 2015, 01:49 AM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Is NIOS better than Bihar board? What is the value of NIOS Certificate in DU?

NIOS is a recognized board and in general there is no problem for students of NIOS Board to get admission in Colleges.
You need to have the required marks and once you have the required marks you will be eligible for admission to the courses of DU.
Bihar Board is better when compared with NIOS Board only because it is a State Government run Board otherwise both the Boards are almost same.
11th September 2015, 01:47 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is NIOS better than Bihar board? What is the value of NIOS Certificate in DU?

NIOS board is recognised by HRD Ministry of central government and Bihar board is recognised by Education department of Bihar government.
Value of NIOS certificate is as same as that of other boards certificate to take admission in DU.
Yes, you can get admission in Delhi university, there is no official news that NIOS students did not get admission in DU.
11th September 2015, 04:14 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to get the admission in the Delhi University being the candidate of the NIOS board there is no such notification as of shortage of the seat.

The eligibility to apply or get the admission in the DU is candidate must have passed the 10+2 from any recognised board with the discipline as according to the course in which they are seeking for the admission. The admission in the course is on the basis of the aggregate in the board examination.

There is no any notification released by the Delhi University for the restriction on the admission of the NIOS candidates.For more information visit at the www.du.ac.in.
11th September 2015, 05:30 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

NIOS stands for National institute of open schooling where general and academic courses are available.

It is better to study in regular board rather than distance mode. As Bihar is the state education board it is better than NIOS board to pursue education.

The candidate's who has passed class 12 examination from NIOS board are eligible to apply for various courses in other institutes/ university.

The admission in Delhi university is done if there are any vacancies in the course. There will be no special reservation or quota of seats available for NIOS candidate's.

The certificates get from NIOS are recognized and valid for admission to higher education.
11th September 2015, 10:58 PM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

There is no good or bad boards of education.

Yes, they can differ in the method of teaching and NIOS is an open school board so, it depends on the caliber of the students if he can easily study the things on his own.

The criteria for admission in any universities across the nation is as follows :

* The candidate must have completed his education from a recognized board under the scheme of 10+2 at least.

* The candidate must have possessed at least 50% marks in the 12th.

* In some of the universities, the minimum percentage criteria is not there.

* The candidate must have attained an age of 17 years at the time of admission.

If you fulfill the above said criteria then you can definitely go for graduation and be sure of one thing that NIOS is a recognized board by all the universities and have the same value as the other boards of education.
14th February 2016, 10:07 PM
Unregistered

Can i appear fourth grade(messenger) job in banking from 10th passed from nios.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?