16th August 2016, 12:20 PM
rubal99

Which is more valuable between NIOS and Haryana board to take admission in DU?

Will you please tell me that can i take admission in DU? Lots of confusion are there i have an option to choose between nios and haryana board, so which one is more valuable?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I get admission in IP University to study BCA if study 12th NIOS?
  2. Is NIOS better than Bihar board? What is the value of NIOS Certificate in DU?
  3. Is there any difficulty to study B.Tech for NIOS students?
  4. Am I eligible to get admission in any Government college after completing class 10th from NIOS board?
  5. Eligibility for secondary education through open schooling in the age of 48 years and after a gap of 30 years from secondary education?
  6. Can I reappear in 12th with NIOS Board if failed from CBSE? Is there any problem to get admission in Engineering on NIOS basis? Regional centre of NIOS in Lucknow?
  7. Eligibility for Militry Nursing service after 10+2 with NIOS board?
  8. Can I get admission in B.Arch through entrance exam if pursuing 12th NIOS? Is CBSE Board equivalent to NIOS Board?
  9. Can I take admission through Haryana counseling board after passing 12th from CBSE board?
  10. Is it possible to study 12th in Open Schooling for a candidate having completed 11th CBSE?
  11. How can a 38 years old candidate resume his study in Kerala after 9th standard? I'm good in english, hindi, arabic, malayalam
  12. Am I eligible to get admission in 11th standard CBSE board after completion of 10th in NIOS board? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. Can I get admission in 11th standard of ICSE or CBSE Board if appearing in 10th NIOS Board exam?
  14. Am I eligible to apply for higher studies in Australia if completing 12th from open board?
  15. Eligibility to study abroad for higher studies after 12th from NIOS board?
  16. Is it advisable to appear in NIOS Board exam for 16 years of age 5th CBSE candidate?
  17. Can I get admission to study in 12th NIOS immediately if completed 10th NIOS?
  18. Is 12th from NIOS valuable in Dubai to study under graduate course? List of colleges accepting this certificate? -- [New]
16th August 2016, 09:00 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which is more valuable between NIOS and Haryana board to take admission in DU?

DU stands for Delhi University, it is a public university which is located at Delhi, India. It offers various undergraduate and postgraduate courses in various disciplines.

To get admission in any course in Delhi University, you should have passed the qualifying examination from a Government recognised board. As you have mentioned in your query, that you are confused to choose between NIOS and Haryana Board.

NIOS is a Open Schooling type of board and Haryana Board is a State board. It is best to pursue your studies from Haryana Board as this board is accepted by any institute for offering admission in Delhi University.
17th August 2016, 12:52 AM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which is more valuable between NIOS and Haryana board to take admission in DU?

NIOS stands for "National Institute of Open Schooling". Certificate from NIOS is equally valid as that is issued by Haryana board. But as NIOS is an open board, so Haryana board(state board) is always preferred over NIOS board. So my suggestion to you is that you should pursue your intermediate from Haryana board.
10th October 2019, 01:03 AM
Unregistered

Sir i have confirmed my results on www.hcos.in every things is okay with my admission and results then why other colleges didn't give me admission in their college
14th October 2019, 12:15 PM
Shehjadi
Member+

Between NIOS(National Institute of Open Schooling) and Haryana Board, Haryana Board is better than NIOS.
15th December 2020, 10:08 PM
Unregistered

Is nios student can take admission in class 11 in Haryana board
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?