2nd February 2016, 06:10 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility to study abroad for higher studies after 12th from NIOS board?

I am in 12th class through nios board so I want to study abroad for higher study, does in us universities nios board marks is acceptable or not?

3rd February 2016, 10:40 AM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to study abroad for higher studies after 12th from NIOS board?

Yes definitely many universities in abroad also accepts National Open University certificate. The candidates who have done their 12th from NIOS board can apply in abroad. NIOS board has same valid proof as that of other boards like CBSE,ICSE etc. But only very less number of universities does not accept NIOS certificate for providing admission in their universities. To take admission in US University you have to crack the IELTS exam.
3rd February 2016, 12:42 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to study abroad for higher studies after 12th from NIOS board?

NIOS is a nationalized body of education and is valid in India as well as abroad, provided if you wish to continue your studies abroad, you will have to clear some entrance examination in order to get admission in US, and after clearing the examination, if you are lucky enough, you will probably get admission otherwise you will have to complete your further studies in India itself.
3rd February 2016, 12:45 PM
Ashfaquerockz
Senior Member+

Yes, it is acceptable provided you will have to appear for entrance examinations like GRE, TOEFL, etc.in order to get admission in any foreign countries. Moreover, different Institutes have different admission criteria, therefore in those cases you will have to fulfill the admission criteria of that particular Institute and get admission.
3rd February 2016, 11:29 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

National institute of open schooling (NIOS) is a valid and recognized board of education.

If the candidate wish to use NIOS certificate to study in abroad, it is his/ her own interest that one must keep in mind the age recruitment, specific subject combination, percentage of marks etc.

If one has satisfied the eligibility criteria, he/ she is eligible to study in abroad after completion of class 12 from NIOS board.

NIOS board is a recognized board and has it has equivalent importance with other national and state education boards. So, you can pursue higher studies in abroad with NIOS certificate.
1st August 2018, 12:26 AM
prithviraj yadav

Hi,
Yes, foreign universities will accept you as long as you have your official transcript with GPA and have passed the entrance exam of that significant University. The thing is education system in abroad is way different than India. Universities in foreign country don't care about the class mode you have studied all they care about is what you have in your brain.
14th November 2020, 06:58 AM
Unregistered

Will I get admission for any bca college in India from 12 NIOS or NWAC certificate or markscard
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?