1st January 2019, 08:57 PM
Unregistered

Percentage required in 12th Kerala Board exam to become an Indian Foreign Officer?

I am studying in 12th standard from Kerala Board. I am average in studies but my aim is to become an Indian Foreign Officer. I want to know that what percentage I have to secure in my 12th Board exam from this Kerala Board so that I can achieve my aim?

6th January 2019, 06:00 AM
ppsahu
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Percentage required in 12th Kerala Board exam to become an Indian Foreign Officer?

After passing 12th exam, you are not eligible to become an Indian Foreign Officer. To become an Indian Foreign Officer, at first you must hold a Bachelor's degree in any discipline from any of the recognised universities or an equivalent qualification. Thereafter you have to appear and qualify UPSC Indian Foreign Service (IFS) Exam.
7th January 2019, 10:09 AM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Percentage required in 12th Kerala Board exam to become an Indian Foreign Officer?

To be an Indian Foreign Service (IFS) officer, you are required to qualify the Civil Services examination held once every year by UPSC.

The minimum education required to apply for the Civil Services examination is a graduation degree in any discipline from a recognised university. Students pursuing final year of their degree course are also eligible.

Now, as far as you are concerned about the minimum marks required in Class 12th to be eligible for becoming an IFS officer i.e; for appearing in the Civil Services examination then there is no such requirement at any stage of academics and therefore a degree holder in any discipline with whatever percentage of marks are eligible to apply for the Civil Services examination as far as the educational requirement for the same is concerned.

For more details regarding the Civil Services examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?