15th July 2019, 06:20 PM
Unregistered

Percentage required in 12th Jharkhand Board exam to become an IPS Officer?

I am studying in 12th standard from Jharkhand Board. I am average in studies but my aim is to become an IPS Officer. I want to know what percentage I have to secure in my 12th Board exam from this Jharkhand Board so that I can achieve my aim?

18th July 2019, 01:11 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Percentage required in 12th Jharkhand Board exam to become an IPS Officer?

To become an I.P.S Officer, you have to appear and qualify in Civil Service Examination.

It is conducted by UPSC. Examination is conducted in three stages. The eligibility to appear in the examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

The age limit is 21-32 years. Candidate with minimum qualifying marks in bachelor degree are eligible to appear in the examination.

No minimum required aggregate in 12th to appear in the examination. For more information visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
18th July 2019, 03:50 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Percentage required in 12th Jharkhand Board exam to become an IPS Officer?

The full form of IPS is Indian Police Services.

1. The minimum academic qualification required to apply for IPS examination called Civil Services is bachelor's degree in any stream from a recognized stream.

2. Age criteria is 21-32 years for general category candidates.

Candidates with passing percentage of marks in 12th after bachelor's degree can apply for Civil Services exam.
18th July 2019, 05:49 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

The first thing I would like to let you know is that to be an IPS i.e; Indian Police Service Officer, you are required to qualify the Civil Services examination held by UPSC once every year.

Further, the minimum education required to appear in the Civil Services examination is a bachelor's degree in any stream from a recognized university. There is no requirement of minimum marks to be secured in graduation degree or at Class level for appearing in the same examination and therefore to become an IPS officer.

So, being a student of Class 12th, you do not have to worry about the minimum mark which you need to secure in Class 12th or graduation degree to achieve your aim.

For complete details regarding the Civil Services examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?