24th May 2016, 06:42 PM
Unregistered

Possibility to become an IFS Officer for NIOS student?

Hi Friends,
I am an NIOS student of 12th standard and taken Biology, Physics, Chemistry, EVS and English. Please help me to know that how to get 90% in Board exam?My aim to become an IFS Officer. So I want to concentrate on Biology to do further B.Sc in Wildlife Biology. It is possible to become an IFS Officer as I am an NIOS student?

25th May 2016, 11:57 AM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to become an IFS Officer for NIOS student?

Yes, you are eligible to become an I.F.S Officer after pursuing 10+2 from NIOS. The examination is conducted by UPSC and minimum required qualification to appear for examination is bachelor degree from any recognised university.

So, you are eligible to appear in examination after bachelor degree.

To score 90% and above in board examination only option is to work hard and smart. You need to go through mock test and solve previous year questions topic wise.
25th May 2016, 07:46 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can become Indian Forest Service Officer if you pursue 10+2 from National Institute of Open Schooling. NIOS is recognized board for conducting board exams at 10th and 10+2 level. For becoming IFS officer, you will have to crack Civil Services examination and interview.

How to get 90% marks in board exams:

>>The one and only key to excel in any exam is to practice question by understanding fundamentals and basic concepts of each and every subjects. You need to first of all see syllabus then make a routine for each and every subject and work according to it.

>>Give special emphasis on subject in which you feel that you are weak and can not score well. Once you finish your syllabus start solving previous year papers to confidence and check how much you have understood things. Revise things as much as possible.

>>In examination, write answers in neat and clean way, make sure presentation is good and handwriting is key to gain some extra marks.
25th May 2016, 08:52 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi Friends,
I am an NIOS student of 12th standard and taken Biology, Physics, Chemistry, EVS and English. Please help me to know that how to get 90% in Board exam?My aim to become an IFS Officer. So I want to concentrate on Biology to do further B.Sc in Wildlife Biology. It is possible to become an IFS Officer as I am an NIOS student?
NIOS certificate is valid for IFS entrance exam. So after completion of B.Sc in Biology, you are eligible for IFS entrance exam.

Those candidates who have completed graduation degree from a recognized university in Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology or a degree in Agriculture or Forestry or Engineering are eligible for IFS exam.

Final year student are also eligible for IFS exam.

Your age should be in between 21 to 30 years.
25th May 2016, 08:57 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

For IFS officer you need to complete graduation first in the desired field according to eligibility criteria. As far as admission in degree is concerned there shouldn't be any problem for an NIOS candidate.
Hence, it is possible to become an IFS officer after cracking UPSC exam for an NIOS candidate. Hence, just be prepared for the written exam and interview.
26th May 2016, 12:27 AM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Hi Friends,
Yes, you can become an IFS Officer after you studied in NIOS. As you mentioned you want to become an Indian Forest Service (IFS) Officer, the eligibility to appear for the Civil Services Examination is a Bachelor’s degree with at least one of the following subjects; Veterinary science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology, Agriculture, Forestry. So you have to study graduation first in any one of the subjects given above. You have to clear first the preliminary examinations and then appear for Mains Examination & Interview. The examinations are conducted by UPSC, the website link is
Official website.
26th May 2016, 12:55 AM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Hi Friends,
Yes, it is possible for you to become a IFS officer. You are required to complete Graduation or its equivalent qualification to be eligible for IFS officer post. Those who interested to become a IFS officer must appear in Civil Service exam conducted by the UPSC.

Eligibility Criteria:

- The candidate must Bachelor Degree in science stream with Veterinary science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology, Agriculture, Forestry from a recognized board. Final year candidates are also eligible to apply.

- The candidate age should be not less than 21 years and not more than 32 years and 3 years relaxation applicable for OBC category candidates and 5 years relaxation will be applicable for SC/ST category candidates.

Official website - UPSC
28th May 2016, 05:18 PM
Adhayay

Yes, you are eligible to become IFS Officer. All the student who give their 10+2 board exam from NIOS are eligible to give Civil Services exam which are conducted by UPSC.
Minimum education is required for civil exams graduation degree. After your graduation you can give civil exams.
28th May 2016, 05:28 PM
Adhayay

And for getting good percentage in your exams you have to realy work hard. With hard work and strong willpower one can achieve what he or she want.
You have practise all the questions which you feel it was difficult to solve.
Mock tests are best ways to get good percentage in your exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?