12th February 2015, 08:55 PM
Unregistered

Procedure to apply and qualification required to join Indian Army for 12th passed girl candidate?

Hello
i am a girl who have completed high school last year
and want to get into the indian army.
I want to know the procedures to take before i can get there.
Please what qualification is required there?
waiting for your reply

13th February 2015, 12:27 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to apply and qualification required to join Indian Army for 12th passed girl candidate?

Female candidates are not eligible for Indian Army post after 12th standard.

Procedure for NDA exam:-

1.Written test
2.Physical test
3.Medical
4.Interview

Written test is conducted by UPSC but others 3 steps are conducted by SSB.

NDA stands for National Defence Service exam. NDA Examination is conducted for 3 wings-Indian Air Force, Indian Navy and Indian Army.

The candidate's who have completed the 12th standard from a recognized board or equivalent exam are eligible for NDA exam. Final year of 12th standard candidate are eligible for NDA exam.

Your age should be in between to 16.5 years to 19 years. There is no age relaxation for SC/ST candidates.

Candidates are required to apply online by using the website www.upsconline.nic.in
13th February 2015, 07:31 PM
coolshaaz

Default Re: Procedure to apply and qualification required to join Indian Army for 12th passed girl candidate?

Girl candidate cannot join Indian Army just after 12th Examination.
Girl candidate can only apply after graduation.
One have to apply for the CDS Exam which is conducted by UPSC twice every year in February and august.

Eligibility:

1. Nationality: A candidates must either be:
(i) a Citizen of India, or
(ii) a subject of Bhutan, or
(iii) a subject of Nepal

2. Age limits:
(i) Indian Military Academy: 19-24 Years
(ii) Naval Academy: 19-22 Years
(iii) Air Force Academy: 19-23 Years
(iv) Officers' Training Academy: 19-25 Years

3. Educational Qualifications:
(i) IMA & OTA: A passed degree from a recognized University or equivalent.
(ii) Naval Academy : A passed degree in B.Sc with Physics and Mathematics or Bachelor of Engineering.
(iii) Air Force Academy : A passed degrre in B.Sc with Physics and/or Mathematics or Bachelor of Engineering.
13th February 2015, 08:07 PM
harishydv
Senior Member+

After completion of 12th a girl candidate cannot join in Indian Army. Girl can apply only after completing the graduation.

Eligibility criteria for applying Indian Army:

* You should have completed your graduation.

* Age limit must between 19-24 years.

* Candidate should be unmarried.

* Candidate should be a Citizen of India.

* Minimum height for girls is 152cm for joining in army.
13th February 2015, 09:33 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

No, you cannot join in Indian Army being a Female candidate. Only Unmarried Male candidates are eligible to join in Indian Army by appearing in NDA examination which is conducted by UPSC twice a year. Eligibility Criteria required to join in Indian Army by appearing in NDA examination is mentioned below :-

1. You must be a citizen of India.

2. You must have completed 12th standard or equivalent from a recognised board.

3. You must be in between 16 1/2 to 19 years old.

4. You must be an Unmarried Male candidate.

5. You must be Physically and Mentally fit.

Procedure to Apply :-
Candidates who satisfy the above mentioned eligibility criteria are required to apply online through UPSC official website http://www.upsconline.nic.in/.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?