26th October 2018, 11:21 PM
Unregistered

Procedure to join Defence Service for 12th Science student?

Hello Sir, I am pursuing my 12th standard with Science stream. I am interested to get work in Defence Service. My aim is that I want to join Defence Service. So, I want to know how can I join this Defence Service?

31st October 2018, 08:12 AM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to join Defence Service for 12th Science student?

To join Defence Services after completion of your 12th standard, you have to appear in UPSC NDA examination. Eligibility criteria required to apply for UPSC NDA examination is mentioned below :-

--> You should be a citizen of India.

--> You should have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination from a Government recognised board.

--> You should be in the age range of 16.5 to 19.5 years.

--> You should be an unmarried male candidate.

--> You should be physically as well as mentally healthy.
31st October 2018, 09:49 AM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

NDA is conducted for recruitment in defence service. The examination is conducted by UPSC twice in a year.

The eligibility to appear in the examination is that candidate must have passed or pursuing in 12th from a recognised board. The age limit is 16.5-19.5 years.

Only male candidates are eligible to appear in the examination. The examination is conducted in two stages - Written and SSB.

So, if you will qualify in the entrance examination then you are eligible for recruitment in defence service.
31st October 2018, 10:50 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Candidates pursuing in 12th and interested in defence services can appear for NDA examination.

It is conducted by UPSC twice in a year. The age limit is 16.5-19.5 years. Only male candidates are eligible to appear in the examination.

Examination is conducted in two stages. You have to appear and qualify in written and SSB for final selection.

The examination is conducted for selection in Indian Army, Navy and Air Force. For more information visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
31st October 2018, 02:19 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Candidates can join defence service as an officer or on various other post.

To join candidate have to appear and qualify in the entrance examination. The age limit varies with examination.

For NDA entry the age limit is 16.5-19.5 years. You have to qualify in all the stages of examination for final recruitment.
31st October 2018, 02:28 PM
mayank1610

You should prepare NDA 2019 exams. It is conducted twice a year. The dates for NDA 1 2019 is 21st April 2019 and 17th November 2019 for NDA II 2019.
31st October 2018, 05:23 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Being a Class 12th student, you are eligible to join Indian defense services after completion of your Class 12th only if you are an unmarried Indian male candidate.

Further, to join as a commissioned officer, you need to join NDA (National Defense Academy) by qualifying NDA entrance examination. Also, for appearing in the same examination, your age need toi lie within 16.5 years to 19.5 years.

While for joining as an junior commissioned officer or sailor or airmen, you need to qualify their respective recruitment examination by satisfying its eligibility criteria.

For details regarding different opportunities available in Indian defense services, you can refer to links www.joinindianarmy.nic.in, www.joinindiannavy.gov.in and www.careerairforce.nic.in.
1st November 2018, 07:36 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

You can appear for NDA exam, which is the best option after class 12th, for officer level posts in Defense services. Selection will be based on written exam and interview.

There are other non officer posts too in Army, Air Force and Navy for class 12th students. You can even apply for those. Selection is based on written exam and physical fitness tests.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?