5th June 2015, 09:20 AM
Unregistered

Should I reappear for 11th and 12th class with biology subjects in order to do appear for Medical Entrance exams?

dear sir/maam
I have passed my 12th class in 2012 in non-medical stream.now i want to do m.b.b.s,so,do i need to reappear in both 11th and 12th biology or only 12th will do? Also,if i reappear in 12th boards then do i need to give only biology exam or all the exams again?

5th June 2015, 10:37 AM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I reappear for 11th and 12th class with biology subjects in order to do appear for Medical Entrance exams?

Yes, you can't appear for Medical Entrance Exams without Biology in 11th or 12th.
You have to complete your 11th and 12th again.
You can pursue your 11th and 12th from NIOS also. NIOS will provide you admission in 11th and 12th class through correspondence.
5th June 2015, 11:32 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I reappear for 11th and 12th class with biology subjects in order to do appear for Medical Entrance exams?

If you belong to Non Medical stream, then you cannot apply for any Medical Entrance Examinations with the educational qualification you have at present. And Yes, you are required to choose and study Biology as one of the subjects in both 11th and 12th Classes in order to be eligible for Medical Entrance Examination. One the major requirements or eligibility criteria you are required to meet is,

>> Candidates must have completed 12th Class in 10+2 pattern from Senior School Certificate Examination or Intermediate Science from a recognized university.

>> Candidates must have passed "Physics, Chemistry, English and Biology" subjects in order to be eligible for Medical Entrance Examinations.

If you are willing to appear in Medical Entrance Examinations, then you are required to Biology medical related subjects both in 11th and 12th Classes and you are required to pursue those subjects again to be eligible for appearing in Medical Entrance Examinations.
5th June 2015, 12:18 PM
vanisunshine.vani
Senior Member++

Dear if you had made in your mind to do MBBS ,then you must have done HSC or intermediate in science stream.

No you can not go alone with 12th in science stream.

You had to do 11th and 12th standard in science stream(biology,maths,physics)

12th board is continous part of 11th standard.

So if you want to do mbbs you have to do intermediate i.e 11th,12th step wise
5th June 2015, 06:13 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

No dear you have to restart your 12th after completion of 10th if you want to do MBBS. The reason is Only the candidates who have completed 12th with Biology, Physics and Chemistry are the main subjects have a chance to appear for MBBS entrance exam.

No other candidates will have a chance to appear for MBBS. So you can again study 11th and 12th with BIPC. There is No way to do MBBS with Non science stream.

So you have to rethink on this issue and take a good decision about your career. If you want to do a MBBS sincerely then can opt BIPC in your 11th. No candidates will allow for Entrance exam with MPC in your 12th.

Finally I would like to say that you can restart your 11th and 12th. Or you can continue with present stream and then chose B.Pharmacy or Biotechnology or Chemical Engineering after 12th with MPC.
1st July 2019, 04:08 AM
Unregistered

Respected Authority, I have complete my 12th board exams in PCM in the year 2014 and now I''m a graduate from IIT Kharagpur(Graduated in this year 2019) and currently working as a software engineer. But I always wanted to be docter. But I haven't opted biology as my subject in my 12th Andhra Pradesh State Board exam. Is there way for me to re-appear for 12th biology exam or any other equivalent exam which could full-fill the elligibility required to re-appear for both AIMS and NEET medical entrance exam?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?