23rd February 2015, 06:17 PM
Unregistered

Is there any special quota available in JEE Main for CBSE student?

Hello
Is there a quota in JEE Main
for CBSE students as m doing
12th science from CBSE so
kindly tell me about this

Related Questions:
  1. How to prepare for JEE Main being CBSE student?
  2. Will I be able to appear in JEE Advance if securing rank under 10,000 in JEE Main and secured 70.2% in 12th CBSE being a ST candidate?
  3. Will I be able to appear in JEE Advance if securing rank under 10,000 in JEE Main and secured 70.2% in 12th CBSE being a ST candidate?
  4. Syllabus, suitable books for preparation and qualifying marks in JEE Main for Gujarati student?
  5. Can I reappear in 12th CBSE Board exam after a gap of 2 years?
  6. What would be the home state for the candidate who has completed 12th and appeared in JEE Main both from different states? For which state candidate can avail state quota seat?
  7. CBSE or Gujarat State Board, which one covers the format of JEE Mains? Whose priority is more at the time of admission at any engineering college in Gujarat?
  8. Percentage required in 12th CBSE to appear in JEE Advanced?
  9. Can I get admission in any government college if scored 61 marks in JEE Mains and expecting 85% in 12th CBSE?
  10. Which college will get after scoring 82 marks in JEE Main?
  11. Can I give JEE Main next year if appear in Maths compartmental?
  12. Can I get admission in any NIT after scoring 36 marks in JEE mains? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. What subject should I choose in 11th and 12th CBSE or State Board to appear for JEE Main and Advance?
  14. Should I prepare and give jee main again or get admitted to any college? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. When will I get the form of AIEEE? What is the cost and date? -- [Most Discussed]
  16. Will my JEE form get rejected by mistake in demand draft
  17. Whether a candidate is eligible to appear in Jee Main on behalf of MP-PET if exhausted 3 chances for applying in colleges of Madhya Pradesh?
  18. Can I get admission in DAIICT after scoring 144 main marks in JEE?
24th February 2015, 12:29 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is there any special quota available in JEE Main for CBSE student?

No, there is no any reserved quota in JEE main exam for CBSE students. But, some seats are reserved for the students, who are belonging to reserved categories like
->Scheduled Castes (SC)
->Scheduled Tribes (ST)
->Other Backward Classes (OBC)
->Persons with Disability (PwD)
If you belong to any of the above categories, then you are eligible to get admission under reserved quota. And to get admission under reserved quota, you have submit proper documents at the time of admission in proof of your category.
4th April 2015, 11:42 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

No there is no quota available for the CBSE candidates in the JEE Mains examination conducted by CBSE . But there is reservation on the basis of category on the qualifying marks :--
There are different marks for
General.
OBC.
SC/ST .
and PWD .

So if you belongs to these then you will be given reservation on qualifying marks .
5th April 2015, 11:50 AM
chintu helper
Senior Member++

No , there is no special quota for CBSE students in JEE Exam but CBSE study pattern and syllabus definitely helps in JEE exam
there are other reserved quota are present for candidates according to their cast

==> OBC - 27%
==> SC - 15%
==> ST - 7.5%
==> PWD (Persons with Disability) - 3%
==> BC-NCL (Backward Classes if they belong to the Non-Creamy Layer)

Note: BC-NCL candidates will have to satisfy the cast and non-creamy layer requirements as per the National Commission of Backward Classes (NCBC) guidelines

Other categories that are applicable are:
==> J & K Migrants
==> Defence

**Steps to Claim Reservation for JEE Main
1). All candidates belonging to the mentioned categories must specify the details in the JEE Main 2014 Application Form.
2). The category claimed during the JEE Main 2014 Application Process must be backed by documents from the specified authorities.
3). These documents must be furnished during the JEE Main 2014 counselling for verification and subsequent admission.
4).Candidates unable to furnish the specified category proof will be considered under the open category and stand to lose the benefits of the reservation policy for the respective category
5th April 2015, 02:58 PM
amanshrivastava98

No, there is no such quota related to the board of education of a candidate appearing in any examination.

There are reservations in the examinations as follows :

* SC (Scheduled Caste)

* ST (Scheduled Tribe)

* OBC (Other Backward Class)

* PH (Physically handicapped)

* Women Quota
5th April 2015, 06:33 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

No there is no any special quota in JEE Main for CBSE students .

There is provision of relaxation in qualifications marks for different categories like Other backward castes , Scheduled caste/tribes & PWDs .

Some seats are reserved in IITs for above mentioned categories as per government rules and regulations .
5th April 2015, 07:07 PM
DineshKumar_01

No, There is no special quota available in JEE main for CBSE student. But some seats are reserved for the students belongs to the following categories:

1. Other Backward Classes (OBC)
2. Persons with Disability (PwD)
3. Scheduled Castes (SC)
4. Scheduled Tribes (ST)

If you belong to these categories then you get a reserved seat in the JEE main.
5th April 2015, 09:52 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

JEE Main examination conducted by CBSE for admission in various colleges for B.Tech and B.E courses.

No there is no reservation for the CBSE candidates in the examination . But there is reservation on cut off marks for reserved category candidates . There is different cut off marks for each of :-

General , OBC and SC/ST and PWD candidates .
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?