17th January 2016, 06:13 PM
Unregistered

What is the minimum age requirement for LKG admission in ICSE schools?

I want to get admission for my son in LKG next year. I want to get him admitted in schools which comes under ICSE board. So tell me about the minimum age requirement?

17th January 2016, 07:17 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the minimum age requirement for LKG admission in ICSE schools?

The minimum age required for your child to get admission in LKG in ICSE schools is 3 years 6 months. Actually, there is no specific minimum age criteria required for getting admission in LKG in ICSE school. But, to be eligible to appear in 10th standard board examinations, the minimum age required is 15 years. So, when your child has attained the minimum age of 3 years 6 months, you can join him in LKG in ICSE school.
17th January 2016, 09:44 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the minimum age requirement for LKG admission in ICSE schools?

Age of candidate must be at least 3 years in order to get admission in LKG in ICSE schools at the time of admission.
If your son is of 3 years age then you can admit your son to LKG in any ICSE school of your choice.
Age limit for admission in LKG is from 3 years to 4 years.
17th January 2016, 11:19 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Minimum Age Criteria for LKG Admission in ICSE Schools:

The minimum age required for getting admission into LKG class in ICSE schools is "4 years". Age criteria required for LKG, UKG and other classes basically varies in order to pursue in ICSE (Indian Certificate of Secondary Education) based schools. Where as the minimum age criteria required for UKG class in ICSE schools is "5 years". Before you join him in ICSE Schools, make sure your son's age is more than 4 years.
22nd January 2016, 01:44 PM
sahithya.n

Average age of kids in nursery is 3 years, in LKG 4 years and in UKG 5 years. Though this varies greatly for different schools because all schools have their own age cut-off criteria.

Many schools in Bangalore, specially ICSE schools, seem to follow this criteria - a child seeking admission in LKG should have completed 3 years 10 months as on 1st June of the academic session. Many other schools follow the 3 years 8 months criteria while few schools follow 3 years 6 months or 3 years 3 months or even 3 years too.
16th February 2016, 11:57 PM
Unregistered

My daughter was born in 9-6-2012 now she is studying in LKG. Weather she will have right age for attending the ICSE 10th public exam in future.please reply me.
16th April 2016, 09:44 PM
Unregistered

My daughter date of birth 30.05.2008 .now she passed 3standard in ICSE School.but in CBSE school told not eligibile to fourth standard based on age.what I do ?
30th May 2017, 09:20 PM
Unregistered

MY SON AGE IS 5.6 YEARS FOR JUNE 2017 WE WANT TO ADMIT FOR FIRST STANDARD ICSE WHAT IS THE AGE LIMIT.
5th January 2018, 05:51 PM
Unregistered

My daughter dob is 11 .07.2014 I want to join her in lkg icse school but they are mention in the notice that they will take children who dob should be within 30 .5.2014
31st March 2018, 04:44 PM
Unregistered

Date of birth is 01.01.2015 does the child get her admission in LPG in Icse,? Some schools say yes some say no what should I do? Confused and it's a matter of my child's future
11th September 2018, 10:44 AM
Unregistered

My daughter birth is 24 march 2015 we want to admit for ukg for icse what is the age limit
22nd September 2018, 07:32 PM
Unregistered

My daughter's date of birth i 18-09-2015.Can she join LKG in bangalore. reply me.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?