15th June 2017, 12:53 AM
Unregistered

Will other subject marks will be added to PCM to calculate the percentage?

Sir, if I score only 105 marks in PCM and 60% in HSC exam. I have one more subject in HSC exam name as electronics, then electronics marks are added in PCM score.

15th June 2017, 11:30 AM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Will other subject marks will be added to PCM to calculate the percentage?

No, the other subjects marks are not included in the marks secured in PCM subjects. If you are trying to opt for higher studies in science/engineering stream then your selection will based on the marks secured in PCM subjects and also the aggregate marks including all the subjects. But, if you are interested to pursue some other course excluding science stream, then you don't need PCM marks. You will just need the total average marks secured in all the subjects.
15th June 2017, 01:33 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Will other subject marks will be added to PCM to calculate the percentage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, if I score only 105 marks in PCM and 60% in HSC exam. I have one more subject in HSC exam name as electronics, then electronics marks are added in PCM score.

The marks scored in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics, are taken to calculate the percentage in various colleges for admission. In some colleges, they will take PCM and English or another subject to calculate the percentage for admission. Some colleges take PCM and Computer Science for calculating the percentage. Therefore, you have to check the details with the college you wish to join. Most of the colleges take four subjects (800 marks) for calculating the percentage for cutoff.
15th June 2017, 02:17 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

The percentage of PCM is calculate as the total marks obtained in PCM multiply by 100 divided by total marks of PCM.
Sorry to say that Electronics subject marks will not be added to PCM.
PCM percentage marks only depends on the marks obtained in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
15th June 2017, 03:46 PM
raziaexpert
Banned

No, electronics subjects will not be added in PCM subject, both of the subjects are different in their aspect. Only PCM marks will be included in the subject and not any other subjects.
15th June 2017, 09:12 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

As far as you are concerned about the formula for calculating the aggregate in PCM then it is very simple as overall aggregate in PCM includes the marks secured in Phyics, Chemistry and Mathematics paper only.

Further as far as you are concerned about marks secured in Electronics to be added in the aggregate managed in PCM then it cannot be added. Further it can be added in the marks when the aggregate in best three subjects or in best four subjects in calculated but not when marks in PCM group is calculated.
16th June 2017, 12:19 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

No, the other subject marks will not be added to PCM to calculate the percentage. To calculate your 12th standard percentage, you can combine all your 12th standard subjects examinations marks. If you want to calculate only PCM percentage then, you need to take only Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects marks into consideration for calculating the PCM percentage of your 12th standard.
16th June 2017, 12:52 AM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Look, if you are planning to do B.Tech or any other professional course based on Science subjects, then according to the norms, you must have to score a minimum of 50% of marks in PCM separately and you must have to score at least 50% of marks in aggregate in your class 12th in order to be eligible for the above mentioned courses.
21st July 2017, 09:53 PM
Unregistered

If my physics paper is for 90 marks(theory 60,practicals 30) chemistry also for 90 marks (theory 60, practicals3 0) maths 1A for 75 marks and Maths 1B for 75 marks English for 100 marks telugu for 100 marks how i have to calculate my best of four %for DU?
8th May 2020, 12:14 PM
Unregistered

Sir i have pcm group but my other one subject is computer science so how to added computer science subject marks in pcm
15th July 2020, 09:53 PM
Unregistered

How do they dividee for pcm electronic students ?
22nd July 2020, 09:33 PM
Unregistered

What areCompulsory subjects to calculate group Mark's ?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?