27th November 2013, 11:36 PM
Unregistered

Which course provides more career opportunities BBA or B.Com?

Sir, I have yet not decide for MBA. I want to know among Bcom and BBA courses which of them provides more oppotunities. Can I choose CA or CS after BBA. Pl. provide detail carrier opportunities after BBA.
Thanks...

28th November 2013, 10:08 PM
Support
Forum Staff

Thumbs up Re: Which course provides more career opportunities BBA or B.Com?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, I have yet not decide for MBA. I want to know among Bcom and BBA courses which of them provides more oppotunities. Can I choose CA or CS after BBA. Pl. provide detail carrier opportunities after BBA.
Thanks...
B.Com (Bachelor of Commerce) and BBA (Bachelor of Business Administration) are two variants of one common parent which is Administration and Commerce. Now if you are going to take up BBA then Administration and related subjects will be the most you will be learning and little on Commerce but if you are going to take B.Com then it will be the Commerce and related subject more and less of Administration. Both the courses will take 6 semesters to complete which is 3 years in full.

Now the first thing which you need to make yourself clear is about which course you are going to take for UG, is it going to be B.Com or BBA? If you are sure that you don't want to try out MBA then the best for you to take will be B.Com as you have the option of opting for Computers and Management major in it and then try out CA (Charted Accountant) or CS (Computer Science) but if you feel that MBA will be good too then BBA will be the best option as it's more related to Business Administration topic which is again core for doing MBA.

The second thing which you need to do after selecting the UG course is to make a clear decision on which majors you are going to take. If you are planning for CA as your PG course and planned to go with B.com then you can take up either one of Audit, Accounting, Economics, Management, Banking, Business Economics as your Majors and if you are going to take up BBA then Accounting, Economics, Management Information Systems will be best as majors. So there isn't much difference if you are going to do CA after taking up BBA or BCA.

If you want to take up CS then the better one will be B.Com with Computers and Management and BBA will not be a best option for it as the subjects covered in BBA will not give you more exposure to Computer related subjects.

It's not only CA or CS which you can do after completing BBA or BCA, there are still lot more opportunities available as like Master of Finance (MFin), Master of Accounting(MAcc), Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Management Accountant (CMA) and so on. Now don't get confused on all these courses you just try to decide on the UG course between B.Com and BBA then once you are heading to your final year for sure you will get an idea of what needs to be done next! Always keep in mind many can suggest courses and tell you to do the one which gives a better future which pays you up but you cannot excel in it unless you have the interest to do it. So, take your time check what you are more interested in and take up that course.
17th February 2014, 01:32 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Which course provides more career opportunities BBA or B.Com?

Hello sir/madam
I would like to kniw I there career scope if I take cs with bba?
1st May 2014, 02:02 PM
Unregistered

hello i m sushma
i just gave 12th exam and now i m confused what to do next can you please suggest me?
4th June 2014, 09:32 PM
navya8514

Thumbs up Re: Which course provides more career opportunities BBA or B.Com?

Which course is better for an mpc student for mba, whether BBA or B Com?
7th September 2014, 03:39 PM
Elasaran

Smile Re: Which course provides more career opportunities BBA or B.Com?

Bba give more career opportunities for u. More trending knowledge in tht course . U could do ur own business also. Career opportunities more.
11th September 2014, 01:49 PM
poojamit
Member+

Both the course will take 6 semesters to completion. You can choose the best as per your interest.
15th September 2014, 05:06 PM
Devdatta Divekar

BBA would provide you more career options. After completion of the course, you can seek jobs sectors such as finance, HR, consulting and sales and marketing.
30th May 2015, 10:16 AM
Unregistered

I am 35 yrs old .did my bba in tnou. Will I get a job. So what shall do next in mba and any additional course what I have to do .. pls suggest me .What to do ????
3rd June 2015, 08:11 PM
Unregistered

I got 46% in 12 the commerce what I should do in future in bcom or bba
9th June 2015, 12:35 AM
Unregistered

I am interested in business studis so I am opting for b.b.a can I go in this field without maths
3rd April 2019, 08:00 PM
Unregistered

I am an average student studying 12th std ,I have been confused to take which group BBA OR B.COM
3rd group( business mathametics and statics )group
25th September 2021, 01:31 PM
Wasma sanober

B. Com has more scope than BBA, as B. com offers more job than BBA as graduate level, However for the BBA students to enhance their chances of getting job is to pursue an MBA after BBA.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?