23rd April 2016, 11:30 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to do the LLB course after completion of graduation course with 40% marks?

i am now engaged in a company handeling its direct and indirect tax and i need a llb degree .I completed graduation in commerce below 40.00% marks , is bar consul registered me
please advice

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to do LLB course after completion of graduation with 41% marks? What is the age criteria followed to do the LLB course?
  2. Am I eligible to do the LLB course after completion of graduation course with 40% marks? -- [New]
  3. Am I eligible to get admission for LLB in Calcutta University after completion of graduation in political science with 59% marks?
  4. Am I eligible to get admission for doing Law after completion of BA graduation course with 38% marks?
  5. Am I eligible to get admission for LLB after completion of graduation from IGNOU?
  6. What is the procedure followed to get admission for LLB course after completion of B.Com?
  7. Requirement of percentage of marks in graduation to do LLB course? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. Procedure of admission in LLB course after graduation being a repeater in B.Com last year?
  9. What is the procedure followed to do LLB course after completion of post graduation?
  10. Can I do LLB coure after completion of BA graduation course?
  11. Eligibility of doing LLB after B.Com and application procedure for the same?
  12. Am I eligible to do CS course after completion of LLB course?
  13. Can i take admission in Law course at 34 years age?
  14. Candidate having 40% in graduation is eligible to study LLB?
  15. Am I eligible to do 3 yeas LLB course after completion of graduation with 46% marks and age 46 years?
  16. Can I be eligible to apply for LLB after completing graduation with 40% score
  17. Am I eligible to apply for LLB course after completion of BBA graduation course?
  18. Am I eligible to take admission for LLB in DU after completion of Graduation from JNVU?
24th April 2016, 12:42 AM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do the LLB course after completion of graduation course with 40% marks?

No, you are not eligible to apply for LLB course.

The minimum criteria to apply for LLb degree is that the candidate must have passed graduation with above 45% marks in aggregate from a recognized college/ univeristy.

Being securing below 40% marks in graduation, you are not eligible to apply for LLB degree course.
24th April 2016, 12:13 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do the LLB course after completion of graduation course with 40% marks?

LLB stands for Bachelor of Legislative Law and it is three year duration course after bachelor degree.

The admission in the course is offered after qualifying in the entrance examination conducted by the respective university. The minimum required aggregate to appear for examination varies for different university.

Even some.of universities allows candidates passed with minimum passing percentage to appear for examination.

So, you need to visit the respective university website for more information about the admission procedure.
24th April 2016, 02:35 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

No, I am sorry to say that you cannot get admission in LLB course after having scored a mere 40% in your 12th boards.

You need to have scored at least a minimum of 55% in aggregate in order to be eligible for the above mentioned course.
24th April 2016, 04:08 PM
EALP EXPERT
Senior Member+++++

For pursuing the LLB degree Yes you are eligible for LLB course degree after completion of your graduation with 40% marks, but for your kind attention i want to convey you that you will not get admission in any good government institute for studying LLB with only 40% marks in graduation. You have to try in private institutes for pursuing LLB. You can try to appear in the entrance exams for LLB in good colleges like CLAT, LAWCET. If you scored distinct good rank in the entrance exam then you will get admission in any good institute.
24th April 2016, 08:47 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Most of the law entrance exams will ask for 50% marks in degree. In CLAT you need 45% marks in degree to become eligible if you are general category.
Hence, it will be very difficult to become eligible for any law entrance exam with 40% marks in graduation.
24th April 2016, 09:23 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility Criteria Required to do LLB Course:

The minimum percentage required basically varies from the way you go to pursue LLB Course. You may pursue LLB either through CLAT (Common Law Admission Test) or through writing concerned college's common entrance test. In most of the cases, the minimum percentage required in Graduation to pursue this LLB (Bachelor of Law) course is "Graduate Degree" with minimum 40% marks and 35% marks for reserved category candidates. But on the other side, if pursue through LLB then you are not eligible as the minimum percentage required in Graduation is 55% marks for appearing in CLAT Examination. So I suggest you to appear in the concerned college's common entrance examination and score good in the exam to make sure you get seat to pursue this LLB course.
24th April 2016, 09:40 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you will be eligible to do LLB course after completion of graduation course with 40% marks.

LLB stands for Bachelor of Legislative Law.

It is a three year duration course that deals with the various aspects of Law and the Indian Penal Code (IPC)with specialization in civil or criminal law stream.

Admission in most of the Law institutes in India is made based on the entrance examination which is followed by a Personal interview and Group discussion.

Eligibility criteria for LLB course :-

-The candidate should have passed graduation in any stream with a minimum of 40% marks (35% for SC / ST) from a recognized university.

-There will be 2% weightage in mark for the candidates who possess PG degree.
24th April 2016, 10:01 PM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i am now engaged in a company handeling its direct and indirect tax and i need a llb degree .I completed graduation in commerce below 40.00% marks , is bar consul registered me
please advice
Sorry, you are not eligible to do the LLB course after completion of graduation course with 40% marks. The eligibility to study the LLB course is a pass in graduation degree with 45% marks (B.A or B.Com). The aspirant has to appear for an entrance examination for the admission to the course. The course is available in many colleges in India like;
24th April 2016, 10:12 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
please advice
I am sorry that you are ineligible to apply for LLB after completing the graduation with 40% of marks. Most of the LLB universities require at least 45% of marks at Graduation level. Since, you have scored below 45% of marks so there is very less chance for you to LLB admission. However, if you belong from reserved category then its possible to get LLB admission. The basic educational qualification required is given below;

- The applicant must complete Graduation in any discipline from a recognized university. The minimum percentage required for LLB is 45% marks at Graduation level.

- There is no specific age limit.

- The applicant must appear and qualify in the entrance exam conducted by the university or CLAT entrance exam with good marks.
24th April 2016, 10:47 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Minimum eligibility criteria required to pursue LLB degree course is graduation in any discipline from recognised University with minimum 45% marks and 40% in case of SC and ST students. Your age limit should not exceed 30 years.
14th June 2016, 05:08 PM
Expert king

I am sorry to say that you are not eligible for LLB course, because you have only 40% in your graduation.
The eligibility criteria for LLB course are as under :-
-The candidate must have completed graduation with a minimum of 45% marks (40% for reserved category) in any discipline from a recognized university.
- The minimum age limit to apply for the course is 17 years and there is no upper age-limit for admission.
Admission to LLB degree course is done on the basis of separate entrance exams conducted by the concerned university or on the basis of merit only.
3rd June 2019, 12:52 AM
Unregistered

Am an ex servicemen from telangana Am I eligible to do LLB course after completion of graduation with 44.31% marks? What is the age criteria followed to do the LLB course?
25th September 2021, 01:37 PM
Wasma sanober

Yes you are eligible to do LLB but because of your percentage of marks in your graduation and post graduation you might not get addmission in reputated college for LLB and also if you clear the entrance exam there might be difficulty in your addmission because of your percentage.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?