18th May 2010, 01:40 PM
PRIYANVICHU

BSc Physics or BCA? Which course should I prefer for my degree studies?

i passed 12th with 82 % marks. now am in a big problem that which course should i choose. father asked me to have bsc physics. but i prefer bca. which is better? and please provide other courses that i can do?

18th May 2010, 02:25 PM
herpreet singh

Location: herpreet singh s/o sr. kuljeet singh 215/371 harjeet bhawan bhashirat ganj lucknow -226004
Default Re: BSc Physics or BCA? Which course should I prefer for my degree studies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRIYANVICHU View Post
i passed 12th with 82 % marks. now am in a big problem that which course should i choose. father asked me to have bsc physics. but i prefer bca. which is better? and please provide other courses that i can do?
hi iwanna 2 tell u that u can join the bca after that its gud but my preference is that u can join the which ur father prefferd ok bcz fathers alwys choose gud carrer for sons ok i think u have 2 go for father bcz its carrer is gud yaar bsc physics 2 go for in lecturers ok or u can go to mba & but for bca there is a u can go for comuter applcations ok after bca u can go to mca or mba or more ok i think it will helps u & one thing more u can go to MANY COMPUTER COURSES OK GO TO NIIT CENTRE THERE IS ONE COURSE GNIIT & THER IS ONE U CAN DO BSC IT WITH THAT IT PROVIDED U OK I THINK UR QERY IS SOLVED BY ME
18th May 2010, 02:56 PM
Harshita21

Default Re: BSc Physics or BCA? Which course should I prefer for my degree studies?

you passed your 12th standard from science so go for the BSc(physics) it has scope & you can achieve good in physics than BCA .

BCA is common most of the arts student go in tnis field .

So what difference wil remain in arts & science student
18th May 2010, 03:11 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

dear friend

I will suggest you just go for according to your interest, if you like
bca, then its really good. if you are good at computer than you can
prefer B.C.A as it will give you good opportunity to earn well. and now
a days very less qualified persons are there, but after finishing B.C.A if
you pursue M.C.A, it is of more value............

ok
all the best.
18th May 2010, 04:46 PM
Ritu Agrawal

i think you should prefer the degree according to your interest.Suppose if you have interest in computer than you should choseB.C.A because this three year course board your computer knowledge with many lastest skill of computer languages and differ techniques of using it .many other software you can from it.After it there is bset scope nowsdays FOR M,C.A aspriants inglobal world so go for it.Other if you have good marks in physics want to makeyour future in it.its opporunity to get your eye in scientific world , dear finally decision is your common go ahead and change the world . best of luck
18th May 2010, 05:38 PM
Bella
Senior Member++++

your decision depends upon your future plan like if you want to do something related to computer application obviously bca would be the right choice or else you can go for bsc also a good option.
the other corses you an go for are

Courses Available After 12th Career Options XII
Posted by admin
May 16, 2009

courses-after-12th

Courses available after 10th class – Career options for you After 12th

After 10th class there are usually three streams that students always look for and these are Art, Science and commerce. Apart from these general streams, there are many other new courses available in the schools like electronic science, computer science etc. If we talk about the vocational courses after 10th, there is a long list of vocational courses available.

Just engaging with these courses is not enough as the time is too competitive and one has to have more that just their academic knowledge. All of us should at least have basis knowledge of computers which is more in demand now days in al the sectors. So if you are in college and have arts, commerce or science or any other subjects, you must go for basis computer course.

But those who have chosen it field like BCA, MCA must practice hard with computers just basic is not enough. Practice sessions in BCA. MCA are although provided to the students but still not sufficient. It sector is big and vast you need to be advanced. If you have computer at your home you must practice hard for practices.

Big IT Institutions like NIIT, Aptech, Arena, Heights and many more to name proving it education with practice support. You can do your practical session there as you will be provided practice sessions there with good faculties and help. Thus you would be able to grasp much better and deeply.

There are many short term courses, diploma courses available after 12th in the field of Audio Video Editions, camera and lighting, print Broadcast media, animation, visual effects etc.

List of the courses

Bachelor Degree Mass Communication & Journalism Course

Diploma in Film Arts & A/V Editing

Diploma in Animation including 2D & 3D Effects

Diploma in Print Media Journalism & Communications – Six Months

Camera & Lighting Courses

Diploma in Filmmaking & Digital Video Production
18th May 2010, 08:39 PM
prakashbioc

Quote:
Hello,
As of now, both of good, but the Physics is an evergreen subject, having a lot of vacancies including the school teaching, College teaching (if you pursue M.Phil), Army, Navy and Air force in which Physics is the main subject they are preferring and also the Electronics research companies in the public sector are in search of the same. Try this !!!!!
18th May 2010, 10:42 PM
raguks

Cool Re: BSc Physics or BCA? Which course should I prefer for my degree studies?

Quote:
priyan....just do as what your heart says...there is no course that is more perfect...its desire and hardwork with consistency which gives a good future..not the degree alone...
26th May 2010, 09:35 PM
Unregistered

which is better bca or bsc it? plz guide me!!!!!!!!!!!!
27th May 2010, 03:47 AM
sadhan
Senior Member+

dear friend
according to me it will be better for you to take BCA as you have interest on it and it has wide scope like you can do MCA which is demanding course
27th May 2010, 12:13 PM
atanu
Senior Member++

dear friend,
really you have very good marks.now for the next future..if you have interested in the physics then you can take the physics as your father suggested,but if you have no any interest in the physics then now its your turn to decides means you can take bca.
19th June 2010, 05:16 PM
Unregistered

bsc is best as its foundation n coputer...is only oneway...
15th July 2010, 11:48 PM
ansh_ansh
Senior Member++++

you should chose.C.A because this three year course board your computer knowledge with many latest skill of computer languages and differ techniques of using it .many other software you can from it.After it there is best scope,
6th August 2010, 09:42 PM
sparkle
Senior Member+++

Dear friend,

I will suggest you to choose the course you like the most.

Just don't be confused and don't listen to others in this matter as you know the best what what you like to study.

If your father requests you to go with his choice,you calmly make him understand that you are not liking the course he is telling about or you are not suited for that.

More or less both of the courses B.Sc and BCA are promising.

But i will recommend you to go for BCA,as computer application has wide scope of strong future career in software industry.

Good luck!
17th August 2010, 03:25 PM
Unregistered

Dear Friend
I want to BCA in ADMIN,
I CAN DO BCA IN ADMIN
25th August 2010, 10:01 PM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,
there are so many options,if you wanna study on Physics you can take BSC in Physics
if you have interest on Computer then you can take BCA
if you take BSC in Physics you have a option for Ph.D in Physics in future.
Good luck.
28th August 2010, 01:45 AM
Adarshxxx
Senior Member+

dear friend ........

i think you should prefer B.Sc.after b.sc can get good job in govt sector.

if you will take bca then it is fully software course.and job depends on the

market value .....

so, select the b.sc.also you can do management courses.......

best of luck.........
13th September 2010, 09:46 PM
Unregistered

i am a student of B.sc.but now i don't understand what should i do after B.sc. so pls frnds give me
suessions.
14th September 2010, 07:01 PM
vishal619

i think BCA is better option then bsc physics.
because bca contains lots of practical knowledge then bsc physics.
15th September 2010, 03:15 PM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

BSc physics and BCA is totally different course. in BSc Physics you have to study only physics and in BCA you have to study about computer and it's application. presently the market is not so much good for computer. in BSc physics the competition is very high. you have to study more in BSc than in BCA. i will suggest you choose that course in which you have own interest and in which subject you feel comfortable. best of luck.
15th September 2010, 11:54 PM
August
Senior Member+

dear friend

you have scored brilliantly in class 12th. so don't get confused in selecting your career.

first decide that in which field in which you are interested.

B.SC in physics is a good field. there is a good scope of this subject.

after that you can also go for higher studies in physics after that you can also do research in future.

BCA

it is a different field . if you are interested in computer application and want to work in IT firms then go for it.

all the best.
15th September 2010, 11:57 PM
August
Senior Member+

dear friend

you have scored brilliantly in class 12th. so don't get confused in selecting your career.

first decide that in which field in which you are interested.

B.SC in physics is a good field. there is a good scope of this subject.

after that you can also go for higher studies in physics after that you can also do research in future.

BCA

it is a different field . if you are interested in computer application and want to work in IT firms then go for it.

all the best.
16th September 2010, 12:42 AM
mini rani
Senior Member++

HI!

You can either pursue BCA or BSc physics, it all depends up on your interest. Choose a field for which you have a liking because otherwise you will never be satisfied in your life.

You can pursue a no. of other professional degree & diploma courses like:

BBA
BHM
BArch
BE

diploma in retail management
diploma in advertising
diploma in fine arts
21st September 2010, 04:24 PM
vishal619

hi dear,
i think bca is better than bsc physics.
bcoz bca has more practical knowledge.
but if still ur father compel u for bsc thn i will advice u to prefer bsc comp sc.
it is much far better than bsc comp sc.
22nd September 2010, 04:13 PM
Harshita21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i am a student of B.sc.but now i don't understand what should i do after B.sc. so pls frnds give me
suessions.
You can go for MBA as it is a professional degree.But you have to clear CAT/MAT.

You can do MSc. then M.Tech but for M.tech you have to clear GATE.

After BSc. you can get placed in companies like TCS,Wipro etc.
26th September 2010, 01:13 AM
Unregistered

can i do B.E(ENG) after completed my B.Sc(pcm).....? plz tell me
29th September 2010, 10:01 PM
Harshita21

Quote:
You can do B.E is bachelor of engineering then yes you can do it after your B.Sc.
But for B.E you have to take admission on the management.

IF B.E is not bachelor of engineering what it mean? plz. specify it first.
29th September 2010, 11:58 PM
teeks
Senior Member+

you can do bsc it is more better for you to join bsc.so that you can also join b.tech and m.tech also it is more better ok dear
30th September 2010, 01:58 AM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

you see, if you are interested to work with Physics field then you must do BSc Physics .

specially if you want to do research oriented jobs, then BSc Physics is compulsary.

but if you are not interested to work in your Physics field, then it is essential to do bca.

but one things you shoud remember, for getting promotion in company, mca or MBA is essentially required after bca.

all the best.......
30th September 2010, 08:18 AM
NITIN2
Senior Member+

Dear friend

off course you can take admission in BE after BSc, but you have to face entrance test like AIEE, BCECE, WBJEE for it on your +2 basis.After getting rank in these exam you will get admission in BE colleges.

TAHNK YOU
30th September 2010, 05:53 PM
kool
Senior Member++

Thumbs up Re: BSc Physics or BCA? Which course should I prefer for my degree studies?

Quote:
dear friend,

If your ultimate goal is to do BE then why you want to do B.Sc? i could not understand what you actual want to do in future.

Because for admission in BE/B.Tech you can apply after +2, so it is not a good decision to do B.Sc.

But choice is yours.

good luck.
30th September 2010, 10:31 PM
meeria

dear friend

it is totaly depend on you because your interesting about which subject .
both are good subject

if you do B.sc in physics after that you can do MBA given qualifying exam CAT or MAT......
if you do M.sc after that you can do M.tech by qualifying exam GATE.

if you do BCA after that you can do MBA by given qualifying exam CAT or MAT......
if you do MCA after that you can do M.tech by qualifying exam GATE.
as you wish

have a good day
30th September 2010, 11:07 PM
Harshita21

Quote:
Your father decision is correct BCA is common for all students whether for arts, science or commerce.

BSc. is only for Science side students . BSc.(IT)/BSc.(CSE)/BSc.(Electronics)
you can take admission in any of these course & you will easily get the seat as your marks are good.
30th September 2010, 11:40 PM
yogeshkumarsoni

dear friend

ok
all the best.
30th September 2010, 11:55 PM
babydoll

Hi!
Hey don't get confused, choose acording to your choice of interest. If you like computers then apply for IITjee,aieee and take admission in the B.Tech(computer science). If you want to go for research and lecturership job then go for the B.Sc physics.
But choose B.Tech instead of BCA ok.
Good luck!!
2nd October 2010, 12:56 AM
mseetharamster

If you are interested in physics go for Bsc physics......
If interested in computers go for BCA.............

if planning for IAS anyone will be okey....
But concerned with the job status....you can get through BCA if you do it in a good college.......
2nd October 2010, 10:21 AM
Mansi Gandhi

obviously if you are a BSC. physics you are preffered but you can still do BCA as it is your choice and may be you can do much better in that and may even get a better salary than a BSc one........
so it is absolutely your choice as what you want to do .....
but do with something which you like and not which your father likes..
28th October 2010, 12:26 AM
shreyasriv

You have 83% marks in 12th , then you should prefer B.Sc if your science (physics)subject is good to you otherwise you can do BCA which has more demand in student.
31st October 2010, 09:45 PM
Sachin Narayan

Hi,
If u r interested in BCA convince ur parents for this tell them that BCA is ur wish. Dont fall in dilemma just be focussed, and go for BCA. U should have told here that what was ur stream in 12. Any way just go for ur dream. best of luck
thank you
31st October 2010, 09:52 PM
Sachin Narayan

Hi,
U should go for BCA, follow ur interest, and convince ur parents.
Dont fall in dilemma just be focussed on ur career, U should have provided here that what was ur stream in 12 but any way u should live for ur dream and if its BCA go for it.
thank you
9th November 2010, 01:12 PM
megha ram singh

Thumbs up Re: BSc Physics or BCA? Which course should I prefer for my degree studies?

You should go for the course in which you are interested much, both the courses are good in themselves

you can opt any one of the two..
29th April 2011, 01:39 PM
strange_rahul
Senior Member+

You can go for BCA , BCA is good option and after completion BCA you can go for further study MCA.......... and after completion of MCA you will get good job in software companies......
17th May 2011, 05:14 PM
Unregistered

What should i do after completing B.sc(physics and stats) with 53% marks.is Mca is beneficial for me?
30th May 2011, 01:20 PM
Unregistered

name of good colleges in mumbai for BCA
5th August 2011, 10:31 PM
Unregistered

BSC Physics or BSC C.sci? which course shoud I prefer for my degree studies?
Give the names of good colleges of ARTS AND SCIENCE.
6th August 2011, 12:48 AM
balathegreat
Senior Member+

I suggest you to go on with BCA . Because BCA is a field which many arts and science students try to enter. With B.sc physics i don't think you have more opportunities. But in BCA you have wide choices and challenging jobs to do. Moreover any one must go only on his own interest and choose his future on his own.
6th August 2011, 02:09 PM
Bmsri

These two fields are not related.
B.C.A is related to computer and B.sc physics is related to physics.
It mainly depends on your place of interest.
When compared to B.sc many of the students are choosing B.C.A.
good luck.
18th November 2011, 02:47 PM
Unregistered

i am weak in maths,which will be the right option for me bca or bsc
11th December 2011, 09:30 PM
tuntunia

28th February 2012, 10:00 AM
drurv

I will suggest you to choose the course you like the most.

Just don't be confused and don't listen to others in this matter as you know the best what what you like to study.

If your father requests you to go with his choice,you calmly make him understand that you are not liking the course he is telling about or you are not suited for that.

More or less both of the courses B.Sc and BCA are promising.

But i will recommend you to go for BCA,as computer application has wide scope of strong future career in software industry.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?