17th January 2014, 09:06 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility, percentage required, GRE and TOEFL scores, amount and scholarship for MS in Canada?

I'm Doing Engineering in CS. I'm in 7th SEM Now.
I Want to Join the Top Universities For MS in CS in CANADA and USA.
What is the Eligibility Criteria ?
What is the Minimum % of Score in Engineering ?
What is the GRE and TOEFL score for Getting Scholorship ?
What is the Amount I Need To Spend Even If i get the scholorship ?
What is the Amount I Need To Spend If I Have Not Got the Scholorship ?
What is the alternate way to get a seat in top universities of USA with minimum budget ?

Please let me know.
Thank You.

Related Questions:
  1. List of colleges for MS(English course) in Germany? GRE & TOEFL scores to get chance in these universities with a scholarship?
  2. How much percentage is required to get full scholarship after passing mechanical Engineering with 67%? How much percentage is required in GRE and TOEFL?
  3. Minimum score required in GRE and TOEFL to get seat in best university? Financial support required?
  4. Required score in GRE and TOEFL to get admission in University of California? Required scores in these Exams to get admission in other top universities?
  5. Score required in GRE and TOEFL to get full scholarship?
  6. What are the cutoffs for GRE and TOFEL scores in Campbell University and New York University?
  7. MS in U.S.A, what are the top universities and their info. -- [Most Discussed]
  8. How much score is required in GRE and TOEFL to get admission for MS in electronics and telecommunication USA
  9. What shall I do to MS from abroad in CS stream?
  10. Are Both GRE and TOEFL score required for admission in MS program in USA?
  11. How to get admission in Ph.D? I have scored 282 in GRE and 80 in TOEFL
  12. Can I get Tata Scholarship to do MS in USA after scoring 1010 in GRE, 83 in TOEFL and 71.83 in B.Tech?
  13. Is the IELTS score valid for USA universities? What about GRE and TOEFL scores?
  14. Eligibility criteria to do MS Instrumentation in US? Marks required to be scored in GATE, GRE and TOEFL? Minimum percentage required in B.E?
  15. In which course am I eligible to take admission in abroad after doing 2 years B.Tech in Electrical Technology?
  16. Which are the available exams to get into top colleges in US?
  17. Percentage required to be eligible to study MS? How much marks are required to clear GRE and TOEFL?
  18. Minimum percentage required in B.Tech to do MS in abroad to write GRE exam?
20th January 2014, 09:22 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility, percentage required, GRE and TOEFL scores, amount and scholarship for MS in Canada?

It is good to see you aspire for higher studies,i.e, MS degree course in CS abroad. You can definitely pursue your MS degree course in the top notch universities of Canada and USA. In order to get admission in the universities of Canada and USA, you need to appear and score well in the following two exams :-

- GRE
- TOEFL or IELTS

Refer books like The Official Guide to the GRE Revised General Test, OFFICIAL GUIDE TO TOEFL TEST, Cambridge IELTS 9 Self study pack,etc. for good preparation.

You need to have a good academic record to make your position strong during admission. Hence it is recommended that you have more than 70% in your engineering. However, there is no bar on the percentage as such, keeping 60% is enough.

For getting scholarship, you need to keep more than 160 in quantitative, verbal ability and 4.5 in writing skills of GRE exam and above 100 in TOEFL. The scholarship amount usually varied. The general cost of your course would be 6000-7500$ per semester and 250-500$ living cost per month. There is no alternative way of getting admission in the top universities apart from scoring well in the entrance exams.

The top universities of Canada are:-
-University of Toronto
-University of British Columbia
-Simon Fraser University
-University of Alberta
-McGill University
-University of Calgary
-University of Waterloo
-Université de Montréal
-York University
-University of Saskatchewan
-McMaster University
-University of Western Ontario

The top universities of USA are:-
1. MIT CAMBRIDGE
2. Stanford University
3. University Of California-Berkeley
4. Carnegie Mellon University
5. Cornell University
6. Princeton University
7. California Institute Technology
8. University Of Texas At Austin
9. Harvard University
10. Univ Of Illinois At Urbana,Champaig
11. University Of Wisconsin-Madison
12. Univ Of California,Los Angeles
21st January 2014, 03:25 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Eligibility, percentage required, GRE and TOEFL scores, amount and scholarship for MS in Canada?

I want to public health course from uk. Pla tell me abt the top universities in uk for public health and how are the job aspects after completing the course
6th February 2014, 06:12 PM
Unregistered

I'm Doing Engineering in power engineering. I'm in 8th SEM Now.
I Want to Join the Top Universities For MS in CS or ME USA. I am belonging to mid family so how much scholarship I will get ?
2nd March 2014, 10:08 PM
Unregistered

WHAT IS MINIMUM REQUIREMENT TO GET A SEAT FOR MS IN USA ,CANADA THROUGH GRE
11th August 2014, 11:16 PM
Unregistered

Am too much aspired about my PG in western countries. But there are certain conflicts am entangled with. I would be every thankful to you, for helping me out of my problem.
* am an engineering student in EEE department, but i ingress in engineering via diploma. So will i get scholarship if i have completed my engineering ater polytechnic college ?
* what is the amount i have to pay despite getting scholarship ?
11th August 2014, 11:17 PM
Unregistered

Am too much aspired about my PG in western countries. But there are certain conflicts am entangled with. I would be every thankful to you, for helping me out of my problem.
* am an engineering student in EEE department, but i ingress in engineering via diploma. So will i get scholarship if i have completed my engineering ater polytechnic college ?
* what is the amount i have to pay despite getting scholarship ?
14th September 2014, 04:43 PM
Unregistered

I am having 53.5% marks in btech cse and wants to persue ms from usa.please suggest with this liw marks is it possible
14th September 2014, 04:47 PM
Unregistered

I have only 53.5% in btech cse from bvp eng college pune with 10 backlogs cleared.with this low score is it possible to persue ms in computer sc from usa
24th February 2015, 07:41 AM
Unregistered

iam b.tech 6th sem stnd in mechanical.iam complete 3 years diploma / polytechnic. But i want to do ms in USA .So my 3years diploma is needed in ms or not .
9th April 2015, 03:30 PM
Unregistered

I am having 53.5% marks in btech cse and wants to persue ms from usa and canada is it possible
7th May 2015, 02:18 PM
Unregistered

I am having 65% marks in higher secondary education . What should I do take admission in University of chicago for engineering ?
17th March 2016, 09:44 AM
Unregistered

I am a student of English literature.I've got 55% in my graduation (3yr bachelor degree) and 54% in Masters.Am I eligible for appearing in GRE TOEFL?
29th June 2016, 08:39 PM
Unregistered

I'm doing my bachelor's in cse now n want to persue my masters in cse in canada what is the eligibility criteria.N do I need to clear GRE n IELTS both or only iELTS.
16th November 2016, 03:49 PM
Unregistered

I'm doing 6 semester btech chemical engineering .which country is good for doing ms in chemical engineering .what is eligibility criteria??
19th December 2016, 08:20 PM
Unregistered

I am having 78% in my btech degree and aspire to pursue masters in Simon fraser university or University of british columbia. Am I eligible with this much percentage?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?