20th January 2014, 10:33 PM
Unregistered

Can I be eligible for IES entrance exam in civil engineering? I have done B.E in construction engineering at JU

I have done my B.E in construction engg. at ju. Can i eligible for IESentrance in civil engineering ?

Related Questions:
  1. List of various sectors in Civil Engineering? What are the training fields available in MP in Civil? Which are the Civil Engineering construction companies in MP?
  2. MBA in Construction after civil engineering, is it benifitial ?
  3. Am I eligible for upcoming IES exam after B.E Civil Engineering?
  4. IGNOU Diploma in Civil Engineering Construction Technology - I Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  5. What is the best thing to do after Civil Engineering? MBA, M.E., M.Tech or UPSC Civils? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. Mumbai University-BE in Civil Engineering-7th Sem Construction Engineering Exam - Download Previous Year's Question Papers
  7. Cochin University, B. Tech In Civil Engineering, 4th Sem Construction Engineering and Management-I Exam – Download Previous Year’s Question Papers
  8. Cochin University B.Tech in Civil Engineering 8th Semester Construction Safety & Fire Engineering Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  9. Am I eligible to give IES exam while pursuing EC engineering? Tips for the entrance exam?
  10. How to do construction engineering and management? I am a civil engineering student
  11. Best books for IES entrance exam for Civil Engineering?
  12. How much percentage is required for IES entrance exam? What are the requirements for Railway Engineering? What is the pay scale of IES and Railway Engineering and what type of questions are asked in IES and Railway Engineering exam?
  13. How to do Construction Management through distance? Is there any scope to enter in Architectural Line after B.Tech in civil engineering
  14. How to join Civil Engineering or Construction Engineering pursuing M.Com course?
  15. Can a B.Tech.(IT) final year student apply for IES exam?
  16. What is the eligibility for IES entrance exam? I am a civil engineering student
  17. IES exam for a CSE student?
  18. Cochin University B.Tech in Civil Engineering-8th Sem-Construction Management II Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
22nd January 2014, 08:46 PM
Experts
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I be eligible for IES entrance exam in civil engineering? I have done B.E in construction engineering at JU

Yeah sure, you are eligible to apply for IES Examination.

IES i.e Indian Engineering Service Examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission Once in a year. Mostly the exam notification will be publish in the month of March or April in the official website of UPSC as well as employment news paper. Engineering Service Examination is conducted for recruitment to the Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering Examination. This examination is only for Engineering candidates. Even M.Sc degree holders may also eligible.

Eligibility for IES Exam :- Candidate must have passed Engineering degree from a recognized University or equivalent qualification. No percentage bar required to apply for this examination. Candidate who are appearing in the final year of engineering degree course may also eligible to apply. Candidate age should between 21 years and 30 years at the time of appearing for the examination. If you are not completed engineering degree from above mentioned branches than you can opt any of the branches to apply for IES Examination.
9th February 2014, 10:31 PM
nareshsunrise
Senior Member++

Default Re: Can I be eligible for IES entrance exam in civil engineering? I have done B.E in construction engineering at JU

IES stands for Indian Engineering Services Exam. This exam is being conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) to recruit the candidates into following Engineering Services

Civil Engineering
Mechanical Engineering
Electrical Engineering
Electronics and Telecommunications Engineering

Here is the eligibility criteria required for the candidates to apply for this Exam.

One should have completed Graduation in Engineering with any of the stream from a recognized university.

The required age will be
21-30 years for the candidates of General category.
Relaxation in upper age limit upto 3 years for the candidates of OBC category.
Relaxation in upper age limit upto 5 years for the candidates of SC or ST category.

As you have completed your Graduation in Construction Engineering, you are eligible to apply for this Exam.

Have good preparation for the Entrance Exam and crack it.

For more information on this Exam, you can visit the official website of UPSC.

Here it is
http://upsc.gov.in/
21st August 2014, 12:19 PM
AristoAlex

Default Elligibilty for IES entrance exam.

Hi,

I have passed engineering in Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering in 2014 from Mumbai university. Please let me know if i am elligible to appear for the IES exam. If yes, then please help me with the process of appearing for the next entrance and also guide me with the course materials which i should be preparing for the exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?