7th September 2013, 03:43 AM
chaithu127

What is the eligibility for IES entrance exam? I am a civil engineering student

I am currently in 4th year of civil engineering and I am pursuing Integrated M.tech Structural enginnering ( 5 years). I will be completing my course by may 2015. Can I give IES exam in june 2014 ?? When do we actually need to produce the course completion certificate ?? Is it in the Interview ?? If so, please tell me in which month generally interviews will be held?? (I will get my course completion certificates by end of august or in the first week of september 2015..)

Related Questions:
  1. Can a B.Tech.(IT) final year student apply for IES exam?
  2. Can a Civil Engineer appear for IES entrance exam? What is the eligibility criteria?
  3. Am I eligible for upcoming IES exam after B.E Civil Engineering?
  4. What is the eligibility criteria for IES entrance exam? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. Can I be eligible for IES entrance exam being an IT student?
  6. Best books for IES entrance exam for Civil Engineering?
  7. What is IES exam syllabus? I am a student of diploma Civil engineering
  8. Can I apply for government job after doing B.Tech from KSOU
  9. Information about IES-ECE entrance exam? I am a average student in engineering
  10. Being an IT student am I eligible for IES exam? Is there any criteria for preparing for the entrance exam?
  11. How much percentage is required for IES entrance exam? What are the requirements for Railway Engineering? What is the pay scale of IES and Railway Engineering and what type of questions are asked in IES and Railway Engineering exam?
  12. Syllabus of Civil Engineering for IES Exam?
  13. Previous year solved Question Papers for IES Exam for Civil Engineering?
  14. Required Eligibility criteria to appear for IES Exam in Civil Engineering? What syllabus should I prepare for this Exam? Top Coaching Centers for this Exam?
  15. How to start preparation for IES Exam being a candidate of pursuing B.Tech 2nd year in Civil Engineering?
  16. How to do IES coaching after passing B.E civil Engineering? Best IES coaching institutes in India
  17. Information about IES entrance exam? I am a student of IIT Guwahati
  18. Details about IES entrance exam? I am a CSE student
7th September 2013, 09:48 AM
B.Srikanth Yadav

Thumbs up Re: What is the eligibility for IES entrance exam? I am a civil engineering student

Hi Aspirant,

You must complete B.Tech in the following disciplines

1. Mechanical engineering

2. Electrical engineering

3. Electronics engineering

4. Civil engineering

5.final year students can also apply.

M.Sc degree or its equivalent with

1. Wireless Communications

2. Electronics

3. Radio Physics or Radio Engineering as special subjects also acceptable for certain Services/posts only.

AGE limit for IES:

General: 21 years to 30 years.

OBC: 21 years to 33 years.

SC/ST: 21 years to 35 years.

Here I am uploading some previous year questions papers take it.

If you want detail Information visit below link:
http://www.examrace.com

Thank You.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf IES-Civil-Engineering-2009.pdf(873.7 KB, 223 views)
File Type: pdf IES-Civil-Engineering-2010.pdf(1.53 MB, 225 views)
File Type: pdf IES-Civil-Engineering-2011.pdf(1.35 MB, 224 views)
File Type: pdf IES-Civil-Engineering-Paper-1-2007.pdf(872.6 KB, 177 views)
File Type: pdf IES-Civil-Engineering-Paper-1-2008.pdf(861.4 KB, 207 views)
File Type: pdf IES-Civil-Engineering-Paper-2-2007.pdf(927.6 KB, 168 views)
File Type: pdf IES-Civil-Engineering-Paper-I-2012.pdf(599.3 KB, 153 views)
File Type: pdf IES-Civil-Engineering-Paper-II-2012.pdf(617.5 KB, 187 views)
7th September 2013, 09:55 AM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the eligibility for IES entrance exam? I am a civil engineering student

Yes Civil Engineering Graduates can apply for Engineering Services examination but you have to complete your Degree then only you can apply for it.

You have to produce the course completion certificate in the interview stage. If you fail show the documents during Interview then you will not be considered for the this exam.

Interviews will be held after the declaration of the written examination results. The result of written exam usually comes in 1 or 2 month time.

So make sure that you have the degree well on time so that you do not face any problem in future.

Engineering Services exam is conducted by UPSC and it recruits officers in following Engineering services:

-Civil Engineering Services

-Mechanical Engineering Services

-Electrical Engineering Services

-Electronics Engineering Services

Age Limit:

The age should be between 21 to 30 years if you are a General Category candidate. There is age relaxation available for reserved categories.

SC/ST : 5 years relaxation

OBC : 3 years relaxation

Selection Procedure:

-Written Examination

-Interview

The syllabus of written exam will be according to your Engineering stream which is Civil Engineering. So revise everything that you have studied in your Graduation.
7th September 2013, 10:34 AM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the eligibility for IES entrance exam? I am a civil engineering student

Hi dear............

IES exam is conducted through UPSC every year , The Interested candidates have to appear Civil Service Exam .The eligibility criteria for this exam are as follows....

Educational Qualifications:

Any Graduate with minimum pass marks from recognized University can eligible to apply for this exam, The final year candidates those who are interested can also apply for this exam.

Age Limits:

>A candidate must have attained minimum 21 years and not maximum 30 years .

>For SC/ST candidates-21-35Years

>OBC candidates-21-33Years.

For More details log on to..
http://www.upsc.gov.in

Good luck...............
7th September 2013, 11:28 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Dear friend

Yes,you can apply for the IES exam and the IES exam will be conducted by the Union Public Service Comission.According to the UPSC notifications released every year,the candidates who completed the engineering from ny of the following branches can apply for the IES exam are :

-->Electrical Engineering

-->Civil Engineering

-->Mechanical Engineering

-->Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering

>>Eligibility Criteria :-

**Age Limit to appear for the IES exam :

General-21-30 years
OBC-21-33 years
SC/ST-21-35 years

**Educational Qualification :
You must have to complete the graduation from any recognised university.

**Nationality :
You must be a citizen of India.

**No of Attempts :
General-4
OBC-7
SC/ST-Unlimited

**Selection Procedure :

Preliminary Exam
Main Exam
Interview

So,as a Civil Engineering student,you can apply for the IES exam.

Thank You
7th September 2013, 02:34 PM
bat cool

Hello

IES stands for Indian Engineering Services. This exam is conducted by UPSC board every year to recruit B.Tech and M.Sc candidates in the field of engineering

The candidates completed mechanical, civil, electronics and electrical engineering can appear for IES exam

M.Sc candidates with specailization as radio physics or radio engineering, Wireless communications, electronics can appear for IES exam

Rest of the candidates are not eligible for IES exam

The age limit to appear the exam is 21 - 30 years

As this exam is conducted by UPSC board , the rules and regulations are similar to other UPSC exams like IAS, IPS, CDS etc

Age relaxations are given as

SC,ST - 5 years
OBC - 3 years

Number of times writing the exam is

OC - 4 times
OBC - 7times
SC, ST - no such restrictions

candidates must be healthy enough to work in the posts related to IES

all the best
7th September 2013, 03:29 PM
Ravikanth2027
Senior Member+++++

IES Stands Indian Engineering Service

IES exam is conducted by union Public Service Commission every year

Eligibility :

Candidates must be Indian

Candidates must be complete B.Tech / B.E in any one following stream from a recognized University

Mechanical Engineering

Electrical Engineering

Civil Engineering

Electronics & Communication Engineering

Candidates age limit between 21 to 30 years

The upper age relaxation as per govt rules

3 years age relaxation for OBC candidates

5 years age relaxation for SC/ST candidates

Exam Pattern :

Best Books :

IES Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering Conventional Solved Papers By Made Easy Team

UPSC Engineering Service Exam L Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering By G.K Publications
7th September 2013, 03:59 PM
santhosh29

Eligibility criteria for IES exams:

Age limit :

Age between 21-30 years old candidate eligible for apply IES exam.
OBC have 3 years Upper age relaxation.
SC/ST have 5 year upper age relaxation.

Education qualification:

Candidate Should have bachelor's degree in Engineering from a recognized university.

Engineering eligible branches for IES:

Civil Engineering.
Mechanical Engineering.
Electrical Engineering.
Electronic & Telecommunication Engineering.

Nationality: A candidate must be a citizen of India/ Nepal/ Bhutan...

All the best!!!!!!!!!!!!
7th September 2013, 06:03 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend

IES stands for the Indian Engineering Services .It is conducted by the UPSC once every year .

Th eligibility criteria for the exam is as below:

1.Academic qualification :

>>You must have a degree in engineering or technology from a recognized university.Candidates having master's degree in wireless communications ,radio engineering ,radio physics are also eligible for it.

>>Final year candidates of engineering are also eligible for the exam .But they have to submit the proof of passing the degree after clearing the written test of IES .

So ,you cannot give the IES exam during your prefinal year of five years master's degree integrated program as if you will give the exam and clear the written test in 2014 then you will have to submit the degree in 2014 at the time of interview which will held in last month of 2014 or starting month of 2015 and you will get your degree in 2015 August.

Hence you can give the IES exam in 2015.

2.Age criteria :

The age limit for the exam is 21-30 years with three years age relaxation to obc and five years to sc/st candidates respectively.

3.The number of attempts are :

>>General:4

>>OBC:7

>>SC/ST : no limit

4.Examination pattern:

Do not worry till then you can do the preparation for the exam by joining the good institutes like MADE EASY ,Engineers Institute of India etc.

For any more details please about IES click here

Hope the information helps you as much as you expect .For any other assistance please do not forget to leave a message here .We will get back to you as soon as possible.

Enjoy your life and all the best for your career.

aashisranjan784
8th September 2013, 12:24 AM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,

The IES stands for Indian Engineering Services. This Exam is conducted every year by the Union Public Service Commission.

This Exam is considered unique as the questions asked in this exam are only from the below mentioned streams of Engineering :

* Civil Engineering

* Mechanical Engineering

* Electronics & Electrical Engineering

* Electronics & Communication Engineering

Since you are currently in the final year of Civil Engineering , you will be eligible for the IES Exam if you fulfill the below mentioned conditions :

* You should not have any pending backlog.

* Your age should lie in between 21-30 years considering that you belong to Open Category.

* OBC Candidates get a relaxation of 3 years in Upper age whereas SC/ST Candidates get 5 years age relaxation.

* You must have Indian Nationality.

The IES Exam is conducted in the following phases :

1) Written Exam

2) Interview Test

Note : You need to pass both the phases in order to pass the IES Exam.

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
11th September 2013, 01:23 AM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

Hi friend..............

IES stands Indian Engineering Service. This exam conducted by the upsc twice in a year. IES exam is a one of the civil service exam.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:

Nationality:

the candidate should be a citizen of india.

Educational Qualifications:

The candidate must have complete the graduation in engineering from any recognized university.

There is no minimum percentage required to eligible for this exam.

Age limit:

the candidate minimum age limit is 21 years.
Maximum age limit is 30 years.

Relaxation:

OBC: 3 years

SC/ST: 5 years

Both male and female candidates are eligible.

No. Of attempts:

General Candidates: 4 attempts

OBC: 7 attempts

SC/ST: No limit of Attempts

The candidate should be physically fit.

SELECTION PROCEDURE:

Civil Service Aptitude Test

Main Exam

Interview

All the best...............
28th February 2014, 01:29 PM
Unregistered

Now i am persuing b.tech third year(civil),i want to write upcoming IES-2015 exam.My date of birth is 14-8-1994.plese tell me am i eligible to write that exam.
15th October 2020, 08:32 PM
Unregistered

Hello. I am currently in my third year(5th semester) mechanical engineering degree and I want to appear for the upcoming IES 2021 exam. Am I eligible to appear for the exam?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?